Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 08:42 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,570,473 times

Advertisements

"It's the Economy Stupid" --- only to be used when a Republican is in office.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2012, 08:45 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,787,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
and yet YOU were blaming bush back in 08
Suddenly your a mind reader? Back under Bush I wasn't blaming him either as like I mentioned before, only an idiot would blame the president for high gas prices.
Bush and Cheney are the poster children of the Texas big oil goons, and what did we get under them? Countless lives lost in the false war in Iraq, oil companies laughing all the way to the bank, and the highest gas prices in the history of the nation.

Old 03-13-2012, 08:51 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,537,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
And you're still crying about it. Details, of course, be damned.

Oops! We forgot that it is always okay to blame Bush for everything but when Obama does exactly the same things, it is never okay to blame him.

Can you say hypocrite?

Old 03-13-2012, 08:51 AM

45,400 posts, read 26,983,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Suddenly your a mind reader? Back under Bush I wasn't blaming him either as like I mentioned before, only an idiot would blame the president for high gas prices.
Bush and Cheney are the poster children of the Texas big oil goons, and what did we get under them? Countless lives lost in the false war in Iraq, oil companies laughing all the way to the bank, and the highest gas prices in the history of the nation.
I'm confused. Are you calling yourself an idiot?

You say only an idiot would blame the president - but then you blame president Bush. What am I missing here?

Old 03-13-2012, 09:00 AM

45,400 posts, read 26,983,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Lets assume you're believable. That doesn't address the topic at hand.
Assume? I gave you the government link. The paragraph I quoted is in the summary. You only believe what fits your template regardless of the source?

It does address the topic in that there is misleading data in the myriad of graphs and tables. AND while they claim they are doing the best they can - not really when they are only going after approximately 13% of the oil that could be recovered - while at the same time spending billions and billions on unproven energy sources.

Old 03-13-2012, 09:04 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,645,937 times
Quote:
It shows quite clearly that the president has next to no influence on gas prices which is correct, anyone that blames the president for the high prices is just a misguided fool.
Sky high gas prices are a perfect example of those right wing "free markets!" "less regulations!" at work.
If you think that the comments by the secretary of energy and Obama's unwillingness to do anything about oil or that his failures in the investments of green energy don't have any impact on speculators, you are delusional. Well you are liberal so that takes care of the delusional part. But regardless, you probably blamed Bush (and still are) but think the Idiot In Chief is blameless. You should re-read all of your posts to see the inconsitencies.

Old 03-13-2012, 09:09 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,434,384 times
Quote:
oh you werent???...and I bet you will say you werent giving obama CREDIT for falling prices either....bagged..you are a liar

//www.city-data.com/forum/21030496-post10.html

--------
or do you forget this post of yours

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68
The first statement is a complete lie and I had to stop there. Gas was $3.11 a gallon when Obama was sworn into office. Gas prices were soaring under Bush, while he and his big oil cronies were laughing all the way to the bank. Remember when you couldn't give away an SUV a few years ago? Obama got the prices down a few months after getting into office from the disastrous republican administration.
for which I (workingclasshero) responded:
Quote:
you lie...but what else is new

the average gas price was 1.84 the week obama was sworn in

http://news.consumerreports.org/cars...y-26-2009.html (broken link)
-----------

or how about this:

//www.city-data.com/forum/14267102-post17.html

We have already experienced those prices a few years ago (thanks bush/cheney) Everyone was selling off their suv's

yeah right you werent blaming bush

stack'em, pack'em, and rack'em

Last edited by workingclasshero; 03-13-2012 at 09:31 AM..

Old 03-13-2012, 09:18 AM

14,293 posts, read 9,659,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Booboo tries to take credit for petrolium production? Both oil and natural gas production are down significantly on federal lands, which is the only thing the executive branch has a direct impact on. It is UP on PRIVATE lands. So overall oil production is up IN SPITE OF Obama's war on oil, not because of anything he has done.

Former Shell Oil President: New Oil Production Mainly Takes Place on Private Land | CNSNews.com
Obama has been trying to take credit for the oil being drilled now. We hear him bloviate about all the oil produced and all the new oil wells on his watch, but he fails to tell us how he had no hand in any of it.

BTW, the only reason we even need to have Obama involved in the Keystone oil pipeline is because it crosses from Canada into the US. All we need is permission from the state department to enter into the US, we do not need Obama to approve of the route thru private state lands, only where it crosses into federally owned lands.

The new oils wells being drilled are on private lands in ND, and because of the policies by Bush, Clinton, Bush. The left is fond of reminding us that if oil permits are signed today, it will be 3-5 years before we see oil produced. This is the argument the left always uses when we try and drill to lower prices and increase production.

Old 03-13-2012, 09:21 AM

11,574 posts, read 13,923,579 times
Someone just got owned.

Old 03-13-2012, 09:22 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,268,003 times
We know they have been doing everything they can for $6 gas which Obama said he wanted.
$5.69 BY ME.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies