Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 07:37 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,593,556 times

Advertisements

Interesting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2012, 07:39 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,806,382 times
No its not. It must also demand the international community to join hands and regulate speculation which is a part of the problem. Germany tried it in 2008, and that attempt fell on deaf ears.

Old 03-13-2012, 07:44 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,366,177 times
O says we cannot increase production HERE to decrease prices. But Saudi Arabia can increase production THERE to decrease prices.

His agenda is GREEN and only GREEN, no matter the cost to the country and it's citizens.

This man knows NOTHING about business. Pure and simple.

And NO, I don't condone subsidies for oil companies. But, take that total and lay out the distributions to the oil companies and it's not really a huge factor.

Market manipulation is where it's at and he has enough manipulators on his payroll to control that.

Old 03-13-2012, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
O says we cannot increase production HERE to decrease prices. But Saudi Arabia can increase production THERE to decrease prices.
Only a "conservative" believes that when production is at an all-time high, demand is low and oil is being exported, that producing is a great idea. I bet these includes pretty much every "fiscal conservative" around here.

Quote:
His agenda is GREEN and only GREEN, no matter the cost to the country and it's citizens.
Everybody's should be.

Quote:
This man knows NOTHING about business. Pure and simple.
Yep. We need fascism... businessmen know better and will always work in the best interests of the people.

And it takes a businessman to realize when you've a surplus, you produce more so you can sell your product at a discounted price. No?

Old 03-13-2012, 07:51 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,471,329 times
hmmm

obama in 2007/8....bush is to blame for high gas prices

obama in 2012......the president (himself) has no control of gas prices

hmmm

price of gas when obama took over $1.83.....now $3.83

Old 03-13-2012, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
hmmm

obama in 2007/8....bush is to blame for high gas prices

obama in 2012......the president (himself) has no control of gas prices

hmmm

price of gas when obama took over $1.83.....now $3.83
What about you? Do you blame Obama?

You could, however, as I did... if you're talking about not doing enough to address speculation. Bush was opposed to the idea, Obama isn't but needs to push for it.

Old 03-13-2012, 08:04 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,471,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
What about you? Do you blame Obama?

You could, however, as I did... if you're talking about not doing enough to address speculation. Bush was opposed to the idea, Obama isn't but needs to push for it.
nope I dont blame the potus....none of them

but I do simply state the SOME.. POLICY/LAW..that comes from not only DC but the states also.... does effect the prices that the consumer will feel....ie you raise the federal (or state) gas tax..the consumer will feel it...you have a bill/law like cap&trade the cumsumer will feel it

obama HIMSELF stated that the now defunked bill capped "cap and trade' aka cap and tax. would have raised prices

Old 03-13-2012, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
nope I dont blame the potus....none of them

but I do simply state the SOME.. POLICY/LAW..that comes from not only DC but the states also.... does effect the prices that the consumer will feel....ie you raise the federal (or state) gas tax..the consumer will feel it...you have a bill/law like cap&trade the cumsumer will feel it

obama HIMSELF stated that the now defunked bill capped "cap and trade' aka cap and tax. would have raised prices
An assumption of "would have" is not to be confused with "did". You know that, though, no? Just accept that you came here to blame Obama (you already did in your first post, by quoting prices between him taking office and now). That is "conservative" mind at work.

Old 03-13-2012, 08:14 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times
So the propaganda team set up a blame graph, go figure.

It takes an extremely weak personality to immediately start blaming everyone else when things start to go wrong. I can only imagine what his two children get fed when the pancakes are burnt, the dishes aren't done or there is no toilet paper on the holder. I bet Obama goes into a raging finger-pointing fury.

Old 03-13-2012, 08:16 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Wait! Why is the White House doing this? Aren't the liberals claiming there's nothing at all that Obama can do about the economy and fuel prices?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies