Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2012, 03:17 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,248,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
I'm not a treehugger. The eagle thing is particularly bothersome because:
1. It is the national bird

Sheeesh......what would you eat for Thanksgiving if Ben Franklin had gotten his way and the TURKEY had been named the national bird? Maybe, all these years, we would have been eating Bald eagles with stuffing and cranberry sauce and pumpkin instead, 'eh?

2. The religious reason is so hypocritical in light of the recent attack on the Catholic religion

Pssst.....there has been no attack on the Catholic religion. Quit listening to Fox.

3. The liberals that fight developments to save a snail are okay with Obama allowing Bald Eagles to be shot. They are zombies.

Huh????

4. There has been such a long term effort to keep them from extinction but now it is okay to kill them.

Yes, I am sure by allowing TWO Bald eagles to be killed, the whole species will be thrown back into the throes of near extinction.
Hey, I am as big an animal lover as you will ever come across (and I have the critters to prove it), but even I see this as a non-issue.

Besides, I would be more concerned about a presidential candidate who thinks it's ok to strap a dog to the roof of a car for a 12-hour road trip than the fact that TWO Bald eagles are going to be killed for religious purposes. I'm sure those eagles will suffer far less than poor Seamus did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2012, 03:18 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,739,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Really?

Allowing native peoples to kill two Eagles for religious purposes is bad because?
Because we had a hard time bringing them back from the brink...I am sick of these barbaric "religions" and their outdated rituals. These are the people of the earth...yeah right. Where are the animal rights warriors on this one? PETA...hello? Those beautiful birds, what a pity. Oh on another note regarding the people of the earth...I have one of the puppies that you so thoughtlessly tossed on a snow covered road up in norther AZ a year ago to die along with his litter mates...he is fine now and very happy.

Old 03-14-2012, 03:18 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,843,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Hey, I am as big an animal lover as you will ever come across (and I have the critters to prove it), but even I see this as a non-issue.
It really is a NON-ISSUE but here in America... non issues are sooooo important!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-14-2012, 03:19 PM

2,409 posts, read 3,040,157 times
I'd like to know why Native Americans in this day and age feel the need to carry out actually killing a bald Eagle. I mean it's not like their religion has really done them any good anyways with alcoholism and gambling national past times for most of them. Believing that killing some beautiful creature like a bald Eagle to satisfy some outdated and insignificant religious beliefs. So go ahead kill all the bald Eagles you want. Won't change anything lol.

Old 03-14-2012, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Funk View Post
rikoshaprl !!! ... Kudos to you for providing this thread

Indeed ..... "America's Proud and Patriotic Citizens" had damn well better wake up and vote this "Mess" out of the "Ole Yankee WH" before there is nothing left of the "Greatness" regarding the America we dearly love !

The Majectic Bald Eagle ! .......... What kind of a pathetic of a pea brain would even think of harming these magnificent creatures ?
How absolutely pitiful the WH crew truly is !

Cheers ! ......... OLD SGT.<<>>> LAMAR !
I remember the first time I saw one in the wild 10 years ago in N. CA. It was swooping down to catch a trout. The most fantastic sight I had seen in my life. They are precious. Time for the American Indian to join the new millinium and can the ritual bs.

Old 03-14-2012, 03:22 PM

2,409 posts, read 3,040,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post

Besides, I would be more concerned about a presidential candidate who thinks it's ok to strap a dog to the roof of a car for a 12-hour road trip than the fact that TWO Bald eagles are going to be killed for religious purposes. I'm sure those eagles will suffer far less than poor Seamus did.

So what? I love people like you. Just because you're an "animal lover" and have a pack full of "critters" you some how understand the delicate balance that exists in nature and planetary ecosystems? Animals should be left in the wild with as little intrusion by man as possible. I suppose because you go to zoos you must be informed as well right?

19,890 posts, read 18,744,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
It really is a NON-ISSUE but here in America... non issues are sooooo important!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The issue is the stupidity of this administration. It allows Bald Eagles to be killed yet causes a drought in California to protect a fish. Go figure.

11,446 posts, read 16,179,092 times
America needs more kill-crazed nitwits with guns. There's plenty of critters out there. Don't be a wussie! Get out there and kill something...to prove your manhood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Grasping at straws, I see.
Straws? Really? Were you one of the outraged when Mitt Romney strapped a dog (in a crate) to the top of his car? These birds are far more sacred in my opinion. You are all so pathetic with your blind devotion to this president.

Old 03-14-2012, 03:29 PM

68,326 posts, read 54,344,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Everyone has pretty much gave up on you. You don't breed do you?
In other words, you're just another whiner who cries "war on religion" but can't name specifics, eh?

You don't think, do you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies