U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2012, 10:35 AM

5,036 posts, read 4,922,702 times

Advertisements

I have to say, I am very surprised she did this video. Not something I would expect. Will she work and push her mom and liberals to change the system? Probably not but Im still glad she did this.

‘You’re Going to Have The Left-Wing Feeding Frenzy’: Alexandra Pelosi‘s Latest Video Hits ’Welfare Queens‘ Who Just Want Their ’Obama Bucks’ | Video | TheBlaze.com

Alexandra Pelosi makes DEMOCRATS LOOK BAD ( New York City Voters ) - YouTube

Notice very few laughs from the audience. Hard to tell why. Is it because they are upset that welfare queens exist or are they upset that this was exposed further?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2012, 10:44 AM

3,078 posts, read 4,188,140 times
Put her together with McCain's daughter and there is hope for both parties.

Old 03-17-2012, 10:51 AM

41,306 posts, read 43,223,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
I have to say, I am very surprised she did this video. Not something I would expect. Will she work and push her mom and liberals to change the system? Probably not but Im still glad she did this.

‘You’re Going to Have The Left-Wing Feeding Frenzy’: Alexandra Pelosi‘s Latest Video Hits ’Welfare Queens‘ Who Just Want Their ’Obama Bucks’ | Video | TheBlaze.com

Alexandra Pelosi makes DEMOCRATS LOOK BAD ( New York City Voters ) - YouTube

Notice very few laughs from the audience. Hard to tell why. Is it because they are upset that welfare queens exist or are they upset that this was exposed further?
Since the week before she did the stereotypical toothless "rednecks" down in MS, she thought it fair to do the other side. Democrat leeches sucking on the taxpayer.

I like the guy talking about getting obama cash.

Old 03-17-2012, 10:51 AM

3,347 posts, read 2,951,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post
Put her together with McCain's daughter and there is hope for both parties.

Uhhh.... no

The only chance for either party is for someone like Eisenhower for the Reps or Kennedy for the Dems to be reincarnated

We need to presidents who actually want the country to move forward as my examples did

Not vapid morons who only say things trying to get attention (especially mccains daughter)

Old 03-17-2012, 11:04 AM

6,941 posts, read 9,189,477 times
I thought everybody knew blue states do a better job at redistributing the wealth.

Conservative states do a poor job at handing out social safety nets.

I've heard many New Yorkers say that some people find it better off just staying home and receiving welfare. It's better than busting your arse in a minimum wage position.

You can't do the same in most red states.

Old 03-17-2012, 11:23 AM

20,185 posts, read 22,726,663 times
Alexandria Pelosi is a smart person, she points out the clear problem, there are too much entitlements on both sides of the political spectrum... The military, large corporations, the environmentalists, the poor, the average American, etc etc... She asks the questions but the problem is the answers she receives is a bunch of BS excuses... even Maher was making excuses that were complete BS... and the BS stank...

Old 03-17-2012, 11:34 AM

14,810 posts, read 15,548,244 times
A few weeks ago, on The Five, Bob Beckel admitted that Democrats had made a mistake a few decades ago by passing legislation that has created the enormous welfare state we have today that allows for the abuses we see in Alexandra Pelosi's interviews. I don't know if this kind of entitlement mentality can ever be reversed and it's a problem for everyone who is tired of supporting those who have reached adulthood without a work ethic.

Old 03-17-2012, 11:42 AM

5,036 posts, read 4,922,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
A few weeks ago, on The Five, Bob Beckel admitted that Democrats had made a mistake a few decades ago by passing legislation that has created the enormous welfare state we have today that allows for the abuses we see in Alexandra Pelosi's interviews. I don't know if this kind of entitlement mentality can ever be reversed and it's a problem for everyone who is tired of supporting those who have reached adulthood without a work ethic.
The problem is that since we even created the welfare state, its hard to take it away. Not saying liberals want to, because they know they NEED victims to win elections. They need these people.
If they truly want to make this country better, you can start with a major overhaul of the welfare process. As you can see, able bodied people clearly taking advantage. Everyone knows it exists but sadly, many liberals in politics use it strictly for votes and wont dare try and do the right thing.

Old 03-17-2012, 08:03 PM

5,801 posts, read 6,208,080 times
You're absolutely correct; it's also downright infuriating.

Old 03-17-2012, 08:11 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,525,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post
Put her together with McCain's daughter and
... Grab the garlic!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies