Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 10:02 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,129,575 times

Advertisements

It has nothing to do with evolution just physics. For every action there is an equal but opposite reaction. And the reaction for that bumper sticker is an ass kicking. Simple as that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
And our old friend evolution (or lack of evolution in this case) proves itself to be true yet again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2012, 10:02 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
I don’t’ believe RE-NIG was referring to RE-Negro and you don’t either. It’s safe to say that if I would of saw someone getting into that car I would have kicked there ass. (And yes racist comments begets violence) The burden of proof would have been on them that they didn’t mean to be offensive.

But seriously, why stoop to that idiot's level? We know the person is an ignorant POS! Don't give him the attention that he is looking for! I know the temptation is there to slap the s*** out of this person, but chances are you'd be the one getting in trouble for assaulting the guy! Why risk getting yourself into legal trouble for this guy's ignorance? So, now you beat the s*** out of the guy? Now you have a criminal record (felonious assault), now what?

Old 03-16-2012, 10:11 AM

5,266 posts, read 8,739,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post

I guess I don't hang around in your circles. Glad I don't live in your state!
I've never seen anything openly racist anywhere in my travels in this country.

My circles? You think the vehicles I see driving down the road are "my circles"?

Old 03-16-2012, 10:13 AM

4,734 posts, read 4,328,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
That word was not started from the word negro.
No, you are incorrect. It absolutely was started from several of the many derivatives of the Latin root niger or nigrum, with the latter being the most likely point of origin of the word. Even as early as the early 1600s, early settlers began using similar language "negars" to refer to African slaves.

It is true that there were some uses of the n word that were not necessarily intended to be racist, and that they did not entirely refer to African Americans. In England, for example, there was a work titled the N*gger of Narcissus, which refers to a South Asian (Indian/Pakistani/Sri Lankan) with a dark complexion. But the bulk of the term's use in America was almost exclusively reserved for African slaves and later, their Black descendants. It is absolutely a word that is used to demean Blacks and to refer to them derisively as an underclass. There is no question about that. None whatsoever, and to say otherwise is bullsh*t revisionist alternative "history".

Quote:
It was from the french translation, meaning skin tone other than bright white. negro was the PC term of the time in the USA and the bad word(******),
Nope. Not so.

Quote:
It has evolved into what it became and is more so today.
The word, like others, did evolve and take on a different meaning than its original definition, which was used to refer mainly to black things in antiquity. But the big n word has been used to refer to Blacks, and it has been offensive, for a very long time.

Old 03-16-2012, 10:15 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,129,575 times
Yes I know that wouldn’t be the smart thing to do. But hey I beat up people of lesser issues and I wouldn’t be consistant if I let that one slide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
But seriously, why stoop to that idiot's level? We know the person is an ignorant POS! Don't give him the attention that he is looking for! I know the temptation is there to slap the s*** out of this person, but chances are you'd be the one getting in trouble for assaulting the guy! Why risk getting yourself into legal trouble for this guy's ignorance? So, now you beat the s*** out of the guy? Now you have a criminal record (felonious assault), now what?

Old 03-16-2012, 10:21 AM

4,734 posts, read 4,328,449 times
Re: why African Americans are allowed to call each other n*gga....

Does that really require an explanation?

Old 03-16-2012, 10:23 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Yes I know that wouldn’t be the smart thing to do. But hey I beat up people of lesser issues and I wouldn’t be consistant if I let that one slide.

I guess I'm like Mr. Miaygi when it comes to aggression. Or basically, "don't start no s***. Won't be no s***!" Words are words. I've been in my share of fights, but it's very rare, that I would be the first one swinging. However; put your hands on me, which is violating my personal space, well... let's just say... it's your a**! I guess it's just all about picking your battles.

Old 03-16-2012, 10:31 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
The white man that helped my forefathers, were called ******'s
I am Cherokee by heritage.
Even thought many Cherokee, were as white as the pope.

Old 03-16-2012, 10:31 AM

78,337 posts, read 60,527,398 times
The bumper sticker is moronic.

What's also moronic is people trying to use this idiot to label all republicans or all whatever. This is the debate tactic of racists like the driver of the car in question, congratulations on finding your mental equal.

Old 03-16-2012, 10:33 AM

8,011 posts, read 11,398,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
Re: why African Americans are allowed to call each other n*gga....

Does that really require an explanation?

because races call each other names that they don't expect other races to call them in public i guess. that's kind of a no-brainer tho, but it is still a free country to be dumb, so whatever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies