Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2012, 04:09 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,290,033 times

Advertisements

I have kept reading posts from both sides and don't think I have seen anything nearly as near the truth about what is the cause of so much of our violence than the subject and the words in this link. I seriously think that if we control the kinds of drugs that are prescribed to control peoples' behavior we can stop much of the problem.

Now, know that this video was made long before that day in Connecticut but I do think I have read that the perp had been on some of the drugs mentioned in the link.

The TRUE SOURCE of RANDOM & MASS SHOOTINGS and VIOLENCE - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2012, 04:14 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,506,355 times
Yes this is a huge part of the problem.

IF a person on these drugs is in your household.

Eliminate any access to any weapons.

Old 12-17-2012, 04:51 PM

37,143 posts, read 42,240,055 times
I asked before, is a schizophrenic more dangerous ON MEDS or OFF? That goes for all other things that drugs are prescribed for. Which comes first...the violent thoughts or the meds?

Old 12-17-2012, 04:59 PM

819 posts, read 1,495,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I asked before, is a schizophrenic more dangerous ON MEDS or OFF? That goes for all other things that drugs are prescribed for. Which comes first...the violent thoughts or the meds?
I think the answer may be "both".

The larger issue IMHO is the deinstitutionalization of people with mental issues, also the change in the way mental illness has been diagnosed and what "categories" each condition falls into.

Granted I don't think brother bobby sitting in a rubber room with a drool cup for 50 years is a good thing either, but in order to protect the ones he may harm I could entertain that thought.

Old 12-17-2012, 05:00 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,738,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I have kept reading posts from both sides and don't think I have seen anything nearly as near the truth about what is the cause of so much of our violence than the subject and the words in this link. I seriously think that if we control the kinds of drugs that are prescribed to control peoples' behavior we can stop much of the problem.

Now, know that this video was made long before that day in Connecticut but I do think I have read that the perp had been on some of the drugs mentioned in the link.

The TRUE SOURCE of RANDOM & MASS SHOOTINGS and VIOLENCE - YouTube

people need to get off all them prescrips,!! smoke weed the all natural med. do you ever see major violence at 420 smoke outs.. pig pharma got a pill for everything.. the biggest drug pushers of them all!!!

Old 12-17-2012, 11:13 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,290,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Yes this is a huge part of the problem.

IF a person on these drugs is in your household.

Eliminate any access to any weapons.
I take a number of prescription pills daily but none of them are on the list and all of them are for physical problems not mental ones.

What was that shooter on? I don't think I ever saw just what he was taking but bet he took ritalin at one time.

Speaking of ritalin, my foster daughter was kept on that stuff all through Junior High and was a terrible kid. She refused to take the damned stuff when she got in high school and by the time she was in college was not such a nasty person. She wasn't very big but she could be vicious even when she was a junior. I watched her knock another girl, much bigger than her, clear from the 3rd lane of the track to a wall outside the track. Why? She was in my lane, which was true and they didn't really like each other as long time competitors.

Old 12-17-2012, 11:17 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,439,445 times
Read people.

Here is a well put together list of 66 violent acts in the last 20 years that are school related that will open your eyes. It will show that the problem is Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors or otherwise known as SSRI's that have been prescribed to these individuals that committed these acts. What is amazing is in the 20 years prior to the year 1992, events like we are seeing recently are practically non existent.

Look at this list of the 66 incidents and what they were found to be on.
http://ssristories.com/index.php?p=school
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies