Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 09:31 AM

613 posts, read 759,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganusn View Post
"Yeah, black people are brainwashed because they're not flocking to the GOP....." I'm really racking my brain trying to figure out why......
It is only a mystery to conservatives why black people hate them. Ha!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2012, 09:33 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,761,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theredsnowman View Post
These people are not conservatives. There is no proof of that. This is just a racist person.

Old 03-16-2012, 09:33 AM

5,266 posts, read 8,742,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
For all you know, some of these could be photoshopped. The last one looks like it was.

I don't think there are that many people anti-Obama because of his color; I think there's an element of anti-Obama sentiment due to the belief that the blacks in this country support Obama because of his color.

Both groups are wrong. They should be rating the President and party on the basis of their policies and the direction in which he is taking this country.

Question should not be "do I like Obama?" but "do I like what our country is becoming?"
Nope...like I said, I've seen it (the OP bumper sticker) several times here in north Idaho. It's quite real and very disgusting.
I would say from what I hear that you are quite wrong. There are a lot of people who are quite open about their racism forming their opinion about our president, and even more who pretend they aren't, but who clearly are. On another forum I frequent, the "pet name" for Michelle Obama is "Chewbacca". But no...they aren't racists.

Old 03-16-2012, 09:37 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,136,566 times
Not a good way to get your message across unless you really are racist.

Having said that, when I first heard someone say "re-nig" immediately thought it was racist at the time because I never heard it. Kinda funny because I was initially shocked until I learned what it meant. They probably couldve came up with a better term for that instead of re-nig

Old 03-16-2012, 09:39 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,692,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theredsnowman View Post
Black people hate conservatives? Because theyr'e conservative? I guess that would explain why liberal blacks hate conservative blacks.

It's real smart to hate people who don't think as you do. Yep. Real smart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistyriverranch View Post
Nope...like I said, I've seen it (the OP bumper sticker) several times here in north Idaho. It's quite real and very disgusting.
I would say from what I hear that you are quite wrong. There are a lot of people who are quite open about their racism forming their opinion about our president, and even more who pretend they aren't, but who clearly are. On another forum I frequent, the "pet name" for Michelle Obama is "Chewbacca". But no...they aren't racists.
I guess I don't hang around in your circles. Glad I don't live in your state!
I've never seen anything openly racist anywhere in my travels in this country.

Old 03-16-2012, 09:43 AM

813 posts, read 2,031,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
When will racist people stop attacking his race? Kind of a dumb question don't you think?

I wouldn't be concerned about people as such, they are fringe elements. The rest of the people are attacking his policies and political ideal.
I think the Republican Party should definitely be very concerned about people considering these so-called fringe elements as being representative of their party. Instead of doing the right thing and calling out this fringe element, many of the Republican leaders make statements that simply fan the flames of these racist types naturally causing many to question their own racial motivations.

As I stated in a recent thread, there are many people particularly those of color who actually align with many of the positions presented by Republicans but will not vote for them with that dark, pseudo-racist cloud hanging over so many things that they do. Republicans may no longer care about Black voters, but I guarantee they care about Hispanic voters and Independants who are going to be more cautious of candidates like Gingrich and Santorum for this reason (I don't think such a cloud hangs over Romney, btw).

Old 03-16-2012, 09:53 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,216,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Big deal. I've seen just as many tasteless and offensive anti-Bush bumper stickers and signs from the so-called tolerant Left.

Yeah tasteless is not quite the same as RACIST...

Old 03-16-2012, 09:55 AM

4,734 posts, read 4,329,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
To be honest about the origin of that word, even poor white trash, use to have that label. It was a label of poverty, when it originated, not the tint of someones complexion.
This is absolutely one of the most ridiculous things I have read on here -- and I've read some amazingly ridiculous stuff.

Absolute bullcrap.

You obviously know not a single thing about the origin of that word. The word comes from the Spanish word negro/negra and its similar cognates in Romantic languages such as Spanish, which comes from the ancient Latin root niger.

The amount of ignorance around here is astonishing. Sheesh. Check your facts before you start writing such nonsense.

Old 03-16-2012, 09:56 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,131,464 times
I don’t’ believe RE-NIG was referring to RE-Negro and you don’t either. It’s safe to say that if I would of saw someone getting into that car I would have kicked there ass. (And yes racist comments begets violence) The burden of proof would have been on them that they didn’t mean to be offensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
I agree that this bumper sticker is distasteful but I have to say your origin of the word is quite a way off.

The word "Negro" means black in Spanish. It's not a bad thing to use this term but many have shortened it to the other word that have made the black community mad. Even to the point of being called "African American" instead of "black" just to get far away from the word.

Then to further the whole thing many try to flip the "N" word to mean "white" trash as you speak in your definition. The whole thing is just so stupid.

What is even more stupid since we are there...some black people call each other the "N" word as an acceptable term. However, if a "white" person calls a "black" person that it is unacceptable. Go figure.

Old 03-16-2012, 10:00 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,205,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Yeah tasteless is not quite the same as RACIST...
The images showing Bush as a monkey are insulting to his intelligence. This bumper sticker alluding to Obama's race is insulting.

BOTH are insulting......and equally so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies