Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: §
Yes, it's embarassing. 27 77.14%
It's not embarassing at all and I am proud of my Southern Heritage. 8 22.86%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 12:47 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,806,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
I wonder what the percentage of Democrats is who are taken in by a phony poll. Quite high, it appears.

Why didn't this poll, conducted by a 'Democratic-affilliated' pollster, provide the numbers on Democrat Mississippians who oppose interracial marriage? They don't supply ANY numbers on Democrats. Why not? The obvious answer is that Dems would not come out looking so good either in that part of the country.
You could just say... you find this to be unbelievably high number. Yep, we could at least agree to that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2012, 12:49 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,352,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
Yes and even the 11% difference is false. The study the poster was referring to stated that only 54% of GOP voters in Mississippi believed that interracial marriage should be legal. The other 46% stated that it should either be illegal or they weren't sure. That makes the true difference more like 34%.

Not. Read more carefully before you respond to my posts, please. The numbers I cited were from the Gallup poll, not the PPP poll as you mistakenly assume. The percentages were 88 and 77 for Dems and R's respectively. 88 minus 77 equals 11.

Old 03-14-2012, 12:56 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,352,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonAreaWeatherSummary View Post
Theres a difference between democrats 'disapproving' of something and republicans wanting to recriminalize something. One is not wanting to do something yourself, the other is forcing other people not to do something.
A fair point, but unfortunately these were two different polls that chose to ask the question differently. In any case, as I point out above, the PPP poll is essentially bogus and invalid. So there isn't much point in comparing the two. As far as I'm concerned, I throw out the PPP and just focus on the results from Gallup.

Old 03-14-2012, 01:15 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,314,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim6624 View Post
More evil than rapists, murderers, pedophiles?

Wake up people, racism is here to stay. Instead of worrying about thought crimes worry about "real" crimes. Take a look at Detroit, Philadelphia, Memphis, Birmingham, East L.A., Chicago, Camden, etc. and you will find people with evil thoughts, making evil decisions.
True this does exist but with racism added into the mix the situation does not get better

Old 03-14-2012, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Oh damn, I meant hood rats!

Also, for future reference, ad hominem attacks do not help your case in any argument, they are actually detrimental to your argument.

I did not insult your intelligence, do not insult mine. Have some respect.
If you are going to insult a group of people you must be prepare to be insulted as well

Old 03-14-2012, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Where are you getting this information from? Any sources?

You can check the CIA website to find out the truth about interracial crime statistics.

And yes, I do prefer to be around my own, I find it safer and more comfortable. With that being said, I have friends/family that are Asian, Black, Hispanic, and mixed that I would go to war for.

This is what you wrote: "I'd rather have inbred racist hick neighbors than "bloods" and "crips".

I simply pointed out the fallacy in your statement, and then you get mad because I pointed it out and you just reinforced what I said with this: "And yes, I do prefer to be around my own". So whats the probelm?

Old 03-14-2012, 01:44 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,244,959 times
I find it ironic that these evil southernern rednecks liberals hate so much are at the core of the hard-working disenfranchised 99%. The elitist attitude of you liberals is beyond sickening. You are all for tolerance and diversity as long as people think like you, dress like you, and act like you.

Old 03-14-2012, 02:06 PM

1,303 posts, read 1,097,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
True this does exist but with racism added into the mix the situation does not get better
If somebody is racist, but does not harm anyone, who cares? If a racist harms another man, it should be condemned. Otherwise, the outcry about "racists" in Mississippi (black or white) is futile.

If you can prove that racist hate crimes are leading to more crime than murder, rape, pedophilia, armed robbery, burglary, etc. then I understand your outrage. If it is not, like I suspect, and these people just prefer to stick with their own kind, they SHALL NOT be placed amongst the evil cretin who infringe on the liberty of others.

The fact that many liberals feel that "thoughtcrime" is on the same level as liberty infringement (real crime) makes me question their logic and sanity.

Old 03-14-2012, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
I find it ironic that these evil southernern rednecks liberals hate so much are at the core of the hard-working disenfranchised 99%. The elitist attitude of you liberals is beyond sickening. You are all for tolerance and diversity as long as people think like you, dress like you, and act like you.
Exactly.

Are these evil Southerners forming flash mobs and causing a disproportionate amount violence in America?

I have no problem denigrating one's behavior, but it is cowardly and disgusting when people denigrate one's beliefs...unless that man is acting on his beliefs to infringe on another man's liberty.

Old 03-14-2012, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
This is what you wrote: "I'd rather have inbred racist hick neighbors than "bloods" and "crips".

I simply pointed out the fallacy in your statement, and then you get mad because I pointed it out and you just reinforced what I said with this: "And yes, I do prefer to be around my own". So whats the probelm?
What is the fallacy? The point of that statement is that racist hicks do not plague their cities with violence and destruction. I'm not sure what you are speaking of.

You failed to respond to my assertion that interracial crime statistics will tell you the truth about who is targeting who in America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies