Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 01:27 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,827,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Being indifferent to homosexuality would absolutely be a cultural norm...So yes, you absolutely can be indoctrinated into homosexuality because there are plenty of people who refrain from it simply because it is frowned upon by society now...
It's celebrated in Japan. Seriously. My wife's Japanese and watches Japanese TV every day, and I can't recall a day in the last few months where there wasn't a guy in drag.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-8ZE5ci0pCu...0/IMG_3631.JPG

And you know what happened? IT TURNED ME AND MY SON TOTALLY GAY.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2012, 01:29 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
The principal resigned over this.

Old 03-15-2012, 01:30 PM

11,289 posts, read 26,182,626 times
The school did NOT bring the group in to talk about gay people. They brought them in to talk about bullying, violence, and making right decisions.

The group showed up and started their bit, and then apparently everything took a nose dive into crazyness. They didn't just sit and talk about gay people, they also told the girls that they had to remain virgins until marriage and then to be submissive to their husbands. They then put up graphic pictures of aborted fetuses. They said the average gay man dies at age 42.

Apparently everyone was horrified, children and teachers, and many of the kids left in tears - then called their parents very upset.

Obviously the school asked for its money back, parents showed up horrified and angry in droves, and now the school has issued a big apology and the principal has been fired.

This isn't indicative of Iowa in any way - they just picked a group to talk to kids about bullying without doing enough homework and it turned out awful.

Old 03-15-2012, 01:35 PM

11,289 posts, read 26,182,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Being indifferent to homosexuality would absolutely be a cultural norm...So yes, you absolutely can be indoctrinated into homosexuality because there are plenty of people who refrain from it simply because it is frowned upon by society now...
You make it sound like if people aren't out there telling you NOT to be gay, then you're just magically going to be a gay person. No one walks around choosing to be gay over being straight - you just are who you are. How many straight people wake up one day and make the big conscious decision that they're going to be attracted to the opposite sex. Like it's just a button you push.

People don't refrain from being gay. They could be a huge fan and love gay people more than anyone on earth and it will make no difference.

As if people are going to be left handed or a natural red head just because a few people like that are sitting near them and in their schools.

I don't see a reason not to at least mention to children that gay people exist. It's going to do nothing to them.

Old 03-15-2012, 01:43 PM

1,081 posts, read 915,786 times
Who cares? All these people claiming homosexuality is such a natural and normal thing, I'm sure nature will still take its course, right? I mean, after all, the advocates claim animals do it too so it must be ok.
Animals eat their young also...

Old 03-15-2012, 02:12 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,095,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyBaaBaa View Post
Who cares? All these people claiming homosexuality is such a natural and normal thing, I'm sure nature will still take its course, right? I mean, after all, the advocates claim animals do it too so it must be ok.
Animals eat their young also...
Clearly you don't care.

I for one care very much. Gay people - especially gay youth - are subject to immense amount of abuse in this country (thank God this is starting to change). I care very much when hateful, bigoted, homophobes go into the public schools to tell gay kids that they chose their homosexuality, that they are immoral and evil, and that they're going to live a miserable short life because of it.

Is it really of little wonder why gay kids drop out of school, end up on the streets, turn to self-destructive behaviors like drug and alcohol abuse, and kill themselves at much higher rates than their heterosexual peers?

Old 03-15-2012, 02:22 PM

1,081 posts, read 915,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Clearly you don't care.

I for one care very much. Gay people - especially gay youth - are subject to immense amount of abuse in this country (thank God this is starting to change). I care very much when hateful, bigoted, homophobes go into the public schools to tell gay kids that they chose their homosexuality, that they are immoral and evil, and that they're going to live a miserable short life because of it.

Is it really of little wonder why gay kids drop out of school, end up on the streets, turn to self-destructive behaviors like drug and alcohol abuse, and kill themselves at much higher rates than their heterosexual peers?
Maybe its because they're wired wrong.

Old 03-15-2012, 02:25 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,827,481 times
Tom Hanks changed my life. Go, go indoctrination generation.

Bosom Buddies Opening - YouTube

Old 03-15-2012, 02:31 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,095,708 times
Quote:
Do you think that's also why black kids in America face the same problems?

Old 03-15-2012, 02:40 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,767,786 times
Quote:
More likely, homophobes are wired wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies