Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2012, 06:25 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,368,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
While we ponder these questions, I wonder what questions that this "goat herder" is pondering as he sits in the back of a van with the bodies of dead family members?
The photo in your post here really touched me.
The man is just like you and I, with experiences, hopes, wisdom.. Every culture is precious. These people have deeper souls than our ignorant youth filled with the poison of hate that they are made to drink before starting the destruction.
How will that guilty young soldier feel one day when he sees that man? What would he tell him? What could he ever tell him??

I am convinced that the military is nothing other than the devil himself.

Peace,
brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2012, 06:26 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,299,308 times
Seems Republicans and Democrats alike are all for getting out of Afghanistan. whats the governments logic on staying?as i can see no reason whatsoever for a continued international presence in this country..

Old 03-12-2012, 06:30 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,109,663 times
Toxic PTSD. This guy was on his 4th deployment.

Old 03-12-2012, 06:35 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,386,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Toxic PTSD. This guy was on his 4th deployment.
Could be, likely is. But I'm not jumping to conclusions yet. My biggest question is, how in the hell did he get off base without notice?

Old 03-12-2012, 06:45 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,853,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Could be, likely is. But I'm not jumping to conclusions yet. My biggest question is, how in the hell did he get off base without notice?
He did get noticed by the Afghan soldier on Guard. The Guard did what he was supposed to do, report it. The Base Command did what they were supposed to do, muster all to determine who and how many went out the gate. Beyond that, in middle of the night, what else should they have done?

Old 03-12-2012, 06:46 AM

Quote:
THE SIMPLE FACT OF THE MATTER IS THAT BUSH STARTED THIS WAR. That means that it's HIS fault. I know that a lot of GOP supporters/anti-liberals bristle when people "blame Bush," but you know why people keep blaming him?

Because it's still his freakin' fault that these wars are going on.

It may not be President Obama's fault, but it is his responsibility as C.I.C.

Old 03-12-2012, 06:47 AM

Quote:

Interesting question.

Old 03-12-2012, 06:55 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,861,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post

It may not be President Obama's fault, but it is his responsibility as C.I.C.
And I am not disputing this.

I am disputing idiotic, revistionist bullcrap about how the "blame" or "fault" of this mess is absolved of the parties that started it as soon as they are no longer allowed to maintain office in this country per the constitution.

For all this talk about sissiness and lack of accountability and whatnot, I see a lot of conservatives tripping over their colons trying to act like the man that they voted into office twice had no hand in any of what's happening, or retroactively, has happened in Iraq, Afghanistan, or for that matter, with our economy.

Old 03-12-2012, 07:00 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Default Taliban vows revenge for killings

Here we go again. Bin Laden is dead..why are we still there ?

Taliban vow revenge for Afghans killed by US troop - Yahoo! News
But the attack will likely spark even greater distrust between Washington and Kabul and fuel questions in both countries about why American troops are still fighting in Afghanistan after 10 years of conflict and the killing of Osama bin Laden.
The Taliban said in a statement on their website that "sick-minded American savages" committed the "blood-soaked and inhumane crime" in Panjwai district, a rural region outside Kandahar that is the cradle of the Taliban and where coalition forces have fought for control for years.

The militant group promised the families of the victims that it would take revenge "for every single martyr with the help of Allah."

Old 03-12-2012, 07:01 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,861,688 times
Quote:
My dad was in Iraq for 1.5 years.
My uncle has been there for 7 years (!).
Neither of them ever, for any reason, left base unless they were on patrol.

FWIW, Afghani locals are reporting that it was not one soldier, but it was a group of them. This would not be the first time something like this has happened, regrettably.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies