Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2012, 12:23 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,850,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
I don't think Trayvon ran for his life. I also don't think he was afraid for his life (prior to the confrontation). I think instead that he noticed Zimmerman following him and he picked up his pace and probably cut through houses to ditch him. He could easily be caught if Zimmerman chose to run after him.
How convenient, now your thinking has changed to justify the new information that we have.

Old 03-19-2012, 12:23 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,208,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tworent View Post
Sounds like the kid was a racist to me how dare you question me for being here it must be because I am black!!!!!!!
I hope this is sarcasm.

Old 03-19-2012, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
How convenient, now your thinking has changed to justify the new information that we have.
Really? Can you point to where I said that I believe Trayvon ran/was scared for his life?

Old 03-19-2012, 12:25 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,948,625 times
Quote:
We don't know that Zimmerman was "pursuing" him, we know that he was following him. He's the neighborhood watch captain, maybe he wanted to keep an eye on the guy until the police arrived but ended up in a confrontation with him instead. We don't know, hell if Trayvon was threatened by Zimmerman why did he stick around to confront and eventually fight him?
Maybe he should have stayed in the car. Trayvon did not stick around, he ran from him. Either way, he should have been arrested. I think that is the point here. Why hasn't he been charged? If this were your child, would you be okay with this?

Old 03-19-2012, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Anyone can pose a threat, I don't think that is the point. However, I am more inclined that Trayvon felt more threatened by Zimmerman than Zimmerman felt by Trayvon. If Zimmerman felt threatened, why would he get out of his vehicle and pursue him on foot? How would you feel if some guy was following you in a car, then got out and started chasing you when you ran?
I'm getting the impression that some folks here think Zimmerman's actions were justified because Trayvon ran (if he even did run). I mean, why run if you are innocent, right? What these folks are failing to realize is that this is a young teen, in a (presumably) strange/new neighborhood and you have some guy following you. What normal/rational/survivalist wouldn't run?

Old 03-19-2012, 12:28 PM

1,715 posts, read 4,776,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Those are the questions Zimmerman needs to answer, which is what several people in this thread have pointed out.

Why did you get out the car?
Why did you follow him?
How did the two of you end up in a struggle?

Of course at this point, there's only one side of the story that will be told so then the law will have to decide how plausible his version is.
1 He Got out of the car to gett the address of the club house for the 911 operator
2 He followed him so he could tell the police were he was
3 GZ was attacked

Sounds like the kid got pissed off because GZ was following him And got a type of road rage.

Old 03-19-2012, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Maybe he should have stayed in the car. Trayvon did not stick around, he ran from him. Either way, he should have been arrested. I think that is the point here. Why hasn't he been charged? If this were your child, would you be okay with this?
Maybe he should have stayed in the car, that's besides the point because that didn't happen did it? These "your child" scenarios also have nothing to do with this, we're trying to talk about facts remember?

I don't know why he hasn't been charged, I'm not an investigator on this case.

Old 03-19-2012, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
I'm getting the impression that some folks here think Zimmerman's actions were justified because Trayvon ran (if he even did run). I mean, why run if you are innocent, right? What these folks are failing to realize is that this is a young teen, in a (presumably) strange/new neighborhood and you have some guy following you. What normal/rational/survivalist wouldn't run?
Like who? Me?

Old 03-19-2012, 12:32 PM

1,300 posts, read 1,492,939 times
Actually, the "your child" scenarios make perfect sense as they highlight the manner in which a normal person would respond in a similar situation.

~ButterBrownBiscuit~

Quote:
Maybe he should have stayed in the car, that's besides the point because that didn't happen did it? These "your child" scenarios also have nothing to do with this, we're trying to talk about facts remember?

I don't know why he hasn't been charged, I'm not an investigator on this case.

Old 03-19-2012, 12:34 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,251,589 times
Quote:
Regardless of the situation a civil suit was coming his way, the 17 year old could have been found with a gun and 4 knives and his family would still sue.
And you know that.......how?

You wouldn't be doing a little "profiling" of your own, would you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies