Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 04:03 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Who knew there was gonna be a floor show this afternoon?
Different time zone, here.
I get the evening show at the same time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
HA! Now, just who is the second "conservative" man, Ms. Feminist Chielgirl?

I may have to leave. The air o'gance is getting too thick here. (cough...cough)
From your posts, I would believe that would be you, doctrain.

And, to boot, I believe someone I've twitted thinks I'm racist because I don't support Sowell.
Will wonders never cease?
Just last week I found out that I was a black lesbian.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2012, 04:08 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,783,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
One conservative man's opinion.
Your point?
Do you view history as a roadmap? Isn't it wise/prudent to use historical evidence to help guide the way we build on the future? Repeating things over and over and expecting different results is the definition of what?
When a liberal scholar spouts his intellectual nonsense, he is a visionary.
When a black professor uses historical evidence and common sense, it's reduced to an opinion from a puppet. Racist much?

Double standards from intellectually challenged ideologues. Your views mean nothing to rational people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Sowell is pretty typical of old boot strap black republicans. While progressive liberal blacks were pounding the streets and getting shot, arrested, and hung for his opportunity he was taking advantage of the opportunities and calling them fools. Now he is just an old fool himself only repected by people who don't repect black people.
By the sound of people in this thread I'd say it's the self-proclaimed tolerant ones who don't respect this man. Funny how you say one thing and push something else. Like I said above, double standards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Now watch Sowell attacked as being nuts or a white man's puppet. The Alinsky method.
Isn't it amazing that some of them couldn't resist proving you right.

Last edited by steven_h; 03-11-2012 at 04:16 PM..

Old 03-11-2012, 04:29 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,932,912 times
If this were a liberal speaker, author and professor, we would be expected to accept anything he said as fact. Meerly because he is a conservative we are expected to completely dismiss it. Anybody else see a problem with this kind of thinking?

Old 03-11-2012, 04:45 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Quote:
Whats even more amazing is that some folks are utterly lacking a sense of the absurd.
You think Thomas Sowell is absurd??? Amazing.

Old 03-11-2012, 04:50 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,983,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
You think Thomas Sowell is absurd??? Amazing.
Actually, I was speaking of some of the posters on this thread.
Like you really needed that explained to you.

Old 03-11-2012, 04:53 PM

12,954 posts, read 13,665,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post

By the sound of people in this thread I'd say it's the self-proclaimed tolerant ones who don't respect this man. Funny how you say one thing and push something else. Like I said above, double standards.

Isn't it amazing that some of them couldn't resist proving you right.
There has been a rash of black conservatives who have been at the forefront of Obama Bashers since he was elected.. As long as Barack was bumping heads with the Black Panthers in Chicago, being a good Harvard man ,editing the law review and having advisors from the Reagon camp, they thought he was going to be one of them. IMO many of them as of late are oppurtunist from the old guard who feel they are not part what is happening in mainstream black America anymore. Just like Herman Cain they are all trying to be the face of the new progressive Black politic but they spent the last fourty-years gaining their credentials and are out of pace with what African Americans expect from the Republican Party.

Old 03-11-2012, 04:54 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,527,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Now watch Sowell attacked as being nuts or a white man's puppet. The Alinsky method.
You can count on it! When the light of TRUTH is shined on the liberal mentality and especially on their current Communist president, they attack the messengers...those that brought it to them as well as those that authored it. So sophomoric, but it's all they've got when the truth is before them. (Like the latest Pravda piece, here on another thread....)

Old 03-11-2012, 04:57 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,249,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post

Just last week I found out that I was a black lesbian.
Actually, I think we ALL are.

Quote:
Like you really needed that explained to you.
Actually, I'm pretty sure he did.

Old 03-11-2012, 05:15 PM

33,547 posts, read 18,143,148 times
Sowell in this interview said these remarkable words in 2008 about what Obama was going to do. His knowledge is quite refreshing among so many untruths spoken by Barack Obama.

Obama's actions such as being openly hostile in drilling for oil and yet Obama knows the need of cheap fuel to keep our economy strong. His words do NOT match his actions on our weak economy.

Obama is the most dangerous man America has ever had as far as killing our economy.

It is the private sector that is trying to move the economy into healing , yet Obama's policies hinder its growth with regulations of coal plants, refusing to drill domestically and keeping us from becoming independent from the middle east oil.. Why should we hand over our gas dollars to countries we can not trust? Billions of dollars wasted on green energy and the American people will suffer if we go $5.00 and probably over that this year.

Carpool , mass transit or getting a job closer to home is looking like it is right around the corner if possible . The strain will be great and food of course and any necessities will increase in price to cover the higher energy bill which are shipping costs. The consumer will be the saps to pay in more ways than one. Everything we buy will be higher.

Old 03-11-2012, 05:38 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,201,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
You can count on it! When the light of TRUTH is shined on the liberal mentality and especially on their current Communist president, they attack the messengers...those that brought it to them as well as those that authored it. So sophomoric, but it's all they've got when the truth is before them. (Like the latest Pravda piece, here on another thread....)

Did you notice on that "other thread" not one liberal bothered to investigate the author of the article? All they saw was "Pravda" and in typical knee-jerk liberal reaction denounced "birthers" yet again as kooky loons. It was four pages long. I doubt if there was a single one who actually read it, let alone actually realized that it was written by a real person and didn't just pop out of a Communist self-generating propaganda machine.

As for Thomas Sowell, it is also typical of the liberal mind to dismiss him with "well, that's just one man's opinion" and to disregard that he is a well-respected scholar with a long and distinguished career.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies