Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 05:29 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,514,296 times

Advertisements

Well Joe bidden says being vice-president if the easiest job of all. He just shows up is all I can see and when he does open his mouth he usually puts his foot in it.

Why no talk about being one breath away with old Joe?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2012, 05:36 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,938,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Palin is still relevant. Funny when people say she was a flash in the pan and horrible. Look at how she is lasting with the public and they want to see more all the time.

My impression during the campaign was she was McCain's attack dog while he stayed back and soft peddled in case he lost, which he did. He said he had to go back to the senate and work with the other side. She took the heat for him and they let her get buried. Shame on the McCain people.

So now we know what Palin was saying about Obama was right on. Radical friends and more radical friends even appointed to government agencies now. Hopefully when the Republican candidate talks about it this time people will know it is true and listen.
A woman too weak and incompetent to even continue being governor of a thinly populated state may be relevant to you, but she's a joke to Americans who are not married to their cousins.

Old 03-14-2012, 05:40 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,514,296 times
Not just me. Anything she says seems to make the news. Not my idea but it gets coverage.

Old 03-14-2012, 05:58 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
A woman too weak and incompetent to even continue being governor of a thinly populated state ...

Congratulations on being perhaps the millionth person to post this. And people say that liberals tend to be the 'creative class.' I wish they would create some new memes for themselves.

Anyway this one is discredited. See posts 16 and 17 in this thread:
//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...-vs-you-2.html

Old 03-14-2012, 06:04 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times
I read the book but did not watch the movie. I found the book to be very good and well written, EXCEPT for the section on Palin, which is only about 22 pages out of a 436 page book.

The chapter on Palin, I just didn't find believable. They have her going into catatonic trances, when she's not acting over-the-top ADD. Throw in the fact that there was obviously a feud between Palin and the campaign staffers, from whom the writers probably got most of the material, and it's not credible to me. The Sarah Palin they portray could not possibly have accomplished what the real Sarah Palin has.

And it sounds like the makers of the movie decided to focus on that segment of the book. Figures.

Old 03-14-2012, 06:59 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,505,887 times
Game Change was great...It depicted the launch of Sarah Palin's career as a conservative mouthpiece and reality show bobble head. We didn't really need to see a movie to know she was/is a total moron. I did learn that she acts like a bitchy little teenage girl when she doesn't get her way. We're all fortunate that McPalin didn't win. An old warmonger and a bottomless idiot would not have been a good duo at the top of the government.

Old 03-14-2012, 07:07 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
Quote:
The chapter on Palin, I just didn't find believable. They have her going into catatonic trances, when she's not acting over-the-top ADD. Throw in the fact that there was obviously a feud between Palin and the campaign staffers, from whom the writers probably got most of the material, and it's not credible to me. The Sarah Palin they portray could not possibly have accomplished what the real Sarah Palin has.
The movie didn't do any such thing. It was completely believable and actually showed what would happen average jane/joe was tapped for the VP position. Most people DON'T know much more about politics or foreign policy than Palin did. That's why average jane/joes usually don't get elected.

Her mistake was saying yes to being co captain of the football team when she was really only qualified to be head cheerleader.

Old 03-14-2012, 07:08 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Not just me. Anything she says seems to make the news. Not my idea but it gets coverage.
...just like Lindsay Lohan...both unworthy of celebrity and just as inconsequential.

Old 03-14-2012, 07:53 PM

613 posts, read 759,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
The movie didn't do any such thing. It was completely believable and actually showed what would happen average jane/joe was tapped for the VP position. Most people DON'T know much more about politics or foreign policy than Palin did. That's why average jane/joes usually don't get elected.

Her mistake was saying yes to being co captain of the football team when she was really only qualified to be head cheerleader.
Let's be real, she knows less about politics and foreign policy than the average Joe, this is why she is so funny.

Old 03-14-2012, 08:30 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,938,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Congratulations on being perhaps the millionth person to post this. And people say that liberals tend to be the 'creative class.' I wish they would create some new memes for themselves.

Anyway this one is discredited. See posts 16 and 17 in this thread:
//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...-vs-you-2.html
How is anything I said "discredited"? Her resigning the governorship in the middle of her term is not a figment of my imagination, it happened in July 2009. If she's such a delicate little flower that she can't handle being a governor and serving out her term, how would she handle wars and crises on a national scale? Conservatives' lack of logic is appalling, she couldn't handle being governor, don't make ridiculous asinine excuses saying it was justified or that it was anything other than a cop out, makes you sound like either a right wing shilling phony or a mental defective who can't put 2 and 2 together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies