Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2012, 01:34 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,285,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
There's a lot of strange or missing information about this. His reason for targeting the kid is highly suspicious. I think according to Zimmerman, the kid was "walking slowly in the rain and wearing a hoody?" WTF?

And also the fact that he called a non-emergency hotline to report suspicious behavior. Again, who does that? Normally just about anyone would call 911 if they really felt something was going on.

But one thing I will say--even though he was told to stand down and not approach the kid, why did the police even feel that his call warranted further assessment by the police? The release of the recording will be critical here.
His calling the non-emergency hotline is actually what he was supposed to do. A "suspicious person" who is not actively committing a crime is not an emergency, and Neighborhood Watch groups are given a special number to use. The police will normally respond to NW calls reasonably quickly.

Old 03-14-2012, 01:38 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
I agree Z initiated contact but we do not have any information he also created the conflict. I am not minding any media reports unless they explicitly cite the Police who are still reserved on this topic.
I think it is quite logical to presume that Zimmermans "contact" was confrontational especially considering his reported statements to the police regarding "a**holes always getting away."

I have serious doubts that Harris just decided to punch Zimmerman just for, let's say, asking what he was doing in the neighborhood which I also feel is exceedingly confrontational when such a question is addressed to any African American who is lawfully just minding his own business.

I also have little doubt that if and when Harris demonstrated any hostility towards Zimmerman's questions that Zimmerman would have had ample opportunity to deescalate a confrontation with a 140lbs teen ager when you weigh in at 240+/- lbs by just walking away, something that every person armed and holding a concealed weapons permit should have enough sense to do.

Finally, in the days of my youth I was involved in a fair number of street, bar and other kinds of physical confrontations and I don't recall a single instance where a punch was thrown by, me or anyone else, without some preliminary round of macho posturing which always gives both parties more than enough time to just walk away.

Since I no longer possess the same level of street fighting skills that I once had; have gained that wisdom that comes with age, and a pistol in pocket more often than not, I have found an incredible capacity to ignore any and all insults and slights to my manhood. To do otherwise could lead to an unfortunate series of escalating events that would result in someone going to the morgue or a grand jury. So as a gun carrier who would rather avoid either outcome, I just say I am sorry for whatever offended someone and go about my business.

Personally, I think that every gun owner should take that approach. Relying on the mentality of "castle doctrine" instead of Jesus's admonition of just turing the other cheek is a foolish mindset as I hope Zimmerman will be forced to realize.

Old 03-14-2012, 01:40 PM

8,087 posts, read 9,841,048 times
^^I agree Z acted foolishly. I find it hard to believe a neighborhood watch capt. would be carrying a firearm. His entire conduct is impossible to fathom but does not mean he intended to even brandish his firearm. As I wrote we do not reliably know what happened from when he left his car to when the police arrived. Everything within that time period is conjecture.

Last edited by Felix C; 03-14-2012 at 02:02 PM..

Old 03-14-2012, 01:40 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,532,697 times
Quote:
We do not know he started a fight. You can always defend yourself if your life is in danger.

And as I wrote above you are a typical crazy ****** jumping to conclusions against whitey.
You just want to justify this murder. So he got out and approached but he didn't start it? Thats stupid. He started it when he got out. I counted the stars in your name calling. Didn't surprise me at all.

Old 03-14-2012, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
You just want to justify this murder. So he got out and approached but he didn't start it? Thats stupid. He started it when he got out. I counted the stars in your name calling. Didn't surprise me at all.
Again wrong and jumping to conclusions.

Only in your world.

As for the remainder....You earned it based on your conduct. Enjoy your rewards.

Old 03-14-2012, 02:02 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,598,235 times
According to the police report, Zimmerman, who was armed with a handgun, was found bleeding from the nose and the back of the head, standing over Martin, who was unresponsive after being shot.
..clip from the OP's article.

wrongful death and negligence by Zimmerman. Police dispatch told him to remain in his vehicle.

Old 03-14-2012, 02:05 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,532,697 times
Quote:
Again wrong and jumping to conclusions.

Only in your world.

As for the remainder....You earned it based on your conduct. Enjoy your rewards.
Nope your own words tell the story. It amazes me that anyone could see an innocent person just walking along that ends up dead at the hands of someone who decided to jump out and question them is at fault for their death. There is only one way someone could look at this and blame the kid.

Old 03-14-2012, 02:07 PM

^^Again only in your twisted world.

The police/attorney's office will decide if criminal action ensued. No one alive knows what happened except for Zimmerman.

Old 03-14-2012, 02:10 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,853,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Because Zimmerman is a punk with no skills except when he is carrying a gun.
He managed to enrage a couple million mouth breathers with a single bullet, he's got at least one skill.

Old 03-14-2012, 02:25 PM

78,417 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
^^I agree Z acted foolishly. I find it hard to believe a neighborhood watch capt. would be carrying a firearm. His entire conduct is impossible to fathom but does not mean he intended to even brandish his firearm. As I wrote we do not reliably know what happened from when he left his car to when the police arrived. Everything within that time period is conjecture.
You do realize that if I approach you and call you names and you pop me in the mouth....I still can't just shoot you right?

Zimmerman confronted the youth and something led to an altercation where apparantly Zimmeran got the adrenelin pumping and unable to control the kid shot him instead. (He probably got scared)

You cannot roam about confronting strangers in your neighborhood and then shoot them when a fight breaks out. This is basic basic stuff.

Just look at all the manslaughter charges filed because two guys get in a bar fight and one falls and cracks his head open....let alone if one shoots the other whom is unarmed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies