Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2012, 03:30 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,253,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
And I guess that should be a surprise to people? The other two are not gay. You sure have a strange way of thinking. Let the unnatural people raise children, but normal people should not.
HA HA

I would hardly consider Bachmann and Santorum "normal."

Besides, have you taken a good look at Bachmann's husband?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2012, 03:30 PM

254 posts, read 202,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post
It's logical fallacy to pick the worst couple of the majority group & compare them with the best couple of a minority group.

The fact is that when you support gay marriage, you dishonor mothers and fathers, including your own.
My mother and father have been married for over 20 years and have had 3 kids including me. They support same sex marriage, as do I. I'm not dishonoring them.

Quote:
When you support gay marriage, you're saying, "Children don't need a mother, or a father... just fathers, or just mothers are ok."
Yet, we KNOW that just as we absolutely NEED a MOTHER AND FATHER to EXIST... we also need both to grow up in a balanced way & to be able to relate well with both males & females.
So according to you single parents, orphanages, grandparents or other relatives that raise kids shouldn't be allowed to because it's not a mother and father. Boy you homophobes are authoritarian. Also no I don't say children don't need a mother or father. I'm saying being raised by two moms or two dads is just the same as a heterosexual marriage.

Old 03-10-2012, 03:33 PM

254 posts, read 202,578 times
Quote:
I'm not sure if that was his quote.

I do know that homosexuality is being pushed on us through the media & even on children in some schools. It needs to stop, but people need to WAKE UP & realize what's happening.

It's not about hate, or being prejudice. We must learn to love people while objecting to harmful behavior.

I do know that homophobia is being pushed on us through the media & even on children in some Evangelical homes. It needs to stop, but people need to WAKE UP & realize what's happening.

It's about hate, or being prejudice. We must learn to love people while objecting to harmful bigoted homophobic behavior.

Old 03-10-2012, 03:34 PM

2,469 posts, read 3,131,507 times
Cinebar,
You have no idea how I teach my kids yet you assume anyway.
Maybe it hit a sore spot for you. I hope you can get over that & see truth for what it is.
We happen to have extended family with homosexual preferences.
We've taught our children that behavior like homosexual practices is wrong, but it's separate from the individual & we love them still.

Please explain why children were exposed to homosexuality without parental consent, even behind parents backs?
Please explain these:

*Freshmen were told not to tell their parents about a pro-gay seminar & were required to sign a confidentiality agreement (Derrfield, Illinois Mar. 2007).
*In March, 2007, a Massachusetts high school banned parents from attending a seminar for students on how they can know they are homosexual.
*In October, 2008, First graders (6 year-old students) were taken on a field trip to watch their lesbian teacher's wedding.
*In Oct 2008, a Hayward CA public elementary school celebrated "Coming Out Day."

Also, others' rights have been infringed upon in favor of supporting gay rights.
*In April 2008, an Albuquerque photographer was fined over $6,000 for refusing to be hired to photograph a lesbian couple's commitment ceremony.
*In May, 2008, a black administrator was fired from the U of Toledo, Ohio, for writing an editorial objecting to the comparison of black discrimination to same-sex marriage.
*An intolerant opponent of Proposition 8 even violently attacked & injured a Proposition supporter in Oct. 2008.
*On November 19, 2008, eHarmony, a Christian-based matching service was forced by New Jersey's Division on Civil Rights to provide website matching services for homosexuals.

Old 03-10-2012, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheist Liberal View Post

I do know that homophobia is being pushed on us through the media & even on children in some Evangelical homes. It needs to stop, but people need to WAKE UP & realize what's happening.

It's about hate, or being prejudice. We must learn to love people while objecting to harmful bigoted homophobic behavior.
Couldn't rep you again, but this.

Old 03-10-2012, 03:37 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,999,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
The evidence confirms what most people have always known intuitively: the adoption of children by same-sex couples is morally and psychologically harmful. I would argue, further, that legally permitting such adoptions amounts to state-sanctioned child abuse and must be stopped.

Family Expert on Studies: Same-Sex Parenting Does Affect Children:

"The U.S. National Longitudinal Lesbian Family Study (NLLFS) found that 49 percent of girls raised by lesbian mothers identified as either bi- or lesbian, compared with only 7 percent of girls raised in heterosexual-headed households.

Stanton writes in his analysis that the NLLFS study also found that 'daughters of lesbian mothers were significantly more likely to have had same-sex contact compared with peers from heterosexual-parented homes. Boys in a few studies were more sexually reticent.'

Lesbian-parented girls also have a higher likelihood of having used emergency contraception (35 percent vs. 5 percent), indicating a higher prevalence of careless sexual activity."
The only harm that comes out of same-sex parenting is having to put up with outageous bigotry and prejudice from the religious crowd. I've met many same sex parented children and have NEVER even met one that turned out gay too.

Old 03-10-2012, 03:41 PM

2,469 posts, read 3,131,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheist Liberal View Post
My mother and father have been married for over 20 years and have had 3 kids including me. They support same sex marriage, as do I. I'm not dishonoring them.
You are dishonoring the roles of mother and father, which is more LASTING, than your own temporary father or mother that will some day die.
Mothers contribute uniquely to raising children.
Fathers contribute uniquely to raising children.
How would a father explain & help with puberty to a developing daughter?
How would a mother explain & help with manly issues?

Quote:
So according to you single parents, orphanages, grandparents or other relatives that raise kids shouldn't be allowed to because it's not a mother and father.
I never stated that & you know it.
Single parents usually try to find a father figure or mother figure (like uncles/aunts/grandparents) to help balance it out.
And single parents are not asking for marriage to be redefined to be 1 person.

Quote:
Boy you homophobes are authoritarian.
Boy, you sure are clueless about logical fallacies like adhominem attacks.
Let me explain it to you, so you understand, since I'm "athoritarian"...
When people don't have anything substantial to contribute to a debate, sometimes they will use personal attacks to try to put the other down and detract from the obvious fact that they themselves don't have anything more to share.

Old 03-10-2012, 03:44 PM

3,501 posts, read 3,134,706 times
Quote:
Single parents usually try to find a father figure or mother figure (like uncles/aunts/grandparents) to help balance it out.
Same sex couples don't have uncles/aunts/grandparents?

(Or friends/cousins/neighbors/siblings, etc.?)

Old 03-10-2012, 03:47 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,638,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Thanks for a level-headed and rational assessment of it....and saving me from the necessity of opening the two links from FOX that doctrain provided.

How wonderful for that child to have open-minded and caring parents, who instead of freaking out over this and/or ignoring it and causing her more trauma, saw that she got the medical assessment that she needed.
So, you ask for a link and are obliged and then refuse to look at the link and instead base your opinion on someone else's "assessment." Okay, pretty much says it all about what you base your opinions on.

Old 03-10-2012, 03:48 PM

Quote:
You are dishonoring the roles of mother and father, which is more LASTING, than your own temporary father or mother that will some day die.
Mothers contribute uniquely to raising children.
Fathers contribute uniquely to raising children.
How would a father explain & help with puberty to a developing daughter?
How would a mother explain & help with manly issues?

I never stated that & you know it.
And single parents are not asking for marriage to be redefined to be 1 person.
And you don't think that same sex couples have mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, or even good friends to help "balance" things out? Do you think they live in a bubble, where they have no other people in their lives who can be positive influences in their children's lives?

Besides, I think a mother is perfectly capable of explaining and helping with "manly" issues (lord knows, I've bought my share of jock straps) and that fathers are certainly capable of explaining things to a developing daughter.

Really baseless arguments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies