Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2012, 03:09 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,316,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
If you think SourD's comment is funny, then I guess you wouldn't object to being raped.....after all....it's not like you have never had sex before.

Now I understand why you are having such a problem understanding the concept of "force".
What a ridiculous analogy. You pro-choicers are really getting desperate in here now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2012, 03:10 PM

836 posts, read 1,778,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
There are more people wanting to adopt than there are babies available for adoption. This includes babies of color, crack babies, etc. People are willing to go literally to the ends of the earth to adopt kids, e.g. China, Bosnia, Guatamala and other countries. There are a lot of reasons to be pro-choice, but this isn't one of them.
1) NOT only babies can and need to be adopted
2) going to the "ends of the earth"... well, why not? There are STILL loads of kids that NEED to be adopted, around the world! They are poor, sick and don't have good medical care, no hopes for decent life... So what if they are in another country? If our country has more people willing to adopt then babies available - great!! Means, we can help those other kids!
They do deserve help, and they are already BORN. And suffering!

Old 03-19-2012, 03:17 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
What? Don't get you first remark at all. As I said, don't be insulting and I won't complain about it. It's' really that simple. What's wrong with civil debate? Those who have to resort to insults know they have lost the debate and never had an argument in the first place.
People stop being civil when you talk about the size of something being inserted as if that's the issue. I hope you realize that some women have a hard time with inserting a tampon (and a penis too) and step back from this insane argument since it makes light of situation. Some people have phobias about Dr's in general and the more times they have to go the worse their panic gets. Or is that part of the plan to? I hadn't thought that before.

And please address my question about you being OK with Pap tests being required by law. If you want to go off on tangents that's a much more enlightening path since it shines a light on you logic.

Old 03-19-2012, 03:19 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,042,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Oh big deal. This is funny. On one hand, women want free BC so they CAN stick things inside them whenever they want, but THIS is a no no? Hey, if you wanna play, you have to pay!
Quote:
What a ridiculous analogy. You pro-choicers are really getting desperate in here now.
Yet you found SourD's analogy amusing and spot on.

Old 03-19-2012, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigboto View Post
And they have us discussing how comfortable or uncomfortable it is (Lets call it the "So, what's the big deal?" argument) when the point isn't how comfortable or uncomfortable it is !!
The point is, no one has made any argument that it's medically necessary to require this procedure. Also, no one has addressed the letter from the PA Medical Society that I posted that says they oppose this legislation.
Only someone completely disconnected from reality can continue to try and argue that this is a medical necessity, and that it has nothing to do with punishing women for exercising their reproductive rights.
Wrong! I did address that letter. It is totally ridiculous to state that consevative men are trying to punish women over their reproductive rights. Geez, what a bunch of man haters in here.

Old 03-19-2012, 03:32 PM

3,502 posts, read 3,134,181 times
Quote:
Wrong! I did address that letter. It is totally ridiculous to state that consevative men are trying to punish women over their reproductive rights. Geez, what a bunch of man haters in here.
Oh yeah, you addressed it by saying not one doctor is saying that the sonogram is never necessary.
Brilliant!

Old 03-19-2012, 03:43 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,146,264 times
Quote:
Vile humor? Aren't we all adults here? Touchy, aren't we? Just what questions haven't I answered?
Well here they are. I posted them 3 times and you even quoted them once but then you ducked and ran for cover quaking in fear of addressing them.

What don't you get about FORCING a medical procedure on someone?

Why do you think medical procedures should be FORCED on someone?

Would YOU want a medical procedure FORCED on you whether it was needed or not?

Contrary to what YOU think, a patient has the final say in what is done to them, NOT the doctor and NOT the government.

I know you won't answer any of those questions but do you like MY idea of controlling women's reproduction?

""""I think they should pass a law that forces all women who want to have a baby spend two years supporting 5 foster children , on their own, .....to see if it's really what they want to do.""""

And, no, I don't think the subect of women llosing basic human rights by being forced to have medical procedures is funny at all....only sick people would.

Old 03-19-2012, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Its insinuate.
The mere fact that you compared the size of the wand to a tampon told me all I needed to know.
On a whole lot of levels.
I found that info on a medical website and I had one myself! I will ty to find that same website again and post it here but in the meantime.......

"How the test will feel"
"The test is usually painless, although some women may have mild discomfort from the pressure of the probe. Only a small part of the probe is placed into the vagina".

What is Transvaginal ultrasound?

Old 03-19-2012, 03:47 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,146,264 times
Quote:
What a ridiculous smear of conservative Americans. I am no fan of Santorum but he has several children. Was it by immaculate conception because accoding to you conservatives get no sex?

Contrary to your lies, most conservatives don't treat their women in the way you describe either. But because you don't like their pro-life stance just smear away even if it's not true, right?
I was being funny....

BUT OBVIOUSLY

YOU have NO sense of humor

Old 03-19-2012, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Well here they are. I posted them 3 times and you even quoted them once but then you ducked and ran for cover quacking in fear of addressing them.

And, no, I don't think the subect of women llosing basic human rights by being forced to have medical procedures is funny at all....only sick people would.
I have never run for cover and I have no fear of answering any questions. My God, there are numerous posts in here to address and I do have a life in between you know. Where are the questions I supposedly didn't answer? They aren't in this post.

I thought that the joke someone made in here was a funny analogy. Sorry you have no sense of humor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies