Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 04:46 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,777,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kkaos2 View Post
It's not appropriate for taxpayer dollars to fund a partisan media outlet. So they voted to stop using taxpayer dollars to fund it. They didn't vote to ban it from the airwaves. Nor did they try to stop it from receiving funding from private sources.
Your irrational demand that children raise themselves among wolves or be raised in an attic like veal is not acceptable. Your war on women going on in your mind extended to children as collateral damage betrays your repugnance as a defective human being.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2012, 04:46 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,823,165 times
I have to wander if they go too far under freedom of sppech or its a sign that we have has a society have that they can get ratings to stay on the air.If people didn't tune in they would go off the air;simple as that.Pften a boycottt means either more viewers or that they return later with new sonsors and people watch for next constroversy.

Old 03-10-2012, 04:48 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,448,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Why would anybody want to censor talk radio hosts like Rush or Savage? If buffoonery crap talk like that gets you off then more power to you. You want to talk about censoring though how about Conservative Republicans voting to defund NPR?
mmm... that buzz went away quickly didn't it?

juan williams?

but now there's a witch hunt out for Rush.

Old 03-10-2012, 04:55 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,121,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
^^this.
hate radio and trash tv (both sides of lamestream media) are out of control in the U.S.

I want news on the economy and facts, not corporate controlled tripe and reality shows. It is all part of appealing to the lowest common denominator. I would not want my child watching any of this garbage.
Can't say how much I agree with this statement.

Old 03-10-2012, 04:57 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,013,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
I can't rep you again but...

BINGO!!! Now, when adults act like this in public, what have they been teaching children/ teens by their abysmal lack as adults? That childish, hateful, malignant behavior = adulthood? Thuggery= adulthood? Look what our overall culture is conditioning young people into believing.

Violence in schools came from the adults in their lives. Not the teachers. But isn't it interesting to see these same pathetic children in adult bodies claiming themselves to be 'conservative' throwing (false accusation) rocks at teachers & blaming whole school districts for abysmal parenting + lack of religious education in the churches. It is now in the minds of moronic rabid right that if only the state bankroll religious orgs brainwashing children in lieu of an education, that America will magically become more 'Christian'. It will not. They've present tense abdicated their responsibility as parents and as religious. The blame game coming from the religious? Amazing they deserve 'protection'?

How much 'religious protection' does a character like Jim Jones deserve when he's made a mockery/ perversion of religion and the very government that upheld his actual rights?

I can't rep you again but...

Old 03-10-2012, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
^^this.
hate radio and trash tv (both sides of lamestream media) are out of control in the U.S.

I want news on the economy and facts, not corporate controlled tripe and reality shows. It is all part of appealing to the lowest common denominator. I would not want my child watching any of this garbage.
it is sensational media pandering i agree.

we need facts and not pablum... not some watered down version of the news.

but to have an FCC license you have to tow the line.

all the major news outlets have their news SCREENED BY THE WHITE HOUSE!!! DIDN'T YOU KNOW!!?

KEEPS US SATIATED IN REALITY SHOW AND SENSATIONAL NEWS HELL!!!

OUR NEWS IS CENSORED IN THE UNITED STATES!

Old 03-10-2012, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
"do you think that the comments made by some could incite someone to commit a crime like murder over their comments?"

I not only "think" but I know that they, nor we incite others to commit crimes. Again, personal resposibility and a nut, if a true nut will use whatever they've got to blame, if they wish, their crimes on. The poetic expressive example of this fact is when the Beatles music, Helter Skelter was listened to over and over by that bearded freak that's still in prison for murdering or orchestrating the murder of actress Sharon Tate.

Furthermore, the liberal party likes what you just asked and would answer a resounding YES so that in the near future, when social unrest spreads to the streets which they are sublimely orchestrating....they can blame folks like Beck, Rush, and even bloggers, etc....it's all planned and it came from within the study of "Psychopolitics" which was an art that Russia perfected before 1920.
What??!

Do you believe that?

Old 03-10-2012, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
"do you think that the comments made by some could incite someone to commit a crime like murder over their comments?"

I not only "think" but I know that they, nor we incite others to commit crimes. Again, personal resposibility and a nut, if a true nut will use whatever they've got to blame, if they wish, their crimes on. The poetic expressive example of this fact is when the Beatles music, Helter Skelter was listened to over and over by that bearded freak that's still in prison for murdering or orchestrating the murder of actress Sharon Tate.

Furthermore, the liberal party likes what you just asked and would answer a resounding YES so that in the near future, when social unrest spreads to the streets which they are sublimely orchestrating....they can blame folks like Beck, Rush, and even bloggers, etc....it's all planned and it came from within the study of "Psychopolitics" which was an art that Russia perfected before 1920.
I"m not a conspiracy theorist but I do think that our news is censored and used to sway the public at large.

when I'm in Europe there is a variety of news on the air about international issues - we drop the ball in the USA... that's why i watch BBC news to get a handle on what's going on in the world.

Old 03-10-2012, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
So things should only survive if it can flourish in a capitalist society?

In other words, unless something can make lots of money, it shouldn't have any worth attached to it and therefore shouldn't exist?

Damn. That would be a sad ass world to live in.
That is exactly why we aren't harnessing natural forms of energy in this world. Nikola Tesla had technology back at the turn of the century to harness electrical currents through lightning storms.

Because you can't put a price tag on lightning, his work was never revived. Sadly, the world we currently live in is sad ass in some ways. The encouraging thing is to see people waking up at such an alarming rate.

Old 03-10-2012, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post

This includes the malice inflicted on womankind by Rush.

malice???? womanhood??!?!? I was NOT offended by Rush's statement at all!

THE MAN APOLOGIZED!!!

WHY THE WITCH HUNT!!!??

FOURTH AMENDMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies