Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2012, 12:49 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Since you didn't answer me before, I'll ask again - are you proposing and/or supporting censorship? And how does using this word (in a song about seeing your ex with your friend, and telling them to "get lost") make somebody less of a role model? Not that Cee-Lo was necessarily a good role model to begin with, but from what I know about him he seems like a fine fellow.
If man is left to do what they want eventually they will do anything they can conceivably think of doing or saying no matter how raunchy. There is censorship in many areas already. People do things in private that are unlawful and the mind can be lead to unlimited hellish behavior..
Don't you read the head lines?

I just have a higher standard for what I expect from people. I know what they can be.. take the high road .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2012, 12:50 AM

Quote:
As I said earlier, my 95 year-old grandmother curses openly... it's not like every sentence, but she's known to throw in the f-bomb or s-word not infrequently. My old Rabbi, who I know on a personal level (he's married to my best friend's mother), is also guilty of cursing outside of the temple setting. Whoops!!
I don't find that at all. Even if someone gets mad, they argue about the topic with no curse words... just what is the difference and the reasoning comes in.

Old 03-17-2012, 12:52 AM

Quote:
As I said earlier, my 95 year-old grandmother curses openly... it's not like every sentence, but she's known to throw in the f-bomb or s-word not infrequently. And my old Rabbi, who I know on a personal level (he's married to my best friend's mother), is also guilty of cursing outside of the temple setting. Whoops!!

If the OP could be a fly on the wall of her friends/family/etc, I bet they would be rather surprised at who says & does what. Seriously surprised in some cases, I imagine.
No.. that is not the case at all.. it just is not a part of their thought pattern. I have known them for years..

Old 03-17-2012, 12:54 AM

22,187 posts, read 19,462,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
If man is left to do what they want eventually they will do anything they can conceivably think of doing or saying no matter how raunchy. There is censorship in many areas already. People do things in private that are unlawful and the mind can be lead to unlimited hellish behavior..

I just have a higher standard for what I expect from people. I know what they can be.. take the high road .
When you question the character of those who happen to utter curse words or listen to musicians who curse that isn't exactly taking the high road....

Old 03-17-2012, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
When the hell are heroes judged by if they listen to musicians who curse or if they curse themselves??
That is it. no heroes today. Well, yes, Te bow..

Old 03-17-2012, 01:02 AM

30,353 posts, read 51,942,966 times
Quote:
That is it. no heroes today. Well, yes, Te bow..
I'd bet even your beloved Tebow has uttered a curse word... and guess what? That wouldn't make him any more or less of a good person, at least not to those of us who understand word choices don't define a person.

Old 03-17-2012, 01:04 AM

Quote:
A low-life in their mind is anyone who uses words THEY deem "x-rated," or who doesn't follow all of THEIR standards & beliefs... doesn't matter if they are a good person at heart, well-educated, intelligent, caring, thoughtful, generous, hardworking, honest, etc. Just putting those four letters together into a word cancels out everything else, and automatically makes them a low-life! What was that Jesus said about using the f-word again? Oh yeah, nothing.
Jesus would call them a sinner. They are not saved by accepting Jesus.. all the good works will not make anyone a Christian. It is receiving the Holy Spirit of God through Jesus Christ. Being a good person does not get one to heaven. It is being washed by the blood of Christ as the passover lamb .

If one wants to take the low road they are the low lifers. If they want to know Jesus and follow him , then they must take up the cross and follow him.

Old 03-17-2012, 01:05 AM

Quote:
No.. that is not the case at all.. it just is not a part of their thought pattern. I have known them for years..
If you're right, so what? You guys don't ever use a curse word, that's your choice... still doesn't mean you're better than anyone else, no matter how you spin it. But knowing somebody for years doesn't mean you know everything they say & do behind closed doors! I thought I knew my parents well, until certain personal details came out during their divorce.

Old 03-17-2012, 01:05 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,833,234 times
Quote:

The thread title says he sang the x rated song. The link does not.
. Cee Lo Green Sings ‘F*** You’ at Obama Fundraiser - ABC News

Nm found it... he started with the F you version then switched to clean.
Cee Lo Green Sings ‘F*** You’ at Obama Fundraiser - ABC News

At an earlier fundraiser today, the president was interrupted by a “Ludacris” song when someone’s phone started ringing.
“Woah. Got some ‘Luda’ on there?” the president asked of the person’s ring tone, eliciting some hearty laughter from the crowd. “I hope it’s the clean version.”

P.S. The President has ordered men to be killed. That makes him a murderer.
You're saying a murderer should not have people sing F you at fundraisers and I find that fascinating. Do Christians usually have people killed in foreign countries? This one does. Was it based on God's plan? Or man's. Jesus said we should forgive 7 X 70 times. Obama just blasts 'em.

In other words, you're saying he's a Christian and complaining about his values, when it's pretty obvious that he's not very much like Jesus.

Old 03-17-2012, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Jesus would call them a sinner. They are not saved by accepting Jesus.. all the good works will not make anyone a Christian. It is receiving the Holy Spirit of God through Jesus Christ. Being a good person does not get one to heaven. It is being washed by the blood of Christ as the passover lamb .

If one wants to take the low road they are the low lifers. If they want to know Jesus and follow him , then they must take up the cross and follow him.
Your preaching is wasted on me, especially given my Jewish beliefs & upbringing... so please, save it for church!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies