Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2012, 10:02 AM

3,997 posts, read 4,141,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
It will suppress the MINORITY completely. This isn't about whites, this about atacking minorities. That is the only reason the GOP is pushing this law.
If you want to get technical it's more about Nationality than race/minority. I find it so hard to believe that you have such a problem with this unless you yourself are not legal. Any man or woman in this country who has the legal right to vote, would still be given the chance. Any one who voted in the last election still would have that ability. I think the man doth protest to much here though. If your saying that your candidate wouldn't win, because without proving that your legal to vote he can't... then you might as well come out and admit that he can't win without the illegal vote.

Which is it? Race aside.. If every single person illegible to vote, did. Yet every person in-illegible to vote didn't, race be damned..could your candidate win?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

3,417 posts, read 3,072,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
Why not just elimate all laws?
nope, just want to eliminate voter ID laws.

13,053 posts, read 12,948,893 times
Quote:
you are right there are many races in the GOP. if there were 100 people in the GOP, it would be 96 whites, 2 blacks, 1 mexican and 1 hispanic. The GOP is mostly white. You can be technical about it all you want, the reality is that GOP is mostly made up of white people. That arguement is pointless to me.
And this all came from... where?

Old 03-13-2012, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
And this all came from... where?
Just looking at the GOP has been constructed.

Old 03-13-2012, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
If you want to get technical it's more about Nationality than race/minority. I find it so hard to believe that you have such a problem with this unless you yourself are not legal. Any man or woman in this country who has the legal right to vote, would still be given the chance. Any one who voted in the last election still would have that ability. I think the man doth protest to much here though. If your saying that your candidate wouldn't win, because without proving that your legal to vote he can't... then you might as well come out and admit that he can't win without the illegal vote.

Which is it? Race aside.. If every single person illegible to vote, did. Yet every person in-illegible to vote didn't, race be damned..could your candidate win?
He can't win without the minority vote, but no democrat in that last 30 years could win without the minority vote. I'm not talking about illegals. That this excuse that the GOP is using, but its mostly an attack on minorities.

Old 03-13-2012, 10:06 AM

Quote:
If you want to ignore it, be my guest. nobody is making you respnd to my post. I've stated my position, this is used to suppress minorities from voting. If you believe it doesn't, that is your opinion. The GOP is using this as a racial agenda. They want to prevent minorities from being able to vote. If you believe its a racist rant, than simply ignore me. The GOP has an agenda, the liberals have an agenda. I simply acknowledge that, but you don't.
You don't have a position. All you have is an ignorant rant that isn't even remotely supported by fact.

I am simply handing you more and more rope and watching you hang yourself in this thread.

I think it would be safe to assume that your position (at least by your stated argument) is a laughing stock to people here. You think you are helping your cause, but honestly... you are greatly damaging it. The best thing you can do to help your side of the position is simply to keep silent.

You know those videos that lots of propaganda people use to generalize an entire movement with? You are that video.

Old 03-13-2012, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Just looking at the GOP has been constructed.
*hands you some more rope*

How was it constructed?

Old 03-13-2012, 10:09 AM

664 posts, read 773,496 times
National electronic voting system. Every single LEGAL citizen in this country is issued a SS# at birth, millions of Americans trust to the government to keep their income tax returns, with SS# and financial information, secure online. 1 SS#, 1 vote. Period! Simple, legal, no discriminatory. EVERY SINGLE LEGAL VOTING CITIZEN HAS A SS#. Why would anyone (Democrats) oppose this? This is 2012, get with the times. Other countries have internet voting.

The idea that it would "suppress" minorities is a crock. Unless of course, "minorities" is code word for those who are not legal citizens.

Old 03-13-2012, 10:10 AM

3,997 posts, read 4,141,865 times
Quote:
He can't win without the minority vote, but no democrat in that last 30 years could win without the minority vote. I'm not talking about illegals. That this excuse that the GOP is using, but its mostly an attack on minorities.

Answer this question... hypothetically... If the GOP candidate was a woman, Hispanic, or black... would you be fighting this so hard?

Old 03-13-2012, 10:10 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,945,761 times
We already know (http://www.truthaboutfraud.org/ - broken link)that the instances of someone trying to vote who was not eligible is infinitesimal. The number of people who will turned away from the polls because they lack ID is thousands of times higher. So, why would a state do that? The only reason is to turn those poor and minorities away, who, incidentally vote Democratic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies