Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Do you agree?
Yes, they should be born in the US 36 87.80%
No, they shouldn't have to be born in the US 5 12.20%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-16-2012, 11:45 AM
 
Location: Florida
33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times
Reputation: 15546

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big George View Post
I see yet another "Obama is not an American!" thread that has produced the usual diatribes.

What I'm wondering is this: What would happen if - TODAY - they came out with conclusive evidence that Barack Obama was NOT a natural born citizen?

Does that suddenly mean he has never been President? Do they strip him of the title and give it to (god forbid!) Joe Biden? Does John McCain become President?

What the heck?
It will never happen. Power can hide anything and deals are made .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-16-2012, 11:46 AM
 
26,569 posts, read 14,441,941 times
Reputation: 7431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
It will never happen. Power can hide anything and deals are made .
do you feel obama is ineligible and if so exactly why ( "2 citizen parents", "kenyan-born"......) ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-16-2012, 11:50 AM
 
Location: The western periphery of Terra Australis
24,544 posts, read 56,054,732 times
Reputation: 11862
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Just to clarify, I wasn't refering to having close ties or loyalties to the government, but mostly to the culture. Most 1st generationers that I know are pretty attached to the ways, habits and preferences of their parent's country.
That might be true for some, but it's also not true at all for many. I'm Australian as anyone else, really, not that I make a thing of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-16-2012, 12:35 PM
 
Location: Southcentral Kansas
44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Reputation: 4269
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
it would still have to be impeachment. even if the SCOTUS declared him ineligible after breakfast this morning there is nothing in the constitution that allows them to remove a sitting president.
However, there is something in the Constitution that prevents him from being elected under the subject of this thread. Of course, he doesn't believe that that Constitution should remain and would like to see something more modern that allowed anybody and everybody to be able to take the job.

I imagine the left would be howling to not embarrass his daughters by throwing him out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-16-2012, 01:22 PM
 
Location: Florida
33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times
Reputation: 15546
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
do you feel obama is ineligible and if so exactly why ( "2 citizen parents", "kenyan-born"......) ?
I never considered Obama as ineligible . The people picked him and got a president that puts his agenda first and the people second. I also have connected the many dots to see what Obama says and does.

Let's just say the more I see of Obama and his policies the more I know him and his ideology.

I am also quite disappointed in him for we need a president who can work with the congress and he doesn't even make an attempt. His divisive words only polarize congress and the country is in very bad shape. The people don't even realize that it is that bad and will get worse with Obama's agenda. We are so far in debt we will never see us get out of debt without causing extreme hardship on many people in the future.. we will have to pay the piper for those that danced and Obama was the orchestra leader.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-16-2012, 01:48 PM
 
Location: Humboldt Park, Chicago
3,501 posts, read 3,134,706 times
Reputation: 2597
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Of course, he doesn't believe that that Constitution should remain and would like to see something more modern that allowed anybody and everybody to be able to take the job.
There is absolutely zero evidence of that. However, there is absolute evidence that birthers want to do away with the Constitution, since they refuse to acknowledge the authority of the State of Hawaii under the Full Faith and Credit Clause contained therein.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-16-2012, 01:50 PM
 
Location: Littleton, CO
20,892 posts, read 16,075,809 times
Reputation: 3954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big George View Post
What I'm wondering is this: What would happen if - TODAY - they came out with conclusive evidence that Barack Obama was NOT a natural born citizen?
1. Joe Biden would become the 45th President of the United States. He would complete Obama's term.

2. Under the "De Facto Officer Doctrine" everything else would remain unchanged. All his appointments, signed laws, executive orders would remain completely in force.

That's it all in a nutshell.

PS. I couldn't vote because your options were not inclusive of the right answer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-16-2012, 02:07 PM
 
Location: Virginia Beach
8,346 posts, read 7,043,339 times
Reputation: 2874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I never considered Obama as ineligible . The people picked him and got a president that puts his agenda first and the people second.
So people elected a politician who acts like a politician?

SAY IT AIN'T SO!

@The topic:

If he's found ineligble, he's kicked out, and Biden becomes president. No more, no less.

@The "citizen" argument:

I can honestly understand both sides. In this day and age, I personally think it's foolhardy to think that just because someone is born in America that they have more loyalty to America than anywhere else. HOwever, I understand the fear of other countries sneaking in agents to try to sabatoge our government.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-16-2012, 02:08 PM
 
2,729 posts, read 5,370,546 times
Reputation: 1785
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
1. Joe Biden would become the 45th President of the United States. He would complete Obama's term.

2. Under the "De Facto Officer Doctrine" everything else would remain unchanged. All his appointments, signed laws, executive orders would remain completely in force.

That's it all in a nutshell.

PS. I couldn't vote because your options were not inclusive of the right answer.
There's a little problem here... Some moderator decided that it would be a good idea to merge two basically unrelated threads into one single thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-16-2012, 03:55 PM
 
Location: Long Island, NY
19,792 posts, read 13,947,200 times
Reputation: 5661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I never considered Obama as ineligible . The people picked him and got a president that puts his agenda first and the people second. I also have connected the many dots to see what Obama says and does.

Let's just say the more I see of Obama and his policies the more I know him and his ideology.

I am also quite disappointed in him for we need a president who can work with the congress and he doesn't even make an attempt. His divisive words only polarize congress and the country is in very bad shape. The people don't even realize that it is that bad and will get worse with Obama's agenda. We are so far in debt we will never see us get out of debt without causing extreme hardship on many people in the future.. we will have to pay the piper for those that danced and Obama was the orchestra leader.
I am interested in knowing what you perceive as Obama's ideology. When one reads right-winger writings, you'd think that he was Marx but when one looks at his actual policies, such as continuing much of Bush's foreign policies; supporting the cradle of capitalism -- the banks, he's clearly a centrist.

As far as working with Congress, we witness him making concessions and Congress not bending. So I really don't know what you are talking about. Boehner said that in the debt limit talks, the GOP got 95% of what they wanted. So, how can you say that Obama doesn't compromise?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top