Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2012, 09:43 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post

Thank you, FY. No stab wound to Zimmerman, and the killing is described as a homicide, manslaughter, unnecessary death. It becomes ever more difficult to make excuses for Zimmerman.

Old 03-23-2012, 09:44 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,701,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Here was Obama's response: Obama: 'If I had a son, he would look like' Trayvon Martin - chicagotribune.com

I thought it was great. To me, it demonstrates a huge difference between Obama and Romney which is that Obama at least can appear to be in touch with the average American while Romney has difficulty doing this.

Yes I agree. President Obama is one of the best Panderer in Chiefs that has ever been in office. Heck Even Bill Clinton comes in second to this whoremonger.

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
There are loads of tensions between the Hispanic and Black communities. Just because someone is Hispanic doesn't mean that he wasn't motivated by race. The dude also pretty much gave himself away on the phone with his racist cracks.
Did you hear the audio of those calls? There NO racist cracks! Do you just believe what someone tells you or do you research it yourself? Sounds like you do the former.

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
More whites voted for him than blacks as well. Makes sense that most blacks voted for him since the Republicans have long since decided that their party would be the one that appeals to the vilest of the racists.
Actually, more whites voted for McCain. So therefore we can conclude that you think the majority of Whites in this country are "vile racists". Interesting.

Local Exit Polls - Election Center 2008 - Elections & Politics from CNN.com

Old 03-23-2012, 09:46 AM

994 posts, read 725,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I was wrong then. I'm surprised he found it necessary. Strange things happen in an election year.
Well I wouldn't say you were wrong exactly. If you read his comments they are very neutral. He didn't exactly chime in the way he did over the Gates situation a couple years ago. He pretty much voted "present" on this one.

Old 03-23-2012, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I was wrong then. I'm surprised he found it necessary. Strange things happen in an election year.
This will be the day Obama lost the election. He's also poisoned the jury pool. No charges can be brought against Zimmerman now.

Old 03-23-2012, 09:49 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,846,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
How where they treated badly, I don't see it.
Whattttttttttttttttttttttt?
Imagine your son or daughter have been gunned down by a 'wannabee" cop.
Imagine waiting for your child to return from the store and waiting and waiting and waiting.
Imagine having to contact the Police to report your child missing and then being visited by local cops to tell you that they are dead from a shooting.
Imagine knowing that your child had a cell phone and yet the police could not even be bothered to contact you about your child's death.
Imagine having the person who shot your child walking around free because of just his story of 'self defence" even though there is no evidence to back that up.
Imagine Imagine that you would say.... "hey that is OK, I have lost my child but no investigation is needed"..............................
YOU would be jumping up and down demanding justice and saying that you were treaed badly..... unless you didn't care about your family..........

Old 03-23-2012, 09:50 AM

9,598 posts, read 16,566,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Yes I agree. President Obama is one of the best Panderer in Chiefs that has ever been in office. Heck Even Bill Clinton comes in second to this whoremonger.
What part of his answer did you not like? He was asked by a reporter. Do you believe who should have said, "No comment"?

Old 03-23-2012, 09:51 AM

5,528 posts, read 7,493,477 times
This is going to turn into another Rodney King riots type but worse If this fat lard isn't convicted.

Old 03-23-2012, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardsyzzurphands View Post
The issue at hand here is why Zimmerman followed this young man in the first place. Lets say you were being followed by someone who had at least 70 lbs on you and you know for a fact you were not doing anything illegal....would you not be annoyed? Also did Trayvon not have the right to self defense himself?

Not one shred of evidence points towards Trayvon seeking out Mr. Zimmerman, if he had heeded the Police Dispatchers advice to "stay away" and allowed the Police to do their job, none of this would have happened.

Also why are people ignoring that even Republican Lawmakers in Florida who sponsored this law are saying it does not apply to George Zimmerman (Florida lawmakers behind Stand Your Ground law says it does not apply to George Zimmerman | GantDaily.com)

Anyone who says that this is self defense is in complete denial.
You can follow anyone you like. You just can't stalk or threatened them. Zimmerman did neither.

Trayvon had the right to self defense but he doesn't have the right to sneak up on someone following him and punch them in the back of the head. Once he did that it was on.

If someone is pursuing you and you've successfully dodged them why would you go back and strike them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies