Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2012, 09:01 AM

3,566 posts, read 3,734,425 times

Advertisements

Over the last four years conservatives in particular have been lambasted for asking the most basic question about our president: Who is Barack Obama? Now we learn from Maureen Dowd in her latest NY Times column ("Dreaming of a Superhero") that even Barack doesn't know the answer to that question and that his presidency has been a sort of vision quest of self-discovery. Yikes!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2012, 09:24 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,131,520 times
I'm reading "The Amateur" right now.....which details Barack Obama's narcissism....his belief that he was destined to change America.....his core belief that he's the chosen one to pull off such a feat....and his inability to reconcile reality with what he believes he can actually do. The book also details the incompetence of his White House staff and policy advisors, his refusal to consider opposing viewpoints, and his inexperience. Basically, Obama came to the White House believing that he could get anything he wanted done. He's that narcissistic. It's a damning portrait of the President, and interestingly the information for the book comes from those who have worked directly with and for the President over the course of his lifetime. I challenge every liberal on this forum to be objective enough to grab a copy and read it. You might finally acknowledge once and for all that you were hoodwinked.

Old 06-04-2012, 09:40 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,450,261 times
I know the book? and it does entail all about Obama, that most of us pretty much have figured out on our own. Without a book, so many of us can plainly see, what his agenda was and still is.

Don't take no rocket scientist, to figure this one out, only those self-rightious, individuals who helped put him here, so that he could get on with that agenda much easily, with no questions asked. Obama had arrogant qualities when he was newly elected, and a bullish type temper, for those who cross or disagree with him.

Your right, i know so many who believe that his destiny is to change the face of America, as we know it, and that he is the chosen one to be able to pull this feat. Good book good reading, how many of us already know that Obama does not accept opposing viewpoints when it has to do with him.
Please expect some answers, actually some doozies, is what i now call them, the many excuses for Obama.

Old 06-04-2012, 09:57 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,026,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
Over the last four years conservatives in particular have been lambasted for asking the most basic question about our president: Who is Barack Obama? Now we learn from Maureen Dowd in her latest NY Times column ("Dreaming of a Superhero") that even Barack doesn't know the answer to that question and that his presidency has been a sort of vision quest of self-discovery. Yikes!
Here's the link to that article:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/03/op...ef=maureendowd

Old 06-04-2012, 10:56 AM

3,566 posts, read 3,734,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Thanks for posting the link. I would have done it if I weren't such a technological neanderthal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies