Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2012, 02:16 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,143,615 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Oh big deal. This is funny. On one hand, women want free BC so they CAN stick things inside them whenever they want, but THIS is a no no? Hey, if you wanna play, you have to pay!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Have you lost your sense of humor or never had one? Me thinks we have struck a nerve of truth.
You find that vile post humorous?....no, thank goodness I don't share your warped sense of humor.....but I do notice you haven't the courage to answer questions that ARE on topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2012, 02:18 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,653,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
No it isn't. I was in the hospital about 6 weeks ago for lower abdomen pain, and in the course of looking for a diagnosis I had a very thorough TV ultrasound. I can assure you the size is nowhere NEAR the size of a tampon, it's way bigger than that.

I already tried to point this out way upthread; however, I'm sure that this poster has me on ignore because, well, it was ignored.

It was a pretty decent sized device. I had a female technician and she inserted it herself. I really think she should have at least bought me dinner when it was over with.

Old 03-19-2012, 02:21 PM

1,661 posts, read 1,392,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
I dare say a person gets more informative lecturing when they surrender a pet at the humane shelter than when a woman walks into an abortion clinic.

I don't think a sonogram is too much to ask from her.
You don't know much about sonograms, do you? it fits the legal definition of rape.

Old 03-19-2012, 02:24 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,036,788 times
Quote:
Have you lost your sense of humor or never had one? Me thinks we have struck a nerve of truth.
If you think SourD's comment is funny, then I guess you wouldn't object to being raped.....after all....it's not like you have never had sex before.

Now I understand why you are having such a problem understanding the concept of "force".

Old 03-19-2012, 02:25 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,987,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theredsnowman View Post
This mindset was common in the 1950’s it is disheartening to see that it is still prevalent among conservatives today.

Why do you suppose conservatives have such a strong desire to punish women for having sex?
It truly beats the hell outta me....perhaps because they're not getting laid?

Old 03-19-2012, 02:30 PM

3,501 posts, read 3,133,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
I already tried to point this out way upthread; however, I'm sure that this poster has me on ignore because, well, it was ignored.

It was a pretty decent sized device. I had a female technician and she inserted it herself. I really think she should have at least bought me dinner when it was over with.
And they have us discussing how comfortable or uncomfortable it is (Lets call it the "So, what's the big deal?" argument) when the point isn't how comfortable or uncomfortable it is !!
The point is, no one has made any argument that it's medically necessary to require this procedure. Also, no one has addressed the letter from the PA Medical Society that I posted that says they oppose this legislation.
Only someone completely disconnected from reality can continue to try and argue that this is a medical necessity, and that it has nothing to do with punishing women for exercising their reproductive rights.

Old 03-19-2012, 02:31 PM

Quote:
That's funny since I have never mentioned it before until I was replying to someone in here a couple of minutes ago. How is that an obsession then? I was pointing out the facts but of course as a pro-choicer you feel the need to insult and insuate. So typical of your side. Civil debate is beyond your scope.
Its insinuate.
The mere fact that you compared the size of the wand to a tampon told me all I needed to know.
On a whole lot of levels.

Old 03-19-2012, 02:32 PM

Quote:
You thought sours comment was funny?
Oy vey.

Old 03-19-2012, 02:36 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,653,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigboto View Post
And they have us discussing how comfortable or uncomfortable it is (Lets call it the "So, what's the big deal?" argument) when the point isn't how comfortable or uncomfortable it is !!
The point is, no one has made any argument that it's medically necessary to require this procedure. Also, no one has addressed the letter from the PA Medical Society that I posted that says they oppose this legislation.
Only someone completely disconnected from reality can continue to try and argue that this is a medical necessity, and that it has nothing to do with punishing women for exercising their reproductive rights.
Exactly. Not ONE of *them* will step out and say that they agree with state-mandated medical procedures. But they just LOVE this one. It is so freaking hypocritical that I don't know how they can look at themselves in the mirror.

I think I have, at least, the objectivity to say that even if I was opposed to abortion (personally I wouldn't do it but I won't force that on people), I can still stand here and say: Whether I agree with abortion or not, I emphatically DO NOT agree that the state should be directing medical procedures prior to receiving legal procedures.

Damn hypocrites is what they all are.

Old 03-19-2012, 02:36 PM

4,412 posts, read 3,957,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Oh big deal. This is funny. On one hand, women want free BC so they CAN stick things inside them whenever they want, but THIS is a no no? Hey, if you wanna play, you have to pay!
I'm quoting this again just on the chance the original gets removed. Everyone needs to be reminded of just how misogynistic those who support laws like this truly are. They need to be reminded of what these people truly think of women.

So again, do you talk about your wife or daughters in such a vile manner?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies