Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2012, 07:40 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,522,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
YOu have got to be kidding.. Because Bin Laden said he is a great American... lolol
President Obama made certain that Osama Bin Laden couldn't say a darn thing!

Results baby results. President Obama did in less than three years what the Republicans could not do in eight years.

And President Obama didn't even have to launch some faux vendatta war against a random unrelated country (a la the GWB administration) to get the job done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2012, 09:14 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,923,606 times
Quote:
The most successful people I have ever met , do not have a big ego and what a great gift to be humble.
I definitely agree with you. I meet people where I live in Florida who are very wealthy and successful and are terribly egotistical. I also meet people who are gentle and humble in nature, and then learn they are, to use a popular term, rocket scientists. (but real ones!!)

I never see Obama acting snobby or full of himself. There's a big difference between asserting yourself, getting your point across so people listen to you, and thinking you're better than others.

Did anyone here who is calling him arrogant or boastful watch his acceptance of the Nobel Peace Prize?

"I do not view it as a recognition of my own accomplishments but rather as an affirmation of American leadership on behalf of aspirations held by people in all nations ... This award must be shared with everyone who strives for justice and dignity."

How can anyone call this man egotistical? His 2009 speech starts at about 6 seconds into the video. He says he doesn't deserve to be in the company of so many who have inspired him.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7bHkH779qg[/url]

I hope everyone spends just 2 min, 30 sec watching this. Tell me where he brags about himself just once.

Old 03-17-2012, 09:16 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
mr obama is a fictitious person he has no past, no past gir friends no past story line, all his past is heavily edited and we are unsure of even his status in this country. fictitious people don't have egos.
to think that his election slogan was change, is very scary since we dont know who he is.
what this says about american voters is we like hollywood fictitious people, not real people.

Old 03-17-2012, 09:28 PM

33,547 posts, read 18,143,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
President Obama made certain that Osama Bin Laden couldn't say a darn thing!

Results baby results. President Obama did in less than three years what the Republicans could not do in eight years.

And President Obama didn't even have to launch some faux vendatta war against a random unrelated country (a la the GWB administration) to get the job done.
Obama did nothing. It was the seals that did it. Obama was just sitting in the oval office planning his next White House party and looking at his political campaigning schedule while working his speech writers to death.

Old 03-17-2012, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
mr obama is a fictitious person he has no past, no past gir friends no past story line, all his past is heavily edited and we are unsure of even his status in this country. fictitious people don't have egos.
to think that his election slogan was change, is very scary since we dont know who he is.
what this says about american voters is we like hollywood fictitious people, not real people.
Some gays said they knew Obama as a lover, and of course that was of course denied .

Obama did take cocaine but most of his past is a secret and the media gave a pass and still does.

Old 03-17-2012, 09:35 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,572,543 times
Quote:
Lost our Triple rating for the first time in history.
99% of all the economists who have chimed in on the issue put the blame squarely on the GOP and their threat to default on USA debt.

It reminds me of my first two sons. The older one was very good and almost never caused problems, the second one, well he was a terror. The funny thing was that whatever the trouble was he always blamed his older brother for it. Now, some people would believe him but anyone with any common sence at all knew it for what it was , A lie.

Old 03-17-2012, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I definitely agree with you. I meet people where I live in Florida who are very wealthy and successful and are terribly egotistical. I also meet people who are gentle and humble in nature, and then learn they are, to use a popular term, rocket scientists. (but real ones!!)

I never see Obama acting snobby or full of himself. There's a big difference between asserting yourself, getting your point across so people listen to you, and thinking you're better than others.

Did anyone here who is calling him arrogant or boastful watch his acceptance of the Nobel Peace Prize?

"I do not view it as a recognition of my own accomplishments but rather as an affirmation of American leadership on behalf of aspirations held by people in all nations ... This award must be shared with everyone who strives for justice and dignity."

How can anyone call this man egotistical? His 2009 speech starts at about 6 seconds into the video. He says he doesn't deserve to be in the company of so many who have inspired him.

Obama: Nobel Peace Prize 'A Call to Action' - YouTube

I hope everyone spends just 2 min, 30 sec watching this. Tell me where he brags about himself just once.
Obama did nothing to deserve the peace prize. it was complete foolishness to give it to him. What could he say.. I deserve it.

Obama apologizes for America, treats Israel with distain, and tells them to stop building. Who is Obama to tell the Israelies what to do?

Obama made the enemies of Israel more powerful as Obama chastised Netanyahu in front of the whole world .

Obama has not been a strong president for the people .

He is a power hungry man who just signed an executive order to have power over all food and water and energy not for just emergencies but in peace time too which this took our rights away. Obama just took over the United States economy with one executive order.

Old 03-17-2012, 09:48 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times
Lets change this around some. What happens when someone says something negative about Obama. He can't handle it, and gets iritated, and almost like a bully. He has to get even with those who do not agree with him. I lost respect right there, Because as President, people are going to disagree with you, don't get even with them, try and help then understand your position, without putting them down and pointing fingers that they are the bad guy.
No respect i have for somone like that, and i do not care who the person is.
His ego is bigger then his head?

Old 03-17-2012, 09:51 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,490,492 times
Nobody who runs for the highest office suffers from low self-asteem. They all have ego's that need to be fed. That in itself doesn't make the flawed.

Old 03-17-2012, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
99% of all the economists who have chimed in on the issue put the blame squarely on the GOP and their threat to default on USA debt.

It reminds me of my first two sons. The older one was very good and almost never caused problems, the second one, well he was a terror. The funny thing was that whatever the trouble was he always blamed his older brother for it. Now, some people would believe him but anyone with any common sence at all knew it for what it was , A lie.
You have got to be kidding. Obama never worked with the republicans from day one. He is the most divisive president and you believe msnbc which tells you lies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies