Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2012, 04:33 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,305,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2008 View Post
Latino is not a race. He is white. If that is all you are in this thread to argue about I take it you will go away now?

Wrong again. I am here to teach you the correct fact about this mans race. He is not white as you want him to be.

It is a sad thing that happened but lets not get race involved and do the blame game until you have the facts correct, which you do not.

Let get the facts correct. Have you taken the time to look at his picture and his facts or are you one of those who want him to be a white person so you can go on another meaningless rant.

Zimmerman has a Hispanic father. And grew up in a multi race family.

"White. A person having origins in any of the original peoples of Europe, the Middle East, or North Africa. It includes people who indicate their race as "White" or report entries such as Irish, German, Scottish, Italian, Lebanese, Near Easterner, Arab, or Polish."[12]

Race and ethnicity in the United States Census - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Some other race. Includes all other responses not included in the 'White', 'Black or African American', 'American Indian and Alaska Native', 'Asian' and 'Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander' race categories described above. Respondents providing write-in entries such as multiracial, mixed, interracial, We-Sort, or a Hispanic/Latino group (for example, Mexican, Puerto Rican, or Cuban) in the "Some other race" category are included here."[12]
  • "Two or more races. People may have chosen to provide two or more races either by checking two or more race response check boxes, by providing multiple write-in responses, or by some combination of check boxes and write-in responses."[12]

Barrack Hussein Obama has a black father and a white mother, most believe he is a black person, but in this case Zimmerman has a Hispanic ( not white ) father so it is now different?

Which way to you want this to be? You cannot have it both ways.

Lots of questions-

Why on earth would a person where a hoodie over their head in 85 degree temps is beyond me.

Why would Zimmerman be armed?

Why did Zimmerman end up with a bloody face?

The local people are having a hard enough time with this and the media and racist are making matters worse by making this a race issue when it is not a race issue at all.

Old 03-19-2012, 04:39 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,851,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
From what I have heard so far, Zimmerman had been in trouble before. Why he is not in Police custudy is amazing. What a private citizen would be doing chasing down a kid who was just walking is beyond me. If that was my son who was killed by this loose cannon I'd be hunting him down.
I rest my case.

Old 03-19-2012, 04:42 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,851,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterBrownBiscuit View Post
Why is it that of all the "millions" of scenarios that you've come up involve Trayvon being the aggressor?

~ButterBrownBiscuit~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Why would I need to do that, every scenario that has Zimmerman instigating this confrontation has been covered about a thousand times already by those who want him shot by firing squad on Friday in downtown Orlando. There are plenty scenarios putting either side at fault, some putting both sides partially at fault. I don't know which one is true any more than you do, the difference is I'm honest enough to admit that I don't know while many here are running full steam ahead with their ideas claiming that they're "facts".
Learn to read.

Old 03-19-2012, 04:43 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,253,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
Once again you don't get it! Maybe the block captain had no right to approach, but it seems many young black kid's seem to have a chip on there shoulder when asked a question, why is this? Maybe the kid got defensive when asked why he was where he shouldn't have been and if so, it may have escalated the situation. Survival 101, shut up and be polite.
In other words, don't get uppity!

Yeah, I think we all "get it."

Old 03-19-2012, 04:46 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,697,144 times
Quote:
I rest my case.
I think its completely normal to want to avenge the killing of your child with an equal amount of force.

Old 03-19-2012, 04:48 PM

378 posts, read 704,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days-in-Florida View Post

Why on earth would a person where a hoodie over their head in 85 degree temps is beyond me.

It was raining that night. Why WOULDN'T he be wearing a hoodie? Many people wear hoodies when it is raining rather than carry an umbrella - I being one of them.

Old 03-19-2012, 04:51 PM

1,300 posts, read 1,493,107 times
BS, it should be obvious to you that I asked my question prior to reading your response.

~ButterBrownBiscuit~

Quote:
Learn to read.

Old 03-19-2012, 04:56 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,214,700 times
I saw the segment this morning on am show and heard the 911 call where the kid is screaming for help repeatedly. This guy's 911 call prior to his confronting and shooting this kid had him talking about following him, the caller sounded loopy....This guy was told not to follow this kid, by the 911 operator. the guy was following the young man while driving. That in itself is scarey.....If my kid was followed I'd be mad enough. I cannot believe this nut case took it further.
This story is so sad, so tragic, the kid had an ice tea and a bag of skittles after walking home from store..where he had walked to get a snack..Such a senseless killing of a young man. I am so sad for the parents.
They probably have the segment online by now...Good Morning America, Robin Roberts

Old 03-19-2012, 04:58 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,386,012 times
That boy yelled help before he was shot.

First degree murder, I think.

Old 03-19-2012, 05:04 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,634,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepchic View Post
It was raining that night. Why WOULDN'T he be wearing a hoodie? Many people wear hoodies when it is raining rather than carry an umbrella - I being one of them.
It also wasn't anywhere near 85 degrees. While FL had a warmer winter than normal it was not 85 degrees on Feb 26th.

The weather NOW is just starting to see temps in the mid 80s.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies