Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2012, 03:20 PM

128 posts, read 192,697 times

Advertisements

If you don't live there you don't know its very very racists this chief is gone and the one before was forced to step down as his son beat a poor black homeless person in downtown Sanford because well he could , the rednecks there will tell you we do want we want to do and mainly in small redneck towns the cops back them up.

If you can help a high school team or collage team win there OK that's a different story but if your just black in smaller town Sanford or Appoka well your in trouble.

Florida rednecks are pissed I cant say why maybe its hot , maybe there daddy beat them know one knows and they are not talking , they kind of think they have to prove they are as redneck as the whole south as many southerners kind of say well Florida that's not the south.

if you look at it the feds gave them a chance to clean the mess up but as with the redneck cops here they did nothing until things exploded in their face as always.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________________
"As a practical matter, we still once in a while run across a Klan cop. "

In an email from Rashad Robinson, Executive Director of Color of Change, which cites its goal as strengthening Black America's political voice, Robinson revealed that the killing of Trayvon Martin is not the first racial incident where he believes the Sanford Police Department acted in an inappropriate, questionable and unconscionable manner.

"Sanford has a history of not prosecuting when the victim is Black. In 2010, the white son of a Sanford police lieutenant was let go by police after assaulting a homeless Black man outside a downtown bar," noted Robinson.

"And, in 2005, a Black teenager was killed by two white security guards, one the son of a Sanford police officer. The pair was arrested and charged, but a judge later cited lack of evidence and dismissed both cases."

On March 21, From The G-Man contacted Cole Thornton to obtain more information about the claims made in the Orlando Sentinel article. Thornton's comments will be published as they become available.

The Department of Justice is now reviewing the case, and, as this story was being posted, CBS News is reporting that Sanford’s Chief of Police, Bill Lee, has “temporarily” stepped down.

Correction: May 23 (10:00 am) The article notes that Sanford Museum curator Alicia Clarke referred Jack Benton as a source of information for this story. Mr. Benton was actually referred through another source that spoke to From The G-Man.

You can get the cops called on your dog there faster by grandma then will show up for a poor person or a black person or for that matter Hispanic being shot .

You see the chief saw no big money in getting Zimmerman for any lawyer or bail or anything and no one of his good old boys called up and said better go get him so he just stood down like a rednecks do .

recall that whole area was at one time admittedly so full of KKK 75% of the male population would admit to being part of it .

Some of us did care no one listens there that's small town Florida old people that don't like kids and blacks and redneck cops and rednecks that don't like Yankees or blacks.

Just true I am not saying anyone likes it just a fact.

Ku Klux Klan Member Found in Florida Police Force

The Trayvon Martin Killing: Has Sanford's KKK Past Come Back to Haunt It? - Cynthia Lynch - Zimbio

I know people do not see Florida that way but its all there if you look always has been .

These are all facts the rest of the country never sees Florida that way , no one cares about most of what goes on its why they have a 30% rate of foreclosure.

Old 03-24-2012, 03:22 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
Oh wow, the Stormfront thread has been posted, I see.
Yep...and apparently someone ran up the flag for C-D's bigots to rally round it. Actually, to pollute it with lies and contempt for human life. Why is Zimmerman said to be white? Because that's how he's designated in the police report. Trayvon was out at 2 a.m.? Not according to the police report. Read the cause of death: Homicide, excessive force. This isn't a "Black thing," it's an American thing. Every parent, every human with even a hint of humanity is disgusted at the mishandling of this case. It reminds
me of what Mr. Welch had to say to Joe McCarthy: "You've done enough.
Have you no sense of decency, sir, at long last? Have you left no sense of decency?" Apparently there are too many McCarthys here.

Old 03-24-2012, 03:33 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seogorilla View Post
If you don't live there you don't know its very very racists this chief is gone and the one before was forced to step down as his son beat a poor black homeless person in downtown Sanford because well he could , the rednecks there will tell you we do want we want to do and mainly in small redneck towns the cops back them up.

If you can help a high school team or collage team win there OK that's a different story but if your just black in smaller town Sanford or Appoka well your in trouble.

Florida rednecks are pissed I cant say why maybe its hot , maybe there daddy beat them know one knows and they are not talking , they kind of think they have to prove they are as redneck as the whole south as many southerners kind of say well Florida that's not the south.

if you look at it the feds gave them a chance to clean the mess up but as with the redneck cops here they did nothing until things exploded in their face as always.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________________

In an email from Rashad Robinson, Executive Director of Color of Change, which cites its goal as strengthening Black America's political voice, Robinson revealed that the killing of Trayvon Martin is not the first racial incident where he believes the Sanford Police Department acted in an inappropriate, questionable and unconscionable manner.

"Sanford has a history of not prosecuting when the victim is Black. In 2010, the white son of a Sanford police lieutenant was let go by police after assaulting a homeless Black man outside a downtown bar," noted Robinson.

"And, in 2005, a Black teenager was killed by two white security guards, one the son of a Sanford police officer. The pair was arrested and charged, but a judge later cited lack of evidence and dismissed both cases."

On March 21, From The G-Man contacted Cole Thornton to obtain more information about the claims made in the Orlando Sentinel article. Thornton's comments will be published as they become available.

The Department of Justice is now reviewing the case, and, as this story was being posted, CBS News is reporting that Sanford’s Chief of Police, Bill Lee, has “temporarily” stepped down.

Correction: May 23 (10:00 am) The article notes that Sanford Museum curator Alicia Clarke referred Jack Benton as a source of information for this story. Mr. Benton was actually referred through another source that spoke to From The G-Man.

You can get the cops called on your dog there faster by grandma then will show up for a poor person or a black person or for that matter Hispanic being shot .

You see the chief saw no big money in getting Zimmerman for any lawyer or bail or anything and no one of his good old boys called up and said better go get him so he just stood down like a rednecks do .

recall that whole area was at one time admittedly so full of KKK 75% of the male population would admit to being part of it .

Some of us did care no one listens there that's small town Florida old people that don't like kids and blacks and redneck cops and rednecks that don't like Yankees or blacks.

The Trayvon Martin Killing: Has Sanford's KKK Past Come Back to Haunt It? - Cynthia Lynch - Zimbio

I know people do not see Florida that way but its all there if you look always has been .

These are all facts the rest of the country never sees Florida that way , no one cares about most of what goes on its why they have a 30% rate of foreclosure.
Like something out of a movie. They seem to have become accustomed and this type of injustice is the norm. Well, I think this town's day of reckoning is upon them. Long overdue.

Old 03-24-2012, 03:35 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,886,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
The NRA wants this to be a federal regulation that would force this on states that don't want it.

Rachel Maddow Asks What It Will Take To Fight The Gun Lobby

Now let's here from those on the right that insist Federal govt butt out of private lives, but would accept a gun organization to dictate law. You're all so FOS it's pouring out of your ears.
The 2nd Amendment applies to the states.

Old 03-24-2012, 03:46 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,637,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seogorilla View Post

Exactly, some people think they know FL because they spent a week at Disneyworld.

While FL has areas that are very nice with beaches and nice resorts in places like Sarasota that cater to tourists and well off retirees, a lot of the state once you get away from the water is just like Sanford, FL.

As this poster said two years ago the son of the police chief in Sanford was one of the redneck teens who beat up a black homeless man for fun.

Only because once again this story made national news were arrests made 3 days later.

If that story hadn't gotten national attention they would have gotten away with it.

It's a different mindset. It's a different breed of folk...LOL.

Unless you have been raised around it or have experienced it firsthand as as FL transplant, it's kind of hard to explain.

They think the rules don't apply to them.

Old 03-24-2012, 03:53 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,933,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLA-P View Post
SOunds like we would have fun arguing civilly over a few beers plinking in the backyard.

No one should leave the house with out ops-checking their gear thoroughly. Of which I have thoroughly.
To argue the quality of a "lol" Ruger vs my sigs or XD's would make good convo!!

Though I am in the Magnum club with my charter bull dog. Lemme quit before we get moved to the guns forum!

Thanx for the Post!
Wow, suddenly the millionaires I've been spending time with lately (not out of choice) don't sound so bad to me! Seriously, I never could understand why people with so much complain when others with so little are hungry or homeless or just need medical care.

However, reading about shooting people is a lot more disturbing to me than greed. No matter who you are, White or Black, rich or poor, I do not believe that guns are the answer.

Back in college around 1968 or 69, I had a poster over my bed which showed a mushroom cloud after a nuclear attack. It said:

"War Does Not Determine Who is Right, Only Who is Left"

Bertrand Russell

Old 03-24-2012, 04:21 PM

3,359 posts, read 7,325,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigr View Post
What gets me about the whole situation is we never hear about senseless black on black murders but a non black kills a black and the world is coming to an end. As a country we are totally screwed until this race crap is no longer an issue.

And who is screaming the loudest? The left wing Democrats, the same people the black community keeps putting in office who are not helping the black people at all. Give people free stuff and they will never question your real motives.
this has nothing to do with 'black on black' homocides...nothing at all...which is a bogus term to begin with...

This has everything to do with a mad man with a carry permit, attacking a youth walking back to his Uncles house from store during halftime of a basketball game...while buying skittles and a soft drink for younger brother...

The issue here is the shooter/monster Zimmerman, not being charged for killing an innocent youth, human, who wasn't doing anything any different than any of us....

Should someone just tackle and shoot you, while walking down the street cause in their phycopath mind they think your a 'threat'???

And if they followed you, stalked you, and then got out and chased you, and tackled you...would you not resist and fight back???

They drug tested the youth...who was negative...but didn't bother drug testing the shooter/monster....

And they waited 3 days, before notifying the parents...while boys body sat in morgue....(cause they knew they screwed up)...

These jerks so wanted this kid to fit some 'criminal' profile...and he didn't!!

All those involved in this case should be fired!!!

How can I ever trust such incompetent bigoted cops ever??

Cops are suppose to be better than that...cops are suppose to be fair...not gangstas with badges...

The kid did nothing wrong, and was ran down by a phycopath...and this phycopath has yet to serve a day in jail...

And that's where the outrage lies....

I can't stand criminals...but this kid was not a criminal!

911 tape shows George Zimmerman lamenting that the “a--holes always get away.” - Florida - MiamiHerald.com (http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/16/2697604/trayvon-martins-parents-criss.html - broken link)

Ironic thing is though...they were both 'Hispanics'...one was a light skinned hispanic, the other a dark skinned hispanic....they both spoke spanish...

But it's sexier to say 'white on black'...than Hispanic on hispanic...

And the white/hispanic dude did describe his victim as being 'black'...

This guy has revealed much about how others percieve 'black' people....

His wording, his actions, his fictitious descriptions, explain so much...

Just being a 'black' person makes you guilty, to the public, even when you haven't done anything wrong...wow...

Old 03-24-2012, 04:24 PM

12,962 posts, read 13,676,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hwy phantom View Post
So you're another eye witness??
was Trayvon shot on public property or private property?

Old 03-24-2012, 04:30 PM

1,182 posts, read 1,139,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
was Trayvon shot on public property or private property?
It depends on the laws of Florida. Here the sidewalks and streets in an HOA community are considered public property and maintained by the city or county. In other states they may be private property and maintained by the HOA.

Old 03-24-2012, 04:31 PM

1,182 posts, read 1,139,716 times
I just find it funny that, all the sudden, Zimmerman has an attorney. If he has been cleared and released without charges, why does he feel the need to have a lawyer?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies