Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 12:41 AM

4,042 posts, read 3,527,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Americans kill their own kids all the time. And bla bla bla to everything else you posted. This was all a disgusting read.

Sure, every nation has some nutters that kill their own family members, but the Muslims have it on a large scale as part of their belief system that it's okay to do so. Big difference~
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2012, 01:05 AM

29,407 posts, read 21,994,436 times
Quote:
Americans kill their own kids all the time. And bla bla bla to everything else you posted. This was all a disgusting read.
Yes my neighbors killed all thier children for dating someone who wasn't their religion. Happens all the time. Guy around the corner beheaded his kid for dropping his koran on the ground and cut his other kids hands off for slipping a twenty out of his wallet.

Old 03-18-2012, 02:11 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,119,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I'm really sick of these third world scumbags crying rivers of tears everytime something like this happens. If they don't want armed foreign troops in their country, maybe they should get their house in order and behave more like humans and less like animals.

How about raising their children properly so they don't grow up to be terrorists? Seems like a simple solution.

This thing is a casualty of war, it's always happened as long as occupying armies have been in foreign countries. These are not robots, they are humans with feelings and vulnerabilities. And they are heavily armed.
You should be ashamed of this post.

Old 03-18-2012, 03:49 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,512,857 times
Only read the first page of post.

If it were 15 to 20 American soldiers committing this crime then there would be far more dead and wounded. How many rounds of ammo does one soldier carry in addition to grenades? Per hand gun alone is about 15 shots in one magazine.

Old 03-18-2012, 03:57 AM

If McCain had been elected instead of Obama then the press would still be beating the drums to bring our troops home. When Obama was elected, the press shut up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
you don't have to be a liberal to see this as a tragedy for everyone involved.

i can't imagine the kind of pain and anguish you would feel seeing your family massacred in front of you. (probably to be supplanted by anger later on, after the grief)

you don't have to be a liberal or a conservative to see that this is not the road to worldwide peace.

are we influencing people in a positive way with this kind of action in foreign countries? what do people expect? the guy involved had had a brain injury, had previous anger management counseling, lost part of his foot in the war, and somehow the military decided that he should continually be deployed.

when is it enough?

may i add again that our media is NOT HELPFUL WHEN WE STILL HAVE SOLDIERS DEPLOYED.

these wars are a disgrace.

what kind of a life might that soldier have had if he not had to fight undeclared wars, and what does he have now? what about the poor families of the murdered victims? will obama reach into his "compensation fund" and give them some money as "compensation"?

our military "leadership" is a disgrace.

Old 03-18-2012, 04:01 AM

Quote:
We don't kill daughters for being seen with someone the family doesn't approve of, for becoming more western, or for having the audacity to get raped. Most of the time when a parent kills their own child here it's because of a mental breakdown or after birth depression.

Old 03-18-2012, 04:35 AM

2,765 posts, read 2,791,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Show me where I said that please. I said I think the Afghans are lying about 15 to 20 troops killing the people. I suppose it would be easy for liberals to believe such a thing.
Our troops seem to have no problem pissing on Afgani dead in groups. Or shooting Afgani teenagers off motorcycles in groups. Or driving their fellow soldier to suicide in groups. Or torturing Iraqi prisoners in groups. Or throwing puppies off cliffs in groups. Or raping their fellow females in uniform in groups. Or covering up incidents of friendly fire in groups.

So why not kill Afgani children in groups? It's certainly plausible based on our military's record.

Old 03-18-2012, 08:17 AM

25,838 posts, read 16,513,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
who looks like the terrorists now?

that's the point, isn't it.

we need to get OUT of these countries and then they won't be able to use us for propaganda purposes to recruit future terrorists.

i am surprised that as an american you don't have more sympathy for the innocents who were murdered. i have empathy for both a man who was clearly pushed beyond what he could reasonably handle, and also for families who were NOT terrorists --but simply murdered in their own homes.

they have feelings too, even if they don't have weapons.
I totally agree. Time for Great Britain or France or Germany to step up and be the world's police again for a while. Let them subject their soldiers to combat patrols 7 days a week with the fear of snipers and IED's around every corner. See how long they stand up and keep their sanity.

Old 03-18-2012, 08:22 AM

25,838 posts, read 16,513,155 times
And to clarify, of course I feel bad for the children. Just like I feel bad for the thousands upon thousands of children killed in Germany in WWII by indiscriminate bombing. War is terrible that's why it should be stopped. I feel bad for the soldier who did the killing and I cannot imagine what he went through that made him snap like this.

I really don't care if some of you were offended, you just didn't understand my point. America has become War Inc. We have to stop the presidents from having the right to carry on these military operations in foreign lands without our specific approval.

You can rip this soldier all you want but he represents YOU and YOU should be held accountable for his actions, we all should.

Old 03-18-2012, 10:53 AM

679 posts, read 660,548 times
Wow, I can't comprehend the bigotry in this thread. Perhaps we should bomb Kansas and see what they think of it, considering most of the moronic rhetoric is coming from Kansas posters.

KUchief, its people like you who make me ashamed to be in this country sometimes, try understanding the world a little bit better and try not to make such sweeping generalizations of an entire country and try to brush up on your history as well and understand that we armed the Taliban to fight off the Russians and are in power right now because they are the most supported group in the region.

How do you think they are capable of gaining power and support? Have you ever seen the video of women and villagers willingly cooking and treating wounds of Taliban soldiers?

That is their country and their land, they do no like outsiders coming in and bombing them and killing civilians. AKA the USA and NATO.

I mean christ try to grow a brain and view things without the American Exceptionalism pounded into your head. Its called being educated and informed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies