Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 01:55 PM

3,301 posts, read 6,308,763 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
Vietnam Memorial Wall In Washington DC Defaced This Weekend (September 7-9, 2007) Vietnam Memorial Wall Defaced This Weekend (September 7-9, 2007)

The cowards sneek around at night just as terrorists do...

What do you think?
The National Park Service is sending out two different reports on what happened to the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall in Washington DC. One report out of the Washington Times says "The U.S. Park Police are investigating suspected vandalism at the Vietnam Veterans Memorial on the Mall."

The other report says that the National Park Service is calling the defacing a 'cleaning accident.' One way or another, the National Park Service is lying to the public and America's Vietnam Veterans. Why they are lying, I do not know.

You See The Pictures And Decide What The Pictures Say...
Vandalism or a Cleaning Accident?

Vietnam Memorial Wall Defaced This Weekend (September 7-9, 2007)
Pictures At:
Vietnam Memorial Wall Defaced This Weekend (September 7-9, 2007)
I'll be placing more pictures to the link later in the day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2007, 01:59 PM

Default washington times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatless Wonder View Post
I searched CNN, the Washington Post, and Google News, and none of them had anything about this. Do you have any other sources?
Article published Sep 11, 2007

Vandals feared at memorial
Vandals feared at memorial*-*-*The Washington Times, America's Newspaper
September 11, 2007

By Natasha Altamirano - The U.S. Park Police are investigating suspected vandalism at the Vietnam Veterans Memorial on the Mall.

Old 09-11-2007, 02:03 PM

7,330 posts, read 15,326,474 times
I'm not trying to be at all disrespectful when I say this, but if that was the work of vandals, they were REALLY lousy vandals. I mean, if someone were filled with enough malice to deface a monument, you'd think they'd really try to mess the thing up. It looks too arbitrary and poorly executed. If they're saying accident, I tend to believe accident.

Besides, they said 'suspected' vandalism. They, and you, suspected it was vandalism. Then they said it was a cleaning accident. Guess the suspicions were wrong.

Old 09-11-2007, 03:06 PM

2,032 posts, read 6,868,077 times
Don't believe everything you read from The Washington Times!
They tend to "overplay" at lot of stories, just like Fox News.
I saw recently that they spend millions of dollars each year cleaning up after people who visit the memorials. Remember, until we know who would do something to deface the Vietnam Memorial, it does no good to jump to conclusions that they are anti-war protesters. I also find it hard to believe that in DC with all of the security now anyone could get away with doing much to that memorial.

Old 09-11-2007, 04:21 PM

Default Code Pink

Quote:
Originally Posted by roanoker 4 View Post
Don't believe everything you read from The Washington Times!
They tend to "overplay" at lot of stories, just like Fox News.
I saw recently that they spend millions of dollars each year cleaning up after people who visit the memorials. Remember, until we know who would do something to deface the Vietnam Memorial, it does no good to jump to conclusions that they are anti-war protesters. I also find it hard to believe that in DC with all of the security now anyone could get away with doing much to that memorial.
It would not be the first time anti-war marchers defaced national veterans memorials in Washington DC. It happened in January 2007, when Code Pink disgraced a U.S. Navy Veterans Memorial.

This past weekend, CODE PINK was all over Washington DC. CODE PINK demonstators were the ones thrown out of Congress yesterday when the General was speaking to Congress.

Old 09-11-2007, 04:48 PM

7,330 posts, read 15,326,474 times
What'd Code Pink do? Is that the time they dressed up the sailor? Did that do any long-term damage?

Old 09-11-2007, 07:41 PM

Default More Pictures:

More Pictures:
MORE PICTURES OF THE VIETNAM VETERANS MEMORIAL DEFACING

Old 09-11-2007, 07:53 PM

Default What Is Code Pink...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
It would not be the first time anti-war marchers defaced national veterans memorials in Washington DC. It happened in January 2007, when Code Pink disgraced a U.S. Navy Veterans Memorial.

This past weekend, CODE PINK was all over Washington DC. CODE PINK demonstators were the ones thrown out of Congress yesterday when the General was speaking to Congress.
Occupation Project CODEPINK*:*Occupation Project
Dozens of Occupation Projects have sprouted around the country as local CODEPINK groups engage in sustained civil disobedience at the offices of their elected representatives to demand that troops come home now. For inspiration, see CODEPINK Florida's FOCUS ON NELSON campaign! More...

Join An Occupation

What does occupation look like?

How to Organize the Occupation Project

House Camp Out Guide

THIS IS CODE PINK.

CODE PINK targets America's wounded military: FOXNews.com - 'Code Pink' protestors target Walter Reed Medical Center - Sean Hannity | Alan Colmes | Hannity & Colmes

TheHill.com - Anti-war protesters arrested at Pelosi̢۪s office

Political Radar: Code Pink Targets Clinton

Marin Independent Journal - Code Pink's war protest jams bridge traffic

Anti-War Protests Target Wounded at Army Hospital -- 08/25/2005 (broken link)

Old 09-11-2007, 08:54 PM

116 posts, read 371,662 times
The thing that shocked me was the Portland(near where I live) march on the page "Shoot the officers", anti-Israel, anarchy and such. I know it isn't a completely liberal area and this march doesnt reflect all people from Portland. But jeez

Old 09-11-2007, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agility View Post
The thing that shocked me was the Portland(near where I live) march on the page "Shoot the officers", anti-Israel, anarchy and such. I know it isn't a completely liberal area and this march doesnt reflect all people from Portland. But jeez
I believe that there are mostly great people living in Portland.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies