Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 08:40 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,355,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
How is anything I said "discredited"? Her resigning the governorship in the middle of her term is not a figment of my imagination, it happened in July 2009. If she's such a delicate little flower that she can't handle being a governor and serving out her term, how would she handle wars and crises on a national scale? Conservatives' lack of logic is appalling, she couldn't handle being governor, don't make ridiculous asinine excuses saying it was justified or that it was anything other than a cop out, makes you sound like either a right wing shilling phony or a mental defective who can't put 2 and 2 together.
She did resign, but not because she could not "handle it." She had reasonable cause to think it was the best course of action at the time. See the link & posts I referenced. You'll find the answers there.

Doubtless you won't look; you're too busy thinking of follow up insults. I don't know how you'll top 'right wing shilling phony or a mental defective,' however.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2012, 08:55 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,251,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
She did resign, but not because she could not "handle it." She had reasonable cause to think it was the best course of action at the time. See the link & posts I referenced. You'll find the answers there.
She quit because she had "reasonable cause" to think she could make more money being an idiot shill on Fox and because she knew she could get things like a family vacation bought and paid for by the donators to Sarah Pac.

And she quit because she didn't want to stay in Alaska, where being governor would keep her close to the state and out of the national spotlight that she so desperately craves.

Don't let that rambling nonsensical speech about only dead fish swimming upstream fool you. She's a quitter, with a little bit of con artist thrown in. And anyone who has donated to Sarah Pac got scammed big time.

I sure hope YOU weren't dumb enough to donate.

Old 03-14-2012, 09:16 PM

613 posts, read 759,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post

Doubtless you won't look; you're too busy thinking of follow up insults. I don't know how you'll top 'right wing shilling phony or a mental defective,' however.
I'm sorry, but she actually quit because she could not handle the position. She was way over her head and her people told her that if she remained in power even her fanatical worshipers would begin to realize that she did not know what she was doing. If this occurred, Fox News probably would not be willing to pay her to repeat a bunch of buzz words.

Old 03-14-2012, 09:23 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,411,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
The main character in the movie, McCain's central campaign adviser, validated the story. Personally I didn't see it as a slam on Palin at all. Some people don't like the truth, that the woman they cheered on was woefully under-qualified for the Veep spot, and that's the real issue here. She was out of her league without a doubt. I think both the book and the movie did a good job of showing how she struggled with the process.

I did find the book much better however as it explored both camps, not just McCain/Palin like the movie did.
McCain didn't validate the story. Why should we believe the central campaign adviser (now looking to be a political commentator on the teevee), over McCain?

Old 03-14-2012, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredsnowman View Post
I'm sorry, but she actually quit because she could not handle the position. She was way over her head and her people told her that if she remained in power even her fanatical worshipers would begin to realize that she did not know what she was doing. If this occurred, Fox News probably would not be willing to pay her to repeat a bunch of buzz words.
Your opinion. I think she quit because she was tired of having to spend money to defend BS lawsuits.

Old 03-14-2012, 09:44 PM

3,045 posts, read 3,192,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
'Game Change' Ratings Bust: Less than Half of 'Sarah Palin's Alaska' Debut

HBO's anti-Sarah Palin film "Game Change" scored some pretty impressive ratings over the weekend - 2.1 million viewers, according to numbers released today.

But while the cable network may be tempted to spike the football, it might want to do some digging on some other Palin-related data first.
TLC's "Sarah Palin's Alaska" debuted in 2010 to five million viewers, more than double the HBO figure. Now, TLC isn't a pay channel like HBO, but the tally still undermines the narrative that audiences were clamoring to see a Palin takedown.
Plus, while HBO's film got almost universally glowing reviews and all the media attention a title could muster, the TLC reality show debuted on a much less well known outlet sans universally positive press.
Anti-Sarah Palin? It showed her as herself. I guess you must dislike her a lot if you feel that's anti-Palin.

The show seemed pretty fair. They played her up for what she is, showed her strong points and weak points and seemed to do a good job of showing the campaign. The thing definitely wasn't one sided. They played up her ability to bring out massive crowds, raise tons of money and excite the crazies amongst the conservatives in the country.

Quote:
Your opinion. I think she quit because she was tired of having to spend money to defend BS lawsuits.
Ms. Palin has lots of money. There were no BS lawsuits, just lawsuits. Put away your emotions.

Old 03-14-2012, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
Anti-Sarah Palin? It showed her as herself. I guess you must dislike her a lot if you feel that's anti-Palin.

The show seemed pretty fair. They played her up for what she is, showed her strong points and weak points and seemed to do a good job of showing the campaign. The thing definitely wasn't one sided. They played up her ability to bring out massive crowds, raise tons of money and excite the crazies amongst the conservatives in the country.

Ms. Palin has lots of money. There were no BS lawsuits, just lawsuits. Put away your emotions.
Alaskan taxpayer dollars were footing much of the bills. Put away your emotions and educate yourself.

Old 03-14-2012, 09:49 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,576,379 times
Ah the cult of celebrity, ain't it great????

I really don't think there is anywhere else in the world where there are so many people who are famous for nothing like in the good old USA. In addition to that, the country is also very kind to snake oil salesmen, hucksters of every type known to man, crooked evangalists, con men extrondinare and litterally hundreds of thousands of very undesirable famous persons.

There is just something about Americans that permits those who are lower than an earthworm's belly to screw them over and over again. If you are a major failure like Sara it really doesn't matter at all. For some reason your opinion still carries weight even after you have been proven to be the ultimate lightweight over and over again.

You may not believe this but in my country we treat losers like losers. "Why would we care what you think??? You are a loser!!!" In the USA in comparison thousands lose their way to the very top. If you would weed out the losers you would avoid things like, Richard M Nixon, G W Bush, Warren Harding and so many others. How about Newt???? The ultimate loser. Kicked out of the speakers chair, fails in business over and over again and leaves his partners to pick up the pieces and the $$$ loses. Two failed marriages and more. Yet the guy thinks he's God's gift to the people and many agree with that. It's just mind blowing I tell ya.

So then we have old Sara. I don't think she is a bad person by any means but she is just so very ordinary. I'll bet that at any peewee hockey game I could find numerous hockey moms who are smarter and more qualified for political office than she is. She is just another prime example of that American trend of someone who has failed her way to the top.

Old 03-14-2012, 09:51 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,574,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
'Game Change' Ratings Bust: Less than Half of 'Sarah Palin's Alaska' Debut

HBO's anti-Sarah Palin film "Game Change" scored some pretty impressive ratings over the weekend - 2.1 million viewers, according to numbers released today.

But while the cable network may be tempted to spike the football, it might want to do some digging on some other Palin-related data first.
TLC's "Sarah Palin's Alaska" debuted in 2010 to five million viewers, more than double the HBO figure. Now, TLC isn't a pay channel like HBO, but the tally still undermines the narrative that audiences were clamoring to see a Palin takedown.
Plus, while HBO's film got almost universally glowing reviews and all the media attention a title could muster, the TLC reality show debuted on a much less well known outlet sans universally positive press.
i will never see that movie, nice to see Obama thinks he is still running against her though! what a smart President we have!!!

Old 03-14-2012, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gysmo View Post
i will never see that movie, nice to see Obama thinks he is still running against her though! what a smart President we have!!!
One has to wonder why the left so fervently seeks to smear someone not even running for office. I would think they would spend time and money smearing Mitt Romney. Things that make you go hmmmmm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies