Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 04:19 PM

7,331 posts, read 15,385,654 times

Advertisements

Maybe. So criticize her for that. Not for wanting to deface monuments to soliders like her own son.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2007, 04:25 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,389,899 times
She interrupted one of the most, if not the most, important interviews this year (especially in Congress where nothing happens pretty much ever, except the post office renaming..) with her stupidity and lack of character. She deserves every negative word anybody can throw at her and then some.

Yes it's bad that her son died, it's bad when any child dies and I hope to hell I never have to face that with either of mine. However, if it does, I'm not going to use that as my stupid excuse every time I screw up or want to make a point and flub it up.. well, yeah, sorry officer. I did drink a whole case of beer before driving, but ya know, my son died three years ago... blah

Old 09-10-2007, 04:29 PM

7,331 posts, read 15,385,654 times
Faulty logic. I can't argue with faulty logic.

Old 09-10-2007, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
logic. I can't argue with logic.
translation...

and you don't think the my son died in iraq card has a limit on it? I think the last person finally figured out rodney king was nothing but a drugged out criminal after his 50th arrest..

she has an agenda and you have to change cards when you go that route..

Old 09-10-2007, 05:14 PM

3,301 posts, read 6,326,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
Vietnam Memorial Wall In Washington DC Defaced This Weekend (September 7-9, 2007) Vietnam Memorial Wall Defaced This Weekend (September 7-9, 2007)

The cowards sneek around at night just as terrorists do...

What do you think?
Thanks to Betty Kilbride for the updated pictures.

Please note that, Betty Kilbride who took the pictures, had conversation with National Park Service officials.

Also note, according to Betty's conversation, no other memorials in the area were damaged......so it may be concluded that the action purposefully aimed at enraging Viet Nam Veterans.........they succeeded, no doubt about that.

Will the media pay any attention.........no but they give all kinds of attention to Code Pink nitwits screaming in the General Petraeus hearings.........disgusting.

Harry Riley, COL, USA, Ret

Old 09-10-2007, 05:17 PM

3,301 posts, read 6,326,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
Vietnam Memorial Wall In Washington DC Defaced This Weekend (September 7-9, 2007) Vietnam Memorial Wall Defaced This Weekend (September 7-9, 2007)

The cowards sneek around at night just as terrorists do...

What do you think?
Friday night, someone squirted an oil/petroleum-based substance on the Vietnam Wall. As a result, the wall absorbed the substance and obliterated some of the heroes’ names inscribed at the wall.
GATHERING OF EAGLES

I posted more picture at the above link.

Old 09-10-2007, 05:22 PM

hopefully there is video surveillance and the coward that did this will be arrested.. although I could think of much better forms of punishment..
If they are, I don't think there will be much surprise at their affiliation..

Old 09-10-2007, 07:21 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,138,039 times
This is so stupid. This 'act' is instantly attributable to your enemy because, hey, everyone else is your enemy. It could easily have been some homeless guy or someone with a drug-laced soda pop or someone running with an can of motor oil to their car. You have no proof it was done intentionally, but, hey, you people love war, so start another one! Who needs facts, let's just start killing! Being trigger-happy is not the same thing as patriotic.

Honestly, please concentrate on real problems and ignore the imagined ones, will you?!

Old 09-10-2007, 07:44 PM

drug laced pop and motor oil? come on now.. I've been to DC several times and I don't need a finger to count the number of times I saw either of those at any of the tourist traps.. that was obviously vandalism and to dismiss it is basically the way of the left..

Old 09-10-2007, 07:50 PM

5,760 posts, read 11,545,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post

Honestly, please concentrate on real problems and ignore the imagined ones, will you?!

The fantasy is all they have. Russ Verney and Co. have been having wet dreams of this for over a year.

Seem to recall this Gathering of Nitwits or whatever they call themselves were somehow gonna "defend" the wall from all attacks real or imaginary -- when the only ones talking about anything happening to the wall was these clowns, themselves.

Must have been sleeping in a bit too soundly this weekend? Sort of like the Air Force on 9-11? Funny how that happens sometimes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies