Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2012, 07:20 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
The tiger's stripes now appear. It's all about "recreational sex", huh? Whether someone has for whatever reason is not my business and not yours. Should we have the sex police, who determine that you had set for "the right reasons?" If so, you belong with the Taliban.

The issue here is whether a state should pass a law mandating that doctors shove an instrument up her vagina for no reason other than the law says so. News flash: Abortion is a legal procedure and that means the state isn't allowed to interfere. Funny how conservatives don't mind adding hundreds of dollars to health care for this but mind it for relatively inexpensive contraceptives.
Oh look at you!

All facts and on topic !

...show off!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2012, 07:23 PM

5,266 posts, read 8,743,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
And who the hell are YOU?

Someone who doesn't believe that a pregnant woman who wants to undergo a legal procedure doesn't need to be forced to undergo a non-medically necessary test because people like you believe it's not too much to ask of her.

Duh.

Old 03-17-2012, 07:25 PM

50,371 posts, read 63,964,084 times
I am a pro-choice conservative woman, and I see nothing wrong with making sure that a woman has all the facts before she has an abortion.

Old 03-17-2012, 07:27 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,319,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
I dare say a person gets more informative lecturing when they surrender a pet at the humane shelter than when a woman walks into an abortion clinic.

I don't think a sonogram is too much to ask from her.

Why, if she is going to have an abortion? Why does she have to see something that she does not want anyway, all that it is suppose to do is to get her to change her mind.

Old 03-17-2012, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post
Pennsylvania is the state that gave us Rick ("having a baby by a rapist is a goft from God") Santorum, right?
Sorry, we could not deport him and his family before he made a mess

Old 03-17-2012, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeafChick View Post
Vote Castration. Solve Pregnancy problems.

I wrote to Governor McDonnell on his FB to see if he can use that as a slogan but no response. My feelings are hurt.

Yea, the (NERP) New Eunuch Republican Party rick can be the spokesperson

Old 03-17-2012, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Common Anomaly View Post
No, you don't "got me". However, it is women who are claiming that they have complete control over their reproductive rights, yet you want to claim otherwise and push the blame onto men. How disingenuous can you get?

If women have complete control over their reproductive rights and there are a plethora of readily accessible and cheap contraceptives available, then why are they still having so many abortions?

Perhaps they are not making the smartest choices regarding their reproductive rights.

Please explain to me what form of sexual contraceptive is 100% effective except self sexual gratification/homosexuality and pictures of newt naked??

Old 03-17-2012, 07:40 PM

Quote:
I am all for women making their own choice regarding their own bodies, but it is my business since I will be subsidizing the health care for women. Women, on average, need and use more health care than men. However, this bill prevents insurance companies from discriminating upon sex and charge women and men the same amount, despite the discrepancies in use and need.

If you want your independence, then foot your own bill. Don't rely upon men to pay for your reproductive rights, then clamor that we have no say when you want an abortion.

Independence requires responsibility which some women are reluctant to take on. No wonder the abortion rate is so high. Some women lack responsibility, but I didn't see you list that as a cause. You run away from responsibility since you are scared of it.

Guess who won't be any getting booty tonight

Old 03-17-2012, 07:43 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I am a pro-choice conservative woman, and I see nothing wrong with making sure that a woman has all the facts before she has an abortion.
If she's going in for an abortion, she HAS all the facts...she's pregnant.

How stupid do you think women are that they need to have "pregnant" explained to them.

And NO medical procedure should be FORCED on anyone.

Old 03-17-2012, 07:45 PM

Quote:
I know this, but women claim that they have 100% control over their reproductive rights, yet want men to bear some of this responsibility.

Sorry, but you can't have it both ways. You can't claim complete responsibility over the reproduction of a child, yet then lay some of that responsibility onto men.

It is insincere.

Interesting that you should say that because if woman decide to keep the unwanted babies and start sticking men (who btw also did not want the child either) with outrageous child support payments you will create another group of pissed off people
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies