Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 09:28 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,674,750 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
If you think that the comments by the secretary of energy and Obama's unwillingness to do anything about oil or that his failures in the investments of green energy don't have any impact on speculators, you are delusional. Well you are liberal so that takes care of the delusional part. But regardless, you probably blamed Bush (and still are) but think the Idiot In Chief is blameless. You should re-read all of your posts to see the inconsistencies.
The president's administration's policy on oil is part of what the speculation of future oil production is based upon. They can clearly see that Obama, Chu, Jackson, and Salazarare are all anti-oil, and the speculation on future oil production is partially based on this fact.

If Obama were to be reelected, oil prices would soar even higher, because the speculators know how much Obama and his admin hate oil.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2012, 09:29 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,809,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
Oops! We forgot that it is always okay to blame Bush for everything but when Obama does exactly the same things, it is never okay to blame him.

Can you say hypocrite?
A misinformed, or uninformed, argument has no legs. What part of "its in the details" do you people understand, or at least care about? It wasn't Bush's fault if the production was lacking demand. It isn't Obama's fault that production is up compared to demand and that oil is being exported. If you must dig for blaming the President, at least blame for what they could do. I blamed Bush for opposing any notion of taking a look at oil speculation being a driving force (Germany was making an attempt to organize an international effort).

Now, you may disagree with my premise that oil speculation is playing a role, but at least you would have a premise, and not arguing for the sake of arguing, or blaming like kids do. "You blamed so I'm going to do the same" can go as far, or as little, as your ability to think and act.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Assume? I gave you the government link. The paragraph I quoted is in the summary. You only believe what fits your template regardless of the source?
Link to do what? Support the idea that...
1- Production is lacking, demand is high
2- Production is matching demand
3- Production is high, demand is low

Which is it?

Old 03-13-2012, 09:34 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,594,667 times
Question hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
Everything that this administration is "a load of you-know-what," to quote the president himself. While it's true that oil production has increased that is the result of decisions made long before he became president.

If production has continued to increase under this Administration, why is the Administration to blame for the increase in prices?

Should the Administration step in and tell the "free market" to lower the price?

Are you interested in Government intervention?

Old 03-13-2012, 09:34 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,807,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I'm confused. Are you calling yourself an idiot?

You say only an idiot would blame the president - but then you blame president Bush. What am I missing here?
I know the right embraces lack of education nor the ability to understand basic reading fundamentals, but no where did I blame Bush for the reason for the high prices, but it is a fact that countless lives were lost in the false war in Iraq, big oil was making a killing, and we had the highest gas prices this nation has ever seen.

Last edited by TempesT68; 03-13-2012 at 09:44 AM..

Old 03-13-2012, 09:39 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,594,667 times
Exclamation huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Obama has been trying to take credit for the oil being drilled now. We hear him bloviate about all the oil produced and all the new oil wells on his watch, but he fails to tell us how he had no hand in any of it.

BTW, the only reason we even need to have Obama involved in the Keystone oil pipeline is because it crosses from Canada into the US. All we need is permission from the state department to enter into the US, we do not need Obama to approve of the route thru private state lands, only where it crosses into federally owned lands.

The new oils wells being drilled are on private lands in ND, and because of the policies by Bush, Clinton, Bush. The left is fond of reminding us that if oil permits are signed today, it will be 3-5 years before we see oil produced. This is the argument the left always uses when we try and drill to lower prices and increase production.
Where are you getting this stuff? What's wrong with production?

If production has continued to increase under this Administration, and over 2Billion barrels were produced in 2011, the highest level since 2003....

Should the Administration step in and tell the "free market" to lower the price?

Are you interested in Government intervention?

Old 03-13-2012, 09:40 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,807,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
oh you werent???...and I bet you will say you werent giving obama CREDIT for falling prices either....bagged..you are a liar

//www.city-data.com/forum/21030496-post10.html

--------
or do you forget this post of yours

for which I (workingclasshero) responded:
etc,..
As I mentioned before I know basic reading fundamentals are not something the far right even makes an attempt to understand, though we did have the highest gas prices under Bush than any other time in this history of the nation, that is stating a FACT, not a blame.

Though with your mindset of the president having control over gas prices and he is always the one to blame, you must have been giving Bush holy hell for the high prices under his admin correct? I'd hate to think you are a full blown hypocrite.

Old 03-13-2012, 09:56 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,943,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
hmmm

obama in 2007/8....bush is to blame for high gas prices

obama in 2012......the president (himself) has no control of gas prices

hmmm

price of gas when obama took over $1.83.....now $3.83
Got a quote for 2008? I couldn't find one where Obama blamed Bush for high gas prices.

Old 03-13-2012, 09:58 AM

1,391 posts, read 2,645,514 times
Gas prices are affected more by how much we consume rather than where the oil comes from, or our dependence on foreign oil.

Old 03-13-2012, 10:07 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,809,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Got a quote for 2008? I couldn't find one where Obama blamed Bush for high gas prices.
This is how it goes...

From a 2008 interview on CNBC:
Obama: I think that we have been slow to move in a better direction when it comes to energy usage, and the president frankly hasn’t had an energy policy. As a consequence, we’ve been consuming energy as if it’s infinite. We now know that our demand is badly outstripping supply with China and India growing as rapidly as they are.

Harwood: So, could these high prices help us?

Obama: I think that I would have preferred a gradual adjustment. The fact that this is such a shock to American pocketbooks is not a good thing. But if we take some steps to help people make the adjustment, first of all by putting more money into their pockets, but also by encouraging the market to adapt to these new circumstances more quickly, particularly U.S. automakers, then I think, ultimately, we can come out of this stronger and have a more efficient energy policy than we do right now.

An idiot's presentation of the same to the ignorant, too lazy to think on their own:
Rep Steve Scalise (R-LA): President Obama said he would prefer a gradual adjustment to near $4 a gallon gasoline. President Obama said that. And, unfortunately, the president has put policies in place that have gotten us now to $4 a gallon, or almost, in gasoline prices. We’ve seen it. It was $1.83 when he started as president; it’s over $3.70 now. So the president’s got his wish, and people are furious about it.

And then watch the masses run around with the rhetoric. It is why a President, who understands what he is talking about, and is able to present it intellectually, is the greatest enemy America can have... according to "real" Americans.

Old 03-13-2012, 10:16 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,943,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♪♫♪♪♫♫♪♥ View Post
Gas prices are affected more by how much we consume rather than where the oil comes from, or our dependence on foreign oil.
Yet, consumption is down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies