Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2012, 10:50 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,409,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
This was one of the original news reports...an original witness to some of the actual event. Check the date...
I don't understand why folks are dismissing this witness? This report was filed less than 24 hours after the killing and weeks before the national media storm. To date this is the most credible witness in the story. His story backs up the scene as described in the police report.

Old 03-24-2012, 10:53 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,908,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
I haven't seen anything stating he was out @ 2am or anything extensive on the witness accounts...
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I don't understand why folks are dismissing this witness?
Because it takes a lot of the sensitivity out of the subject....

It weakens a lot of peoples agenda....

etc. etc.

It's pretty obvious.

OR it could be that it was a BS account. But I am sure that would have been well exposed if true. He is obviously the only eye witness that saw what happened before the fact.

Old 03-24-2012, 10:53 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,369,438 times
Quote:
Cling on to it...

//www.city-data.com/forum/23548179-post1766.html

Well over an hour ago I stated it....
Yeah and then AFTER you said that you said this:

Quote:
They are legit questions.....

Was Zimmerman actually getting back into his truck and going about his business?? Or indeed going to the mailboxes to meet the PD?? And then ambushed?? In the process, getting his nose broken and his head cut open??

Was Zimmerman yelling for help in the process??? If he was, would that indicate that he didn't want to shoot??

Is it a little odd that a 17 year old school aged teen is going to get skittles @ 2am??
Unless there was another Hot Handz posting in this thread...if that be the case I do apologize for the confusion.

Old 03-24-2012, 10:56 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,908,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Yeah and then AFTER you said that you said this:

Unless there was another Hot Handz posting in this thread...if that be the case I do apologize for the confusion.
Yes, I didn't fact check RCCCB....

Doesn't change the fact I originally stated the fact I read nothing... and I even reinforced it and stood corrected in another post.

Now, care to discuss the law?? Let's see how "in tune" you are with it... or are you just cherry picking like the people you are accusing??

Old 03-24-2012, 10:59 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,749,701 times
Quote:
The only people who hear "coon" are the ones who want to.

It's impossible.... it could be coons or punks... it could be either way....It's funny how he was trying to coerce the engineer and the engineer said explicitly "it's very difficult to tell what he is saying"
Reminds me of the ''baby doll'' that supposedly said ''black hoe'' when it said ''black hole'' NAACP needs hearing aids.

Old 03-24-2012, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
Oh okay. Still i dont think its odd that a minor would go to a 7-11 for sweets at 2am. It just sounds like something a teenager would do to me
Was there a curfew? If so, he should have been at home.

10,655 posts, read 18,656,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
Was there a curfew? If so, he should have been at home.
No, there was no curfew.

12,200 posts, read 18,369,438 times
Quote:
Yes, I didn't fact check RCCCB....

Doesn't change the fact I originally stated the fact I read nothing... and I even reinforced it and stood corrected in another post.

Now, care to discuss the law?? Let's see how "in tune" you are with it... or are you just cherry picking like the people you are accusing??
Which takes me back to my original statement. IF you were paying attention you wouldn't need to fact check because the time of the incident is one of the FEW facts we know.

IF you'd been paying attention you would have known what time he was out and when the whole 2am comment first occurred you would have known it was false just like the people here who actually took the time to read the reports.

But no I don't want to discuss the law with you....what are your qualifications to interpret the law? Do you play a lawyer on City Data? I can Google the same information that you're posting. But you've been in these threads from the beginning so I already know you're angle. You work in distraction "he's not white he's Hispanic" "what if Martin jumped from behind a bush" "they weren't skittles they were M&M's"

So thanks, but no thanks.

Old 03-24-2012, 11:03 AM

32,087 posts, read 34,676,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
(2) A law enforcement agency may use standard procedures for investigating the use of force as described in subsection (1), but the agency may not arrest the person for using force unless it determines that there is probable cause that the force that was used was unlawful.

Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine

This does seem to place the burden on the dead person. When combined with the sgy law, I can see why 'justifiable homicides' have tripled.
I don't think it puts the burden on the dead person. But I could see why legislators would draft the statute in that fashion.

This law is designed for situations like the one from Sleeping With The Enemy with Julia Roberts (only it extends beyond your home and into the street). Basically, you're walking down the street while listening to your iPod, and then the hitman your ex-husband contracted to murder you jumps out of an alley with a pipe and swings for your head. Unbeknownst to him, you were just coming from the shooting range, and as you duck underneath his swinging lead pipe, you unload a clip of hot lead into his chest. The cops show up, find you in a corner shaking, and also find a deceased assailant with a lead pipe in cold hand.

This was not the case for Trayvon Martin. The "unlawful" act in this case was the unjustified use of force, as evidenced by the fact that Martin was armed with a bag of Skittles. A finding of "probable cause" does not have to be a sure thing. It's simply a matter of the cop saying, "Man, this kid was unarmed. He probably had no reason to kill him." A dead body is almost always grounds for an arrest.

Last edited by BajanYankee; 03-24-2012 at 11:24 AM..

Old 03-24-2012, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
You can believe whatever you like...the federal government is not going away. They will make sure that justice is served.
That is the problem in this country, the feds stick there nose where it doesn't belong, to many times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies