Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2012, 10:00 PM

32,062 posts, read 15,058,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
"Uppity" implies having an attitude because he has few dollars in the bank.

I simply think Barack Obama is total scumbag. Rich or broke, he's still a scumbag. The Rod Blagojevich type of scumbag.

That may be the meaning of "uppity" for you. But being from the south I can tell you that this derogatory term was used only for black people and it had nothing to do with dollars in the bank. Funny, I never hear that word now because of what it implies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2012, 10:01 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,931,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Obama did nothing. It was the seals that did it. Obama was just sitting in the oval office planning his next White House party and looking at his political campaigning schedule while working his speech writers to death.
SEALS is an acronym for Sea, Air and Land teams. Maybe you know this, but Obama is Commander-In-Chief. I don't understand why people keep forgetting what that means. He is the one who gave the order, made the decision to capture Bin Laden, and we lost no American lives in the process. I wasn't cheering that day, because I never jump up and down with glee when I hear other people died. War is evil, no matter who dies.

However, when it comes to his opponents, Obama never gets credit for keeping our country safe for all these years, even with idiots like that Florida pastor (at least he calls himself one) who burned the Quran when he knew American lives could be at stake. When did 9/11 happen? Was Obama the President in 2001? Who started 2 wars? Obama? When did over 12 to 15 million illegal immigrants cross the border? Did they all enter the United States after Jan 2009?

[URL="http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2011/12/obamas-record-high-deportations-draw-hispanic-scorn/"]Record High Deportation Numbers Draw Hispanic Scorn[/URL]

"Since 2009, the annual average number of deportations has approached 400,000, according to the Department of Homeland Security. That’s double the annual average during President George W. Bush’s first term and 30 percent higher than the average when he left office."

Gosh, this President can't please anyone, can he?

Old 03-17-2012, 10:05 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
SEALS is an acronym for Sea, Air and Land teams. Maybe you know this, but Obama is Commander-In-Chief. I don't understand why people keep forgetting what that means. He is the one who gave the order, made the decision to capture Bin Laden, and we lost no American lives in the process. I wasn't cheering that day, because I never jump up and down with glee when I hear other people died. War is evil, no matter who dies.

However, when it comes to his opponents, Obama never gets credit for keeping our country safe for all these years, even with idiots like that Florida pastor (at least he calls himself one) who burned the Quran when he knew American lives could be at stake. When did 9/11 happen? Was Obama the President in 2001? Who started 2 wars? Obama? When did over 12 to 15 million illegal immigrants cross the border? Did they all enter the United States after Jan 2009?

Record High Deportation Numbers Draw Hispanic Scorn

"Since 2009, the annual average number of deportations has approached 400,000, according to the Department of Homeland Security. That’s double the annual average during President George W. Bush’s first term and 30 percent higher than the average when he left office."

Gosh, this President can't please anyone, can he?
I believe he over stepped his bounds yesterday by signing an executive order to take complete control our food, water, business , energy which was our power , the power of the people. If Obama wants to close businesses he can , close food stores he can. Shut down water supply , he can , even in peace time.

President Obama signs Executive Order allowing for control over all US resources - National Finance Examiner | Examiner.com

Old 03-17-2012, 10:13 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,577,788 times
Quote:
You have got to be kidding. Obama never worked with the republicans from day one. He is the most divisive president and you believe msnbc which tells you lies.
I don't watch any American news stations. I'm very nonpartisan in this. They all SUCK big time.

I watch CBC, CTV, AJE, BBC. If I watched American stations I would not have a clue of what goes on. I might know what K kardashian had for supper though!!!!!

Old 03-17-2012, 10:14 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,530,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Lets change this around some. What happens when someone says something negative about Obama. He can't handle it, and gets iritated, and almost like a bully. He has to get even with those who do not agree with him. I lost respect right there, Because as President, people are going to disagree with you, don't get even with them, try and help then understand your position, without putting them down and pointing fingers that they are the bad guy.
No respect i have for somone like that, and i do not care who the person is.
His ego is bigger then his head?
Do you have ANY examples of this or are you just talking out of your _ _ _?

Please list the name of the person and how President Obama got even with them?

Old 03-17-2012, 10:15 PM

32,062 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Quote:
You have got to be kidding. Obama never worked with the republicans from day one. He is the most divisive president and you believe msnbc which tells you lies.
Actually he has. I think he and Boehner were on the same page for certain things until the tea party shot them down

Old 03-17-2012, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
mr obama is a fictitious person he has no past, no past gir friends no past story line, all his past is heavily edited and we are unsure of even his status in this country. fictitious people don't have egos.
to think that his election slogan was change, is very scary since we dont know who he is.
what this says about american voters is we like hollywood fictitious people, not real people.
I would need to look at your previous posts to know if you are serious or writing this tongue-in-cheek. If it's the former, then you are obviously one of the many gullible people who read those ridiculous hate emails. There are so many people who have written about knowing the President and attending parties in college. What U.S. President has had to prove he's a real person? Nobody. That's because they were all named Johnson or Kennedy, you know, names everyone felt comfortable pronouncing. Anyone with an IQ over 80 who thinks someone would name her son Barack Hussein Obama so she could sneak him into the country, then pick Hawaii of all places, when she was an American citizen from Kansas....I can't go on because it's so silly.

Yesterday an educated man I know said to me that Obama chose his name the way Mohammed Ali changed his name from Cassius Clay. "Doesn't that prove he's a Muslim?" he asked me. Apparently the real birth certificate that in 2009 the Republican Gov of Hawaii and the Republican Legislature and the hospital and the 2 newspapers with the birth announcements were in this together. However, they all used the name "Barack Hussein Obama, II" so how could his "real" given name be Barry? It's mind boggling.

Old 03-17-2012, 10:23 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,530,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I would need to look at your previous posts to know if you are serious or writing this tongue-in-cheek. If it's the former, then you are obviously one of the many gullible people who read those ridiculous hate emails. There are so many people who have written about knowing the President and attending parties in college. What U.S. President has had to prove he's a real person? Nobody. That's because they were all named Johnson or Kennedy, you know, names everyone felt comfortable pronouncing. Anyone with an IQ over 80 who thinks someone would name her son Barack Hussein Obama so she could sneak him into the country, then pick Hawaii of all places, when she was an American citizen from Kansas....I can't go on because it's so silly.

Yesterday an educated man I know said to me that Obama chose his name the way Mohammed Ali changed his name from Cassius Clay. "Doesn't that prove he's a Muslim?" he asked me. Apparently the real birth certificate that in 2009 the Republican Gov of Hawaii and the Republican Legislature and the hospital and the 2 newspapers with the birth announcements were in this together. However, they all used the name "Barack Hussein Obama, II" so how could his "real" given name be Barry? It's mind boggling.
Jesus Christ could have videotaped Barack Obama's birth in Hawaii and the ridiculous birther idiots would question that too.

Old 03-17-2012, 10:24 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times
Cassius Clay is a muslim and became one when he changed his name. The muslim religion believes Obama is a muslim.

Old 03-17-2012, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Cassius Clay is a muslim and became one when he changed his name. The muslim religion believes Obama is a muslim.
Exactly my point. Barack Obama is his given name and he never changed it. He is also a Christian. (not that it matters)

Regarding what the Muslims believe, that's also a bunch of garbage. It's sad that Billy Graham's son needs to spread so much hate when his father was such an admirable man. He's using his last name to get recognition from the religious right. Guess it's working!

By the way, although it isn't true, let's say President Obama was a Muslim at one time. So what? Muslims have died fighting for our country and mothers have buried their sons who prayed in mosques. President Bush always said that the so-called "war on terror" was never an anti-Islamic fight. Anyway, if you are Christian, why does it matter what other people think or say if someone has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ? Why does our President need to prove his faith to anyone?

Edit: I want to add that I believe in the separation of church and state. I was born & raised in a Jewish home, so anyone who is telling me the President of the United States has to go to his or her church to be legitimate, is also telling me I have no right to vote or be in a position of leadership.

Last edited by justNancy; 03-17-2012 at 10:41 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies