Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2012, 12:18 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Cool -- so I wouldn't have to feel like I was working in a daycare in your office? Great.
I don't get it.. being an adult to me , means you are mature mentally.. ok.. if you are a teen and want to say a curse word ,, thinking you are now an adult. Now doesn't it seem that we should put childish things away and really move on to be a mature minded person who doesn't have to curse as if they makes them feel like an adult.. I don't get it..

West. here is a link about Johnny Cash..

In Asbury Park, he walked the line | NJ.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2012, 12:20 AM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,110,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Yes, Really gives a really classy look to the presidency. We hear all the time from his supporters how Christian Barack Obama is.

Really make it kind of slimey to know the kind of people Obama attracts at his fundraisers.. low lifers .

Obama is famous for giving the bird to Hillary , Mc Cain and others.
Oh come on. One thing we know is that GW is a Christian. I'm not being sarcastic, I truly believe he is. However, he was "caught" using the F word a couple of times himself, remember? Get a grip.

Old 03-17-2012, 12:21 AM

30,353 posts, read 51,937,226 times
Quote:
What's wrong with truck drivers, anyways? They are an important part of the supply chain for most goods. Why is sounding like them such a horrible thing? I'd rather sound like them than an 80 year old church lady.
Hell f'in yeah!!

P.S. Even my 95 year-old grandmother uses the f-word sometimes... LOL.

Old 03-17-2012, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
So leave our free will alone, and worry about your own... or does this freedom only apply to RRWNJs? And do you support censorship?
Oh, you have your standards.. I see them by your posts. I just have a higher regard for what the presidency should be and have a standard that should reflect of what our Country stands for.

Old 03-17-2012, 12:23 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,643,558 times
Quote:
I don't get it.. being an adult to me , means you are mature mentally.. ok.. if you are a teen and want to say a curse word ,, thinking you are now an adult. Now doesn't it seem that we should put childish things away and really move on to be a mature minded person who doesn't have to curse as if they makes them feel like an adult.. I don't get it..

West. here is a link about Johnny Cash..

In Asbury Park, he walked the line | NJ.com
I don't curse around people who feel how you do, T. I have no desire to offend. I think it's ridiculous for you to get upset that Cee Lo said a few F words tonight though. I'm sure Johnny Cash would much rather hear someone say F than hear someone question another's character for saying it. He was a good Christain. One could do a lot worse than following Cash as he followed Christ. Jesus was a working man. If you think he took great pains to not sound like a truck driver, you're fooling yourself. I don't think he minded sounding like he worked for a living.

Old 03-17-2012, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Oh come on. One thing we know is that GW is a Christian. I'm not being sarcastic, I truly believe he is. However, he was "caught" using the F word a couple of times himself, remember? Get a grip.
I don't know about Bush. I didn't thrill over him.

Old 03-17-2012, 12:25 AM

30,353 posts, read 51,937,226 times
Quote:
What you don't get is that it's just a word, and most people don't "need" to use it - they just do, because it happens to suit the moment or mood. An adult wouldn't make such a big deal about it, or deem somebody a low-life for using a freakin' word. Adults, especially self-proclaimed religious adults, should know better than to judge.

Old 03-17-2012, 12:26 AM

22,187 posts, read 19,459,426 times
Quote:
I don't curse around people who feel how you do, T. I have no desire to offend. I think it's ridiculous for you to get upset that Cee Lo said a few F words tonight though. I'm sure Johnny Cash would much rather hear someone say F than hear someone question another's character for saying it. He was a good Christain. One could do a lot worse than following Cash as he followed Christ. Jesus was a working man. If you think he took great pains to not sound like a truck driver, you're fooling yourself. I don't think he minded sounding like he worked for a living.
Hell Dick Cheney told a Senator to go F Himself on the Senate Floor for asking about Halliburton...

LML

7,100 posts, read 9,110,516 times
How about this?
President Bush Curses On Tape - CBS News Video
or this? hVice President Dick Cheney doesn't own the market on swearwords like the F-bomb he dropped on Vermont Democrat Patrick Leahy. Turns out President Bush has quite the mouth, following in a rich tradition of cussing presidents. "He uses the 'F' word as an adjective, a verb, and a noun," says one adviser. Ditto for the "S" word. But not often in anger. "It's more conversational," adds the insider, "like how guys talk." In a White House that prides itself on self-control, Bush doesn't swear much in the Oval Office and never in front of his wife or new acquaintances. "It's less in the Oval than other places. The more relaxed he gets, the more he uses it," another associate says. A Clinton-Gore aide says Bubba and his veep did the same. "They were very mindful of where they were," says the aide. Like past presidents, Bush is unapologetic about his cussing. In fact, when Democrats called on Cheney to apologize to Leahy, whom he crudely put down last month, it was Bush who blocked him. "Bush said, 'You said it, so don't back away from it,' " an associate saysttp://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1165753/posts

Quote:
I have a higher standard of what our country and presidency should stand for and I see the morals of it slipping away. And it goes much deeper than that. I am concerned for the country as a whole.. I do believe we are in the last days . Call me a loony toon. I happen to know too much and realize much more than most.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies