Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2012, 07:08 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
So, you don't care about the FACTS surrounding the ENTIRE incident????
If a person is large of stature it is okay to stalk them? Really? Is that what you are implying?

Old 03-23-2012, 07:11 PM

378 posts, read 704,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Really? This report says Zimmerman was on the ground with blood on his face and back of his head.

George Zimmerman's father on Trayvon Martin: My son is not racist, did not confront Trayvon Martin - Orlando Sentinel

The guy called the police BEFORE the shooting..sure sounds like a guy looking to gun down a black kid.

And he didn't let them come and take care of whatever situation he thought was going on, and exited the car with his gun to pursue the guy himself...sure sounds like a guy looking to confront the 'suspicious', 'on drugs' 'looking through windows' guy with the skittles and iced tea talking on the phone.

Also in regards to the witness collaboration - she didn't make a statement until three days later, and she lived in the same neighborhood as Zimmerman's family. Yeah, you can't say there isn't the possibility of witness tampering in that scenario. Not at all.

Next.

Last edited by Jeepchic; 03-23-2012 at 07:39 PM..

Old 03-23-2012, 07:11 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
Why not? They did the same thing with the Tucson shootings.

Its all about the Narrative.
I was thinking the same thing. Some of the reaction to this case reminds me a lot of the Tucson case. Definitely there is a segment of the left that is very quick to jump on a tragedy to grind a partisan axe. And logic be damned, if there is an emotional connection to be made, it appears that most of the left will go along. A few, Charles Blow for example, will not.

Old 03-23-2012, 07:12 PM

9,007 posts, read 13,839,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Low on facts here come the personal attacks. Self-hate?

I maybe Black but I don't belong to your ethnic or dysfunctional cultural group (I'm not understanding why Africn Americans are confused by this notion?)

I've long ago distanced myself from an African-American identification and embraced a Ghanaian American identity. I want to be associated with achievers not losers who live in the wealthiest country on the planet but whine about everything.
If you are so proud to be Ghanaian American,why are you so mad at a group that,if it weren't for the civil rights movement,your behind wouldn't be here?

And,Africa isn't exactly a safe haven,and Ghana is a third world country,isn't it?
You Africans are in your own darn countries and can't get it right,yet you expect a minority(12%) to?

You do know if you walked by a Klansman you would be called a ******?

Old 03-23-2012, 07:17 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
You do know if you walked by a Klansman you would be called a ******?
And if I walked through the hood I'd be called a *****

Old 03-23-2012, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I agree with you about this particular case and probably many others, but Florida is a very large state with over 18.5 million people. People on this forum are describing a lot of burglaries as if it's normal, but many areas are very safe. Unfortunately, the statistics are often related to money, but not always.
------------------------

One thing I'd like to point out to other posters here who don't live in FL is that more than half (probably 75%) of its residents are from another part of the country. So if they have backward or racist attitudes, they probably brought them here from Michigan, Ohio, Illinois or wherever they lived. I'm not too familiar with Central Florida, although I lived in Vero Beach for 6 months which is on the East Coast off of route 60, and that was a very nice area. I also lived in Bonita Springs for over a decade and, although there are some bad sections, most of it is very nice. When I was walking around Estero, i.e., Coconut Mall or Miromar Outlets, I never felt threatened. Of course, everyone should use common sense and not walk around alone at night, but there is a lot of stereotyping going on about the 4th largest state (in population) and it's silly to think that Marco Island is just like Lehigh Acres or that Sanford is just like Boca Raton, etc., etc. I already posted crime stats comparing Cape Coral, which has a very low crime rate, to Sanford, a city 1/3 its size.

I agree that much of Florida is in the dark ages, but so are areas of every state, even New York and California. Look at the number of known hate groups by state.

Hate Map | Southern Poverty Law Center

Omg,Nj has more than Nc.

Old 03-23-2012, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
And if I walked through the hood I'd be called a *****
Are you saying an African,Ghanian American,will be called a cracker in the hood?

Someone needs to remind this Edward A of Amadou Diallo,a Ghanian American who was profiled and killed in Nyc.

17,815 posts, read 25,637,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Riiiiiight. I'm sure conventions in Chicago are being canceled at a breakneck pace since they've already had 100 murders this year.

Where do people come up with this crap?
Actually if you bothered to do a little reading there is talk of people boycotting FL for vacations because of this incident. Not on CD, but on other websites.

So FL leaders need to keep this in mind.

FL's economy relies very heavily on tourism. It's not fair to punish people who have nothing to do with this but it has been discussed.

Back in the 80s a family of German tourists were murdered in South FL over their rental car, that one event impacted FL tourism for a couple of years.

Try educating yourself a little before attacking a post.

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
I was basically making the same point. Read more carefully the next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
That's just dumb.

It's about profiling. Wearing certain clothing will lead to profiling. Blacks, whites and Hispanics all can't do and say the same things.

That's not fair, I know but that's life. Black men, especially younger black boyss that wear hoodies, sagging pants and fitted baseball hats are going to get profiled.

Blacks as a whole have serious image problems. The only way to stop those issues is to solve them.

Just realize, if you dress in a style that is similar to people that are societies outcasts, expect to be treated like one.

I'm not saying it's right, I'm just saying it's reality. Black men from the streets dress in hoodies, so expect to be profiled, even if you're a Harvard MBA.

It happens, you can go to any college campus and see a Asian student and they'll automatically be PRECEIVED as bring smart. Is that a stereotype. Yes. All Asians are not high achievers. Asians have a history and reputation for being "smart" so therefore, if if you meet one that is just average, they'll bennefit from the stereotype.

Same holds true for black men---History and reputaation for being violent, so if you dress in such a manner, get ready to carry the load of being profiled and maybe even killed.

I've had the opportunity to manage black men and being one myself, I have to check myself because I'm starting to develop a disdain for men of my own race as result of the non productive behavior and the way in which we treat eachother.

Black men kill eachother all day every day and no one does anything, let another ethnic group do it and now it's a problem. Blacks deserve the respect we get.

Old 03-23-2012, 07:42 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
What law did gz break when he followed tm or left his vehicle ?
1) Harassment
2) False imprisonment
3) Murder
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies