Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2012, 12:12 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,208,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Not surprised you'd rep a veiled threat. Trayvon is no more or less a victim than the thousands of black men gunned down by other black men each year. Why aren't their deaths a "tipping point".
I beg to differ. Trayvon is indeed more of a victim than many other black men who are gunned down. In fact, they are usually involved in gang and/or drug activity. If you live a dangerous life, chances are high that you will die as a result of it. It's a fact of life.

I'm sorry you are unable to make the distinction between Trayvon and a common criminal....but I'm not surprised.

Old 03-23-2012, 12:14 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,167,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptug101 View Post
Mitt Romney is going to struggle with this,because most republicans probably feel zimmerman was right
to kill Trevon,but most independents dont. I would not comment on this if I was Treyvon

Who in the world could think this was right? I don't think this issue is or should be political...period.

Old 03-23-2012, 12:16 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,319,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Are you guys aware the shooter is a hispanic, grew up in a multi-racial family?

George Zimmerman's father on Trayvon Martin: My son is not racist, did not confront Trayvon Martin - Orlando Sentinel
This means what? I have know people that are biracial and grew up with blacks and still can't stand them If this being the case why did he say "f--king c**ns" ?

Old 03-23-2012, 12:17 PM

9,007 posts, read 13,838,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
How do you know?

That must be it...those racist jews and hispanics are to blame.
Yes.
Mr Zimmerman can't claim he is Jewish,since that's passed on only if the Mom is Jewish.
A jewish mom and a Mexican dad= Jewish.
A Jewish dad and Meixan Mom =Mexican.

Don't believe me,go ask on the religion forum or the geanology forum.

Old 03-23-2012, 12:18 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
I am so glad that our President has decided to get involved in a local crime. I hope he spends days or even weeks on this one. Every hour spent doing another person's job is one more hour the he wont have to increase government spending.

The other funny thing is 114 pages of posts on this topic by people who don't know the facts. But that doesn't stop them from forming a (prejudiced) opinion.
Involved? His Justice Department is involved. He gave a beautiful speech after the Gaby Giffords incident on this type of issue because that is what leaders do. You should read a few post back about how Bush inserted himself into the Terri Schiavo case. One would imagine he was too busy bankrupting the nation.

Old 03-23-2012, 12:19 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,781,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
There are other discussions on this subject where I've already posted a lot, but I want to mention that at least a dozen other states have this law. I'm not saying I agree with it at all, but don't blame Florida as much as that particular police department. I mean, are you saying New York has no corruption and nothing to be embarrassed about? Puhleeze! I'm from Boston and I've been in NYC several times. Don't tell me there's no racism there.
What did you see Nancy? This?

OLD RACIST BLACK LADY CURSING OUT WHITE FOLKS ON TRAIN! - YouTube
Every thursday the nutjobs the shrinks can't hold because "they aren't a danger to themselves" get released from Bellvue. Unlike Florida she is NOT welcome to own a firearm in the state of NY. Note how most ignored the hell out of her? Note the hoodie kid voted with his feet by keeping his back to her the entire time? Note how her accent doesn't seem to be from around these parts? Note her linguistic skills peg somewhere around 3rd grade? Note most of her retardation can be attributed directly to psycho AKA Maddox? Suppose there's a reason he's barred from practicing law in NY?

Fact: Much of NYC is from around the country and around the globe. Somehow the overwhelming majority of 9+ million folks showing up for work get along every day of the week. We don't sweep things under the rug. If there's corruption anywhere in NY we have a culture that encourages people to report it immediately without fear of reprisal and when the law gets called they're expected to conduct themselves professionally with due process. Most importantly, this psycho woman isn't permitted in any office of authority. Fact: She's not fit to wipe her own behind let alone be a dog catcher. Fact: The only one who'd invest 3 seconds of their time on her was a white woman. Everyone else wrote her off as trash because she's acting like trash.

Quote:
What about the unarmed man who was shot over 50 times by cops and they were acquitted!
Amadou Diallo shooting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia The case was NOT covered up. The case WAS investigated thoroughly and impartially. The mixed race jury acquitting the officers did NOT in ANY WAY mean that Amadou deserved anything he got that day. It meant the circumstances & poor training of these officers culminated to a grievous error in judgment. The civil case announced that clearly. The changes in police procedure, disbanding of the street crimes unit, the demands across the board for police brutality be addressed were heard and dealt with. How can you even begin to compare the 2 cases? This is desperate.

Quote:
Also, the Stand Your Ground law has nothing to do with this case, it's an excuse by a corrupt and inept police department. Once George Zimmerman chased Traynor Martin, he lost that defense. He was told to stay in his vehicle and chose to go after him, so he cannot possibly say he felt threatened by the teenager.
If there's corruption anywhere in NY we have a culture that encourages people to report it immediately without fear of reprisal and when the law gets called they're expected to conduct themselves professionally with due process.
What's Florida's problem? Too busy saving face? Should it really take the whole rest of the country to embarrass the bejezzus out of y'all to clean this crappioca up? Or are you content rounding up the usual suspects forever and wondering why the real crooks get by forever?

Quote:
Although I agree with some of what you wrote in your post, it's not that way in all of Florida. For example, if you look at the FBI statistic for both Sanford and Cape Coral

Sanford, pop 53,000 - violent crime rating 6.

Cape Coral, pop 155,000 - violent crime rating 3.

In other words, a city with less than 1/3 the population has twice the crime.
Yes, the law has tripled the number of so-called justifiable homicides, but blame the NRA and Jeb Bush. I honestly don't think Zimmerman was thinking about this at all when he followed Traynor Martin. He profiled him, followed him, and shot a teenager to death because he's an overzealous, cop wannabe who never thought anyone would care this much. The police department is corrupt too. I've posted too much already, but I don't like all this FL bashing as if there aren't problems in other states. It's just too hot for me most of the time!
It's great you're being open and looking for the truth. That's a start but it needs to happen on a bigger scale than just one blogger from Florida.

This isn't about bashing Florida. It's about Florida OWNING it's problems LOCALLY by confronting them where they are as they are and get to work fixing it AS A COMMUNITY. The rest of us don't decide what your values are, but when they're utterly absent, it does become everyones problem. It's ridiculous at this late date in history the Feds have to babysit imbeciles. It's ridiculous at this late date in history the Federal gov't has to kick Rick Scott in the head to get him off his ass, and even when he does, it's disingenuous.

On a national scale NRA wants guns in all the wrong hands. Jeb Bush just like Rick Scott wants to dine on dysfunction. It's the only way they know how to make a living. How can you not see that pill mill problem going on in Florida today has a slime trail leading all the way to Solantic, Pharmaca, and "health network" propaganda Rick Scott has orchestrated in the state? He bought the job he's in right now for $78 million and you think it didn't pay dividends in spades? He's practically first cousin of the Bush clan and duke of Fox propaganda. I can't believe y'all would be so blind to elect him and expect a different outcome.

Old 03-23-2012, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonaos View Post
You only have to look at George Zimmerman to know that his mother is not a White-Hispanic...If she was White and his father is white then he would clearly be White. White-Hispanic people look White, full stop...You would not be able to tell a White-Hispanic apart from a German or a Irish person. There are plenty of White-Hispanics here in Miami and at first glance you think they are Anglo-Saxon white until you speak with them.

George Zimmerman is clearly a mixed race individual, probably half Native American if I had to guess.
Doesn't matter what he looks like. There are plenty of black people who are very light in complexion. Does that mean they are white?

Your position is pretty ridiculous.

And you have yet to say what race Zimmerman is since you don't believe he is white. Is he black? Asian?

Old 03-23-2012, 12:20 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,416,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover 21 View Post
Well, I read the link (thank you) and what you posted. It says there were a lot of break-ins but I couldn't find where the perpetrators were identified as black anywhere in the story.

Based on several friends and acquiantances testimony, I don't think Zimmerman was racist. However, I'm pretty sure you are.
You have to read between the lines a mainstram newspaper is not going to openly identify black suspects (if you were around last summer there was a big to do about how papers in Chicago would refuse to identify dangerous black flash mobs by race).

There are a number of comments that could easily point one to conclude the culprits were Black. The comment by the Black neighbor who has taken to staying indoors because he didn;t want to be mistaken for a criminal. He himself admitted the criminals were Black.

Then there is the neighbor who said the development went donhill because of the foreclosure cisis and homeowners renting to "gangsters and lowlives"

I'm familiar with the dynamic that is taking place in the development. marginally upwardly mobile Black folks move into an area. They themselves maybe ok but then they invite their buddies and relatives from the hood and things start to go missing. Arguments increase and shootings.

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Sammy Davis Junior?
Martin Sheen?

Last names have nothing to do with it.
Either way,the guy is still racist,and he used the word "coon" as a racist term.
True. Davis' mom was a Sanchez, and Sheen's real name is Estevez. One's black, one's white, but both are Cuban.

Zimmerman has a white father, a Hispanic mom, and fact is that he could - could - be a straight-up racist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Read the article he has caught several of them before. Have a nice day.
You can usually find police documentation to back up claims of crime. Especially if it is rampant as you suggest. Do you have this proof...or does it only exist in your head?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies