Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 03:49 PM

513 posts, read 580,957 times

Advertisements

Just something I realized as I watched Al Sharptongue compare voting ID laws to Jim Crow laws, a topic for another thread. Anyway could it be because liberals know most black churches are fully owned and operated subsidiaries of the DNC? Is it because they know many black pastors are paid shills for the Democrat Party and this is exactly how they want it? All the while they attack white churches that are legitimate religious organizations and not political propaganda outlets? Whatever happened to separation of church and state? Is this not integration of church and state when the church serves as nothing more than a Democrat Party propaganda outlet? I thought liberals were all for separation of church and state. I guess not when it suits their agenda.

Last edited by BirchBarlow; 03-11-2012 at 03:56 PM.. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2012, 03:57 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirchBarlow View Post
Just something I realized as I watched Al Sharptongue compare voting ID laws to Jim Crow laws, a topic for another thread. Anyway could it be because liberals know most black churches are fully owned and operated subsidiaries of the DNC? Is it because they know many black pastors are paid shills for the Democrat Party and this is exactly how they want it? All the while they attack white churches that are legitimate religious organizations and not political propaganda outlets? Whatever happened to separation of church and state? Is this not integration of church and state when the church serves as nothing more than a Democrat Party propaganda outlet? I thought liberals were all for separation of church and state. I guess not when it suits their agenda.
Anything factual to support that allegation?

Old 03-11-2012, 03:58 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,644,862 times
I'm a big fan of the occassional sermon I hear comeing out of black churches. The last one I listened to was back when GWB was in office. The sermon was about how W was an unChristain hypocrite who will get his commeuppance in the afterlife. I don't see much to attack there. That seems pretty on point to me.

(I also thought Jermiah Wright's sermon was pretty good -- my reaction to 9/11 was pretty similar to his. Chickens coming home to roost .. aka blowback... yep.)

Old 03-11-2012, 04:00 PM

19,842 posts, read 12,102,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
I'm a big fan of the occassional sermon I hear comeing out of black churches. The last one I listened to was back when GWB was in office. The sermon was about how W was an unChristain hypocrite who will get his commeuppance in the afterlife. I don't see much to attack there. That seems pretty on point to me.

(I also thought Jermiah Wright's sermon was pretty good -- my reaction to 9/11 was pretty similar to his. Chickens coming home to roost .. aka blowback... yep.)
If I was sitting in a church and the Pastor talked about BO being an unChristian hypocrite who will get his comeuppance in the afterlife I would get up and walk out.

Last edited by shadowne; 03-11-2012 at 04:16 PM..

Old 03-11-2012, 04:03 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,833,234 times
Quote:
Is it because they know many black pastors are paid shills for the Democrat Party and this is exactly how they want it?

Old 03-11-2012, 04:04 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,863,416 times
... we attack churches?

Old 03-11-2012, 04:04 PM

45,383 posts, read 60,575,206 times
It will be interesting over the next couple of months here in MD. The Black churches are leading the petition drive to place the recently enacted Gay Marriage law on the November ballot in order to repeal it.

Old 03-11-2012, 04:06 PM

254 posts, read 202,600 times
Quote:
Anyway could it be because liberals know most black churches are fully owned and operated subsidiaries of the DNC?
Than expalin James David Manning, pastor of the ATLAH World Missionary Church, who claims Obama is Hitler.

James David Manning - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 03-11-2012, 04:22 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,863,416 times
Quote:
I think that churches in general suck, and that there's really no difference from a black church to a white church when it comes to them being propaganda outlets.

Going to church as a kid and young teen was one of the most useless and maddening experiences of my life and I harbor no love for any of them. That said, it's your right to worship however you see fit and I would always, no matter what, vote for your rights just as well as anyone else's.

Old 03-11-2012, 04:35 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,644,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
If I was sitting in a church and the Pastor talked about BO being an unChristian hypocrite who will get his comeuppance in the afterlife I would get up and walk out.
I would too. Now if it were W he was talking about, I'd shout out a big "Amen!" maybe even a "hell yeah!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies