Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2012, 02:26 PM

37 posts, read 27,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Good.

That evens things out for the outrage over the burning of the korans and the ensuing murders of Americans.

Oh, God!

0b0mba will probably give them Israel for this!

I can't wait to see this apology!
Evens things out?

The US has killed thousands of civilians in Afghanistan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2012, 02:29 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,042,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
Evens things out?

The US has killed thousands of civilians in Afghanistan.

Like I said....evening things out!

ONE American life is worth a thousand goat herders lives.

Old 03-11-2012, 02:29 PM

37 posts, read 27,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Why isn't it understandable that a soldier faced with the never-ending prospect of having the people all around him, hating him, or at least appearing to, to appease their peers and Taliban overseers, might go off the rails and want to strike out by giving them a piece of their own medicine.

Just for one moment consider being deployed to a place where the rules of engagement mean you are fair game every time you exit the base but you are supposed to be there ostensibly to provide those very same citizens the opportunity to get out from under their oppression.

Wars where everyone on the other side of the line in the sand are the enemy will be a breath of fresh air after years of these stupid "in amongst 'em without knowing who'se-who" stuff.

Quite frankly; it is my humble opinion only, subjecting your military to this type of engagement does them a major disservice and is unconscionable in the extreme. They simply deserve to be considered with more regard to their capabilities and their value as your best and brightest being wasted on these ancient, tribal, feudal and retarded societys that will simply revert to their norm the moment you leave them to their own devices.
I knew Americans would try and justify this and defend the perpetrator.

The amount of civilians killed in Afghanistan by the US surpasses the amount of Americans killed in 9/11. Yet people go on about this somehow evening things out? Are you guys crazy?

I can't say I'm surprised though. Americans in general don't care if civilians in other countrys die as a result of their actions. Americans are in general heartless ignorant beings.

Old 03-11-2012, 02:30 PM

254 posts, read 202,446 times
Why are we still in Afghanistan?

Old 03-11-2012, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
There are two things I approve of about Ron Paul. He wants to get rid of the TSA and he wants us out of the war. The rest is looneytime. I hate that for those who really want us to own up to our selves and go, there isn't anyone to *want* to vote for, just the one doing the least harm.
Yea.

A politician who actually desires to be true to his oath of office is "looney".

The new sanity is the old insanity!

Old 03-11-2012, 02:33 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
Blah blah blah. You have been bought in and sold the same line of bs most Americans have. The fact that you and dumb Americans believed in the first place that the war on terror was EVER about bringing democracy and freedom to the Afghanistan and Iraq people shows just how ignorant and child like your thinking is. THESE ARE ECONOMIC WARS!!!!!!!!!!! Based on oil, mining, argicultural hegemony. Why the hell do you think we are surrounding Iran??????? And giving Saudia Arabia $60 billion dollars worth or arms and weapons technology over the next ten years. You think the US oligarchs and bankers want a country like Iran to become independent and self sufficient. Why the hell do you think we took out Saddam who just a few years prior was shaking hands with Donald Rumsfeld and then became enemy numero uno. Bin Laden was our best friend now he's dead. LMAO! Keep drinking the kool aid and living in your little utopian dream of democracy and freedom. That is not nor has that ever really been what war is about. War is about resources. And the war on terror is exactly that. Companies like Haliburton, Monsanto, BP, etc. go in and take over entire industries and indigenous resources. Our government and our military is nothing but a kill team for big business. Paving the way for Iraqis and Afghanis and the greater middle east to adopt western consumerism. We give them freedom alright.......Freedom to choose between a coke or a pepsi!

The last thing America or the west wants is a independent, prosperous, thriving middle east. Saddam threatened US petro dollar hegemony just like Iran is doing. The bankers don't take too kindly to that!
Uuuh; where did I say I bought into that scam perpetrated by poiticians?

I was attempting to underscore the daily stuff the soldiers were fed prior and during their deployment being at complete odds with the reality they're encountering.

I happen to agree with your assessment of the circumstances that triggered Desert Storm and every incursion since.

No one gave a Rat's Patoot about the Kuwaiti's being invaded by Iraq and they sure haven't been overly visible with their appreciation by displaying any help with mediation in the region.

It is just my opinion that O'bama would guarantee an electoral win if he issued this ultimatum to Karzai: "get your house in order as we will be out of there by Friday and we've already confiscated your Swiss, Cayman, Honduran accounts to help pay reparations to all those families of servicemen killed by your corrupt leadership, y'all have a nice day".

Old 03-11-2012, 02:34 PM

1,081 posts, read 915,786 times
The afgans new what they were getting into.

Old 03-11-2012, 02:35 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,908,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheist Liberal View Post
Why are we still in Afghanistan?
that is the real question.

i am tired of obama continually apologizing for our soldiers for "war" events in afghanistan.

he seems to try to avoid all responsibility for our foreign entanglements, and would prefer to blame the soldiers for throwing them into a bad situation. of course, everybody is going to react differently.

quit apologizing, and bring the troops home.

Old 03-11-2012, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
that is the real question.

i am tired of obama continually apologizing for our soldiers for "war" events in afghanistan.

he seems to try to avoid all responsibility for our foreign entanglements.

quit apologizing, and bring the troops home.
Didn't he say that Afcrapistan was a "just" war?

He can't bring us out now, unfortunately.

Old 03-11-2012, 02:39 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
Peacetime?

Forget about South America? Noriega.. Contras.

Oh! and the Whole Cold War BS..

Drug War.

This country has to be in war, in order for income tax to be legal.

We are always at war.

The Reagan years were the last peaceful years -- we weren't bombing aspirin factories in Somalia or bombing Iraq.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies