Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 06:09 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I generally agree with 100% of this.^^^

However, today Steinem, Fonda and a few others have demanded the FCC yank his license due to his hate speech.

Now I would rather listen to recordings of fighting cats than Rush but that's some some scary arse stuff folks.
I read about that, but you and i both know that he isn't about to lose his FCC credentials. That'll never happen, nor should it. Steinem and Fonda should go eat rocks or something.

If folks don't like Limbaugh, they should just leave him alone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2012, 07:36 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,387,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
If folks don't like Limbaugh, they should just leave him alone.
Nahh. He talks trash about anyone and everyone he doesn't like. Worse, he seeks to influence public opinion so that someone else's way of life can be affected. Would it be censorship and/or a violation of his right to free speech to get him taken off the air (by taking the license of any radio station that aired him)? Yes, I think so. I wouldn't do it personally, because I think it's going overboard. But would I feel sorry for him or protest if someone succeeded in getting him off public radio? Not one bit.

Call it approving of censorship in general or a slippery slope if you want. I don't think it fair that he seeks to change so many other people's lives against their will and not get a right taken away because of it. Live by the sword, die by the sword.

Old 03-11-2012, 07:44 PM

4,127 posts, read 5,067,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichton View Post
Rush shouldn't be rejecting anyone if this is in fact true. He was down to 2 paid advertisers out of nearly 50 just the other day, and a list of 98 advertisers has already requested they be dropped during his show.
1+7= Cheerios

Old 03-11-2012, 09:53 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Saturday Night Live Spoofs Limbaugh's "****" Firestorm, Advertiser Exodus

Saturday Night Live Spoofs Limbaugh's "****" Firestorm, Advertiser Exodus | Media Matters for America

Old 03-11-2012, 10:15 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichton View Post
Rush shouldn't be rejecting anyone if this is in fact true. He was down to 2 paid advertisers out of nearly 50 just the other day, and a list of 98 advertisers has already requested they be dropped during his show.
Nonsense. More propaganda from Dkos, MM and stink progress.

Rush has THOUSANDS of advertisers...MOST on local affiliates that he has nothing at all to do with. Some request from the stations their ads air during specific times, specific programs...or not.

You have no idea what those advertisers have been requesting all along, what time frame they request or who's show they don't want to advertise on.

Rush has 20-25 MILLION listeners a week....if his advertisers want to ignore a listening audience that big, I'm sure others will step up and take their place.

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/stations

Rush is heard on OVER 600 stations nationwide. Each of those stations airs ads during his three hours on the air, which translates into THOUSANDS of advertisers.

Old 03-11-2012, 11:05 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Obviously, mysogonists have fans and followers. He backs the the hijacked Republican party in their need to control women, therefore, he'll be around until his heart gives out from either clogged arteries or another round of addiction to Rx drugs. I don't even think that this toad believes half the crap he spews...he just gets paid sooooo well to spew it.

Old 03-11-2012, 11:30 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
Nahh. He talks trash about anyone and everyone he doesn't like. Worse, he seeks to influence public opinion so that someone else's way of life can be affected. Would it be censorship and/or a violation of his right to free speech to get him taken off the air (by taking the license of any radio station that aired him)? Yes, I think so. I wouldn't do it personally, because I think it's going overboard. But would I feel sorry for him or protest if someone succeeded in getting him off public radio? Not one bit.

Call it approving of censorship in general or a slippery slope if you want. I don't think it fair that he seeks to change so many other people's lives against their will and not get a right taken away because of it. Live by the sword, die by the sword.
Well, that's where i come down. I just think folks should leave him alone.

However, i'm curious to know what his position was on the whole Dixie Chicks scandal.

Old 03-12-2012, 07:42 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,387,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Well, that's where i come down. I just think folks should leave him alone.

However, i'm curious to know what his position was on the whole Dixie Chicks scandal.
You could google it, but you'd better take the SafeSearch off, or you'll never find his "position"

Oh, and parents, don't let your kids watch or listen to Rush Limbaugh. Let them learn from something more wholesome, like BET or Comedy Central around midnight.

Old 03-12-2012, 08:41 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,239,617 times
Talking You can complain about Rush L to the FCC.

Your own personal chance to complain to the govt about lush.

FCC should clear Limbaugh from airwaves

If Clear Channel won't clean up its airways, then surely it's time for the public to ask the FCC a basic question: Are the stations carrying Limbaugh's show in fact using their licenses "in the public interest?"

Spectrum is a scarce government resource. Radio broadcasters are obligated to act in the public interest and serve their respective communities of license. In keeping with this obligation, individual radio listeners may complain to the FCC that Limbaugh's radio station (and those syndicating his show) are not acting in the public interest or serving their respective communities of license by permitting such dehumanizing speech.

Opinion: Democrats should reject Bill Maher's money

The FCC takes such complaints into consideration when stations file for license renewal. For local listeners near a station that carries Limbaugh's show, there is plenty of evidence to bring to the FCC that their station isn't carrying out its public interest obligation. Complaints can be registered under the broadcast category of the FCC website: File Complaint | FCC.gov

FCC should clear Limbaugh from airwaves - CNN.com

Old 03-12-2012, 12:55 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,384,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Nonsense. More propaganda from Dkos, MM and stink progress.

Rush has THOUSANDS of advertisers...MOST on local affiliates that he has nothing at all to do with. Some request from the stations their ads air during specific times, specific programs...or not.

You have no idea what those advertisers have been requesting all along, what time frame they request or who's show they don't want to advertise on.

Rush has 20-25 MILLION listeners a week....if his advertisers want to ignore a listening audience that big, I'm sure others will step up and take their place.

Radio Stations - The Rush Limbaugh Show

Rush is heard on OVER 600 stations nationwide. Each of those stations airs ads during his three hours on the air, which translates into THOUSANDS of advertisers.

I have never heard of any of those organizations or websites. The information was released by Clear Channel themselves. You know, the company he works for? How is reporting facts considered propaganda?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies