Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2012, 02:28 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,005,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
Your reading comprehension needs some fixin up before you can even hope to understand anything. I never said the right has ruled the roost but those same people "they" who make up the right have, if they be left or right it matters not. The facts are that they were in the most part WASPs.
Then why not say WASPS instead of "the right"? If you believe there is some group of people who have been in control of the country for 200+ years and you agree that that group incudes people on the left - then you are making yourself look really stupid when you ignore that - and say that those people are all on the right. Making this a partisan point is just silly - you just said "the same people "they" who make up the right have (ruled the roost) - do not those same people also make up the left? Words mean things - if you can't use them properly, you will never effectively get your point across and whatever does get through will be summarily dismissed. Individuals on both the left and the right have been guilty of racism - whether you want acknowledge the clear record of history or not.

You might also consider that neither the Republican Party or the Democratic Party are solely made up of WASP's - if you honestly believe one or the other does consist of a homogenous demographic - you need to quit drinking liberal kook-aid (sic).

Last edited by Harrier; 03-17-2012 at 02:38 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2012, 06:12 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,577,788 times
If there is anyone in the USA that is leftist, he or she is not in government. I have yet to either read or hear anything of a leftist platform from one single American politician.

It's all relative, In the USA the people on the right are so right they are off the scale and the people on the left are in the center by any sane definition of the word.

Old 03-17-2012, 06:32 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
That's why I'm so glad I left the Democrat plantation. I'm now an individual, and not another trophy to be paraded. How is it that I have "uniquely Hispanic" thoughts? How is it that I think differently?
What's with you guys that have to find a political party in order to make something of yourself? I'm a Democrat, and i have no freekin' idea where this mythical "plantation" is. I've always done pretty well for myself regardless of ideology. I've always been an individual since day one, and i've never been anyone's parade trophy.

Damn....are people THAT WEAK if they don't have some political ideology they can believe in? You must've been a pretty sad person.

Old 03-17-2012, 06:39 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,317,510 times
Quote:
If there is anyone in the USA that is leftist, he or she is not in government. I have yet to either read or hear anything of a leftist platform from one single American politician.

It's all relative, In the USA the people on the right are so right they are off the scale and the people on the left are in the center by any sane definition of the word.
Are you serious? Most Democrat poltiicans are lefties and run on a leftist platform. Hardly any are in the center. Pelosi and Reid come to mind as far lefts.

Most people on the right are not off the scale in their views only to a lefty do they appear that way.

Old 03-17-2012, 06:39 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,005,925 times
Quote:

Very scary that you are eligible to vote.

Old 03-17-2012, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Are you serious? Most Democrat poltiicans are lefties and run on a leftist platform. Hardly any are in the center. Pelosi and Reid come to mind as far lefts.

Most people on the right are not off the scale in their views only to a lefty do they appear that way.
OK let's compare anywhere USA to a place that's just a little "Left". The province of Saskatchewan. Now in Sk the government owns and operates the largest telecom in the province. It has a monopoly on vehicle insurance and is the only game in town. Of course it provides all of it's citizens with universal health care. It's the major stockholder in the second largest potash corp in the world. It has many oil and gas and mining interests. It owns the gas distribution pipelines in the province. It owns and operates all the universities. It owns and operates most of the municipal water and waste systems even in the smaller towns. It owns and operates the complete electrical generation and transmission systems.

This is just some of the government owned "Crown corporations" in the province.

Now, if any of the American right wing BS was true, then the province of Saskatchewan would have a hard time attracting investment capital and corporations to such a "people's province". The truth of the matter is that they are lining up at the border for the chance to get in on the action. Last year what would have been the largest mining deal in world history, the purchase of Potash corp. was quashed because it was seen to NOT be in the best interests of the PEOPLE. The place is booming and will be for at least a couple of generations and guess what?????
It's as freakin leftist as it gets in a democracy.

Old 03-17-2012, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Very scary that you are eligible to vote.
I'm eligible to vote all right!!!!! In Canada that is. LOL, and guess what? I don't vote for our left wing party the NDP. I have always voted for the Liberals who are a centerist party. This center party would be called COMMUNIST by the idiots in the USA who call themselves CONSERVATIVES but are anything but. They are corporatists and the party of economic royalists. ECONOMIC ROYALISTS ARE NOTHING NEW. They were THE POWER in Europe during the colonial period and morphed into Facists when their rule was threatened by social democratic movements. They brought in the gangsters to uphold their exalted positions in Italy, Germany Austria, Spain, Hungry and other countries.

It's these movements to the hard right that the GOP is starting to look like more and more every day. I BELIEVE VERY STRONGLY that these people are exceedingly dangerous and will destroy everything that is good about the USA if given a chance to do so.

There are still people today that will tell you that Hitler and Mussolini were good because they put down organized labour, got rid of unemployment, created ultranationalistic citizens, got rid of all the enemies of the state. Protected and grew BIG BUSINESS.
Hey, doesn't that sound just like a GOP election slogan??????

Old 03-17-2012, 09:22 PM

32,063 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
That is the cornerstone of the DEM campaign strategy. Bigger government, more laws, more restrictions...... fits nicely.

What you are describing is the republicans agenda. They seem to want more laws and restrictions.

Old 03-18-2012, 08:48 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,317,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
What you are describing is the republicans agenda. They seem to want more laws and restrictions.
So making sure that every voter is a citizen and has the right to vote is a bad law? Restricting non-citizens from voting is a bad law also?

Old 03-18-2012, 08:55 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
nothing at all to indicate that the skin tone of the teacher improves academic performance of the pupils.
attempting to placate those playing the card. the excuses for poor academic performance are many.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies