Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2012, 12:35 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,452,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonaos View Post
Apparently alot of people care since the VERY first news reports were headlines with -

WHITE neighborhood watch man kills BLACK boy.

So get out of here with your "race doesnt matter" garbage. A White man did not kill that black kid - a Latino did. If white people were not framed as the EVIL people from day 1 in this case by the media there would be alot less white folks giving a hoot about the race in this case. But the media had to high light it was a White man as though it mattered so much...Turns out the killer is not white.

Blame the media for the race angle.
Then leave the race angle and don't argue it. You have a brain, turn it on.

The only thing that should be considered is that Zimmerman was a cowboy who thought he was going to save the day by shooting Trayvon.

Zimmerman stalked that kid in his automobile, got out and shot him dead.

Zimmerman took classes at the local junior college in "Criminal Justice" and made over 40 calls to 911 to report "suspicious activity" including neighbors who left their garage doors open in the complex. Tell me he wasn't on a mission to be an armchair cop?

And let's not forget the incompetence of the local law enforcement who sent a NARCOTICS investigator to a MURDER scene. No wonder the chief stepped down.

5,767 posts, read 5,014,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
I am so glad that our President has decided to get involved in a local crime. I hope he spends days or even weeks on this one. Every hour spent doing another person's job is one more hour the he wont have to increase government spending.

The other funny thing is 114 pages of posts on this topic by people who don't know the facts. But that doesn't stop them from forming a (prejudiced) opinion.

Here's the statement; it's hardly incendiary.

Obama Remarks on Trayvon Martin Case Video

18,630 posts, read 19,416,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonaos View Post
Apparently alot of people care since the VERY first news reports were headlines with -

WHITE neighborhood watch man kills BLACK boy.

So get out of here with your "race doesnt matter" garbage. A White man did not kill that black kid - a Latino did. If white people were not framed as the EVIL people from day 1 in this case by the media there would be alot less white folks giving a hoot about the race in this case. But the media had to high light it was a White man as though it mattered so much...Turns out the killer is not white.

Blame the media for the race angle.
Exactly the only reason this a newstory is the shooter is not Black and the victim was Black.

Old 03-23-2012, 12:36 PM

5,528 posts, read 7,492,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
In Jewish tradition the female bloodline is what confers "jewishness" by birth.

So if his mother is a practicing Jew, then the kid is considered Jewish even if the father is not.

If it's the other way around then the kid has to convert.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
No,it even says so in the bible.
Jewish lineage comes from Mom and not through the Dad.
To claim Jewish,your Mom has to be Jewish,not your Dad.
Go to the "Ask a Jew thread" on the religioun forum.
That's the same as Muslim/Christian, if the father (or mother) is Muslim, and the mother (or father) is Christian/Catholic, then the kid has to grow Muslim.

Religion is so pathetic.

Old 03-23-2012, 12:36 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,319,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
You have to read between the lines a mainstram newspaper is not going to openly identify black suspects (if you were around last summer there was a big to do about how papers in Chicago would refuse to identify dangerous black flash mobs by race).

There are a number of comments that could easily point one to conclude the culprits were Black. The comment by the Black neighbor who has taken to staying indoors because he didn;t want to be mistaken for a criminal. He himself admitted the criminals were Black.

Then there is the neighbor who said the development went donhill because of the foreclosure cisis and homeowners renting to "gangsters and lowlives"

I'm familiar with the dynamic that is taking place in the development. marginally upwardly mobile Black folks move into an area. They themselves maybe ok but then they invite their buddies and relatives from the hood and things start to go missing. Arguments increase and shootings.

Is this similiar to Bill Gates buying a mansion and then letting some of his trailor park trash move next door to him? Why don't you do us all a favor and keep your clueless racist rantings to yourself. Hey bright guy all blacks do not have "buddies from the hood".

Old 03-23-2012, 12:38 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,910,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Two out of two.
Right 2 out of 2...State legislation, my bad.

I don't want to hear any politician....I want to hear a lawyer break down this law.

Old 03-23-2012, 12:40 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,319,525 times
Quote:
He fit the profile of those robbing and shooting up the development. He was not a resident nor known prescence in the community. I'm not asserting he deserved death, that's absurd but I'm used to this emotional form of debate from Blacks and the non-Black leftist allies.

I am however asserting that Zimmerman had every right and reason to initially profile Trayvon. Obviously events took a tragic turn after that for reasons yet to be determined.

You really should take an aspirin or two, since your head has gotta hurt from so many of these

Oh by the way we have had a quite a few robberies as of late, you know bank rip offs and stolen mortages and there have been some shady looking white guys in suits and ties ...........Wheres is my gun?

Old 03-23-2012, 12:41 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,387,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
The pandering.

Better answer:

It is horrible and tragic when a young life is lost such as in the Travon case in Florida. A full and unbiased investigation should occur everytime a life is taken by another person. PERIOD, no need for comparison to his own daughters or race or background blah blah blah pandering.
It would have been CS of Obama, or any one aspiring to his office, to fail to remark on the racial aspects of this case.

Courageously confronting divisive issues is not the same thing as being divisive. I was proud of Obama today. The difference between him and Romney is getting starker by the minute.

Old 03-23-2012, 12:42 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,452,545 times
Zimmerman doesn't work, his wife works and the last job he had was 4 years ago working for Carmax.

He sits at home all day long with binoculars staring at the people in his complex and watching their lives and figured he'd play "homeland security cop" and patrol around.

What a douche.

Old 03-23-2012, 12:43 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,208,869 times
Quote:
I'm not going to summarize the article for you. It's on page two of the article I linked several times in this thread.

You should know by now I don't post facts without backup. It's simply not my style.
I read the article. I know what you're talking about. No where in this article is there police confirmation of crime sprees. You have provided no proof. Until you do, maybe you should stop harping on this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies