Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 08:17 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
Something is very wrong with that list. Tom Leykis is the opposite of the others, or did he repent?

Worried? all the way to the bank, and if this report is true then why is it that savage, which is on radio here this very moment has a bunch of commercials, I mean oy vey.
Look at the shows on TV and radio and tell me that sposor really give a damm in the end. Someone is kiddig themselves really. Imus is back o teh air ebcause he sells and has viewers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2012, 08:26 PM

133 posts, read 76,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
If this is true, it raises the question of who actually is behind these advertisers and who are they accountable to; what do they base their investments on? Surely not ratings because it is doubtful that Limbaugh's audience would be offended by what he spoke. One could speculate that the advertising industry, like Hollywood, itself is dominated and controlled by the liberal left and special interest groups are behind the scenes pulling the strings. This concept is explained in a great book by Ben Shapiro called "Primetime Propaganda: The True Hollywood Story of How the Left Took Over Your TV." I recommend it highly. In any event, I think we will be seeing more and more supporters of truly free speech going to the Glenn Beck type of Video Network that is not dependent on the restrictions of the regular broadcasting media.
Wouldn't the advertisers be accountable to themselves? Maybe they are simply concerned that people who buy their products may stop buying them.

Old 03-12-2012, 08:27 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,996,065 times
What is funny is it only appears the severely "left handed" are offended by all this nonsense yet left handers claim they never listen to these shows. How can they be offended?? LOL

Old 03-12-2012, 08:29 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,637,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
What is funny is it only appears the severely "left handed" are offended by all this nonsense yet left handers claim they never listen to these shows. How can they be offended?? LOL
Exactly. That is why it is ridiculous to believe that sponsors would be catering to potential lefty consumers.

Old 03-12-2012, 08:29 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,942,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
They've got to latch onto ANYTHING that will divert attention away from the abysmal job Obama and his merry band of morons are doing getting the bus out of the ditch.

Old 03-12-2012, 08:38 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,226,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
Exactly. That is why it is ridiculous to believe that sponsors would be catering to potential lefty consumers.
What's your meaning? Do you think sponsors only advertise on one show? Do you think people who are offended by Rush can't know of his sponsors unless they listen to his show? Or that his (former) sponsors don't also advertise on shows that have "lefty" consumers?

Old 03-12-2012, 08:44 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,637,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
What's your meaning? Do you think sponsors only advertise on one show? Do you think people who are offended by Rush can't know of his sponsors unless they listen to his show? Or that his (former) sponsors don't also advertise on shows that have "lefty" consumers?
Sorry, I must have missed the Scooter, Living Will or Diabetes Testing commercials on Maher or Maddow.

Old 03-12-2012, 08:44 PM

52,681 posts, read 47,932,189 times
People are not going to pull away from these hosts. They're not going anywhere, and they're staying right where they are.

Old 03-12-2012, 11:07 PM

5,872 posts, read 8,090,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
Another BS leftwing nutjob piece......

Those companies didn't advertise with the listed shows anyway.

BFD.....

Duplicate thread. Use search function.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...alk-shows.html

Too funny. The notice is from the network that carries the shows. Not the shows themselves, not the mindless idiots who rant all day/night and lather themselves up w/ hate & vitriol, but the guys who airwaves they ride on.

Good luck convincing them it's just a nutjob piece that's not true and that it's not a BFD.

Old 03-12-2012, 11:22 PM

744 posts, read 811,520 times
I just don't like the trend of money being used to silence free speech, hateful or not. I think corporations should advertise based on ratings not content, I suppose it's their right to vote with their dollars but I hope it doesn't result in media personalities being afraid to say what they feel anymore than it already does. This country is PC enough as is.

Not sure why people want to punish people they disagree with, I don't. This country would be crap if everyone agreed on everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies