Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2012, 04:50 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
It's being done in Mass. with their healthcare.

The first year fine for not having insurance is $95. Is there any plan out there for less than $95/year ?
If something happens where you need care, you best believe there would be great costs to you, as well as the rest of us, who would pay for what you wouldn't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2012, 06:56 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
If something happens where you need care, you best believe there would be great costs to you, as well as the rest of us, who would pay for what you wouldn't.
Why everyone else would via higher premiums.

Old 03-18-2012, 11:42 AM

2,240 posts, read 1,386,349 times
More from Washington Examiner via Real Politics:

Now comes CBO saying that a computer model used by it and the Joint Committee on Taxation to project the impact of changes in federal health care policy could result in as many as 20 million Americans losing the insurance they currently have through their employers. A more likely outcome, according to CBO, would be only 5 million people losing their present coverage. But whether the actual total proves to be 20 million or 5 million or some figure in between, such losses undermine Obama's credibility with large numbers of people who were previously willing to give him the benefit of the doubt

Old 03-18-2012, 11:51 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Why do you expect the government to spend more than you paid into the system? Personally, as I've repeated in the past, I wish people like you were given an inflation adjusted contribution (whatever you put into the system, if at all), and told "you're on your own now".
Actually I believe that you don't understand that we of the SS class get about 1/10th of what we are to get from it withheld to pay into Medicare. Also, I am sure that you have no idea how much the MediGap insurance costs. Yep, I pay over $300 per month to have health insurance. Maybe if you did some research you would know some of these things.

I really am embarrassed to have the man who does my endoscopyies bi-annually to be forewarned when my cancer of the esophagus is coming get only about 1/2 of what he bills and the hospital about the same amount. However, they either get paid by Medicare, the amount those bureaucrats think would be right or they don't get paid. Surely you do know that whatever amount the board thinks is right is all they can get. Nobody asked me if I wanted to be on Medicare. The law says that when you get to 65 you have to be on Medicare and of course the insurance companies have to drop you unless you want to pay more than what you paid before attaining the age of 65.

Actually I think that you just can't see anything like this because you just don't want what I say to be true. Check the law concerning Medicare that I have been paying in on since its inception and still do pay on. You might find that we pay about the same amount.

Old 03-18-2012, 11:53 AM

Quote:
I am sure Obama does favor that. I and most Americans do as well. The ACA doesn't do that and as time goes by, I hope we are able to shake off the shackles of the Ins Industry buying of Congress, and start to move in that direction.
Yep, bob, you and Barack do both favor socialized medicine and I don't agree that most Americans are with you. Most Democrats, probably, but not the rest of us.

Old 03-18-2012, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Why do you expect the government to spend more than you paid into the system? Personally, as I've repeated in the past, I wish people like you were given an inflation adjusted contribution (whatever you put into the system, if at all), and told "you're on your own now".
Actually I believe that you don't understand that we of the SS class get about 1/10th of what we are to get from it withheld to pay into Medicare. Also, I am sure that you have no idea how much the MediGap insurance costs. Yep, I pay over $300 per month to have health insurance. Maybe if you did some research you would know some of these things.

I really am embarrassed to have the man who does my endoscopyies bi-annually to be forewarned when my cancer of the esophagus is coming get only about 1/2 of what he bills and the hospital about the same amount. However, they either get paid by Medicare, the amount those bureaucrats think would be right or they don't get paid. Surely you do know that whatever amount the board thinks is right is all they can get. Nobody asked me if I wanted to be on Medicare. The law says that when you get to 65 you have to be on Medicare and of course the insurance companies have to drop you unless you want to pay more than what you paid before attaining the age of 65.

Actually I think that you just can't see anything like this because you just don't want what I say to be true. Check the law concerning Medicare that I have been paying in on since its inception and still do pay on. You might find that we pay about the same amount.

Old 03-18-2012, 12:02 PM

2,240 posts, read 1,386,349 times
Actually speaking of Social Security, which I just applied for, there are taxes on that, too!

Old 03-18-2012, 12:07 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,078,177 times
If anyone bothered to read the first few pages of 'Obamacare' they would have seen a section relating to 'keeping your plan'. A paragraph states that if ANY changes are made to your plan, benefits or even just words, 'the secretary' can consider the plan as being null and void. So if a plan wants to change a co-pay from $15 to $20, it could become a 'no plan for you'

Old 03-18-2012, 02:26 PM

Quote:
I don't know how to put anyone on ignore. Why would anybody reply to that nonsense? Other than to say, it's nonsense. So, it's nonsense.
Ask meson since he had me on for over a year, took me off, and then put me back on. He could surely tell you how easy it is.

Old 03-19-2012, 07:02 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,585,253 times
Quote:
So you see life, not as a right, but as a privilege that the government need not obligated to respect?
If you understood what you read in my posts, there is no way you could reasonably come to that conclusion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies