Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2012, 09:39 PM

613 posts, read 759,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIOC View Post
So, he was losing the fight he started. Prove otherwise to be true.
Mr. Block Watch started the fight by following Trayvon, so..

Old 03-24-2012, 09:40 PM

9,007 posts, read 13,839,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
I hope he'd do it again if someone were on top of him beating him for no reason and he was in fear for his life during the attack.
Why was he on top of him?
Maybe because Zimmerman was following him?

613 posts, read 759,968 times
Quote:
He was taking a beating on the ground which is where he landed after Trayvon jumped him from behind and caused the injury to the back of his head. Prove otherwise to be true.
How did Block Watch get his gun out, yo?

12,200 posts, read 18,376,564 times
Quote:
True, but at this point we only have one person to tell us what took place and since everything else he's said appears to be true I don't see why we should not believe him on this one.
And that's your personal belief. He may be telling the truth; he may not. My issue with this case is that the police didn't do what they were supposed to. Had they done their job properly this might not have blown up the way it has but since they didn't I am skeptical of everything about this case except the information I know is factually true.

Zimmerman thought Martin was suspicious.
Zimmerman followed Martin.
There was a fight between Zimmerman & Martin.
Zimmerman shot Martin.

Old 03-24-2012, 09:41 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,782,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
The same reason why people are ignoring the injuries sustained by Zimmerman listed in this very report, it doesn't fit their agenda.
It doesn't fit your agenda that Trayvon had a right to fend off an attacker. If he managed to get this animal off him and Zimmermans head hit the ground, that does not justify shooting Trayvon for getting someone who was assaulting HIM off HIMSELF. You don't want to read anything your own witness said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
Maybe you do, if you feel threat of great bodily harm or threat of being killed by that person or if they continue to pummel you relentlessly.
I am 58 and don't feel I can fend off an attack by a younger man and I do carry a gun legally. I don't think I would hesitate to use it if I felt threatened.

It is entirely possible Zimmerman felt threatened after taking a continued beating from the young man. Had the young man let up and backed off, it is possible he would still be alive.
So you admit you're a thug? Interesting. If I'm old enough to be your mother, and Edwards grandmother, the burden of proof that you are not a violent male is upon you. I ought to shoot you both dead in your tracks. Because by your sci-fi fantasy of a male world, no one who is male or pacifist is permitted to exist. Ergo, women, children, elders, infirmed, or disabled all rendered weak links/ defective males in your infernal arms race mentality.

The new law of the land needs to read that all males in America are to be incarcerated at age 9- about the time they start exhibiting violent tendencies, and not be permitted to leave until they prove themselves non violent & competent to reside in civilization peaceably. Because statistically, most violent crime and acts of property destruction come from that pesky minority in America- American males.

That's fair.

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times
So for several years Zimmerman has been legally "toting" his gun patrolling his neighborhood but never shot anyone until now.

Quote:
Several years ago, Zimmerman and his wife moved into the Retreat at Twin Lakes, a multi-ethnic community that had been plagued by burglaries in recent months.

Zimmerman, according to neighbors, stepped up to organize the community watch, patrolling the neighborhood while walking his dog, toting his Kel Tek 9mm semiautomatic handgun, for which he held a concealed weapons permit.

One resident told The Miami Herald that Zimmerman implored her husband to arm himself. Another neighbor, Frank Taffee, who has frequently supported Zimmerman to the media, said Zimmerman thwarted a burglary.

His next-door neighbor, who asked not to be identified, said Zimmerman always chatted with her in Spanish and was polite, once warning her husband to move his car lest it get towed from a prohibited sidewalk space.

“I feel bad that people are talking about him,” she said. “I don’t think he’s a bad person.”
Read more here: George Zimmerman: Self-appointed watchman or racist killer? - Florida - MiamiHerald.com (http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/23/2712299_p3/george-zimmerman-self-appointed.html#storylink=cpy - broken link)

14,268 posts, read 18,933,960 times
I can't believe how this is affecting everyone. I just go into an argument with someone in my home. I said it was a shame that an unarmed teenager was shot to death, and he said "but he was beating up the guy." Duh?

Old 03-24-2012, 09:43 PM

1,147 posts, read 1,899,102 times
Quote:
He was taking a beating on the ground which is where he landed after Trayvon jumped him from behind and caused the injury to the back of his head. Prove otherwise to be true.

Prove this happen outside of the word of the guy who has the most to lose.

For days you were going on and on about other making assumptions, and now you are making a rather big one.

5,767 posts, read 5,015,185 times
Quote:
The witness was yelling at Trayvon to stop, he was on top of Zimmerman assaulting him. Zimmerman was yelling for help, he was fearful for his life because he was being attacked and when he had the opportunity to defend himself he did, end of story.

NO. Here's the quote again:

"The guy on the bottom who had a red sweater on was yelling to me: 'help, help…and I told him to stop and I was calling 911," he said.

NO. He didn't say, "I told the kid to stop and I was calling 911." He said,
"...was yelling to me: 'help, help...and I told him to stop and I was calling 911." Any English teacher would tell you that the way this comment is phrased indicates that he was speaking to Zimmerman, as he added no qualifiers to indicate differently.

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
The loony left? Zimmerman is the one who used "White" when he gave his report to the police.

Now that people are listening to the tapes and mentioning his possible racial slurs, we suddenly hear "Oh, he's Latino and has lots of Black friends." So why did he make nearly 50 calls to the police complaining of Black people as young as 7 years old acting suspiciously in his neighborhood? You are reminding me of the man who said to me "I live in a really nice community. We don't have any Blacks living there." When I told him that was a terribly racist thing to say, he answered, "I'm not a racist. I voted for Obama."
Look at his picture. He ain't white. Gee, this is getting ridiculous. The only racist I see here is you. If it had been a white kid there would be no outcry.

The only witness, and the physical evidence, supports Zimmerman's statements. You cannot arrest people on a convoluted theory. I thought liberals were against abuse of police power. I guess I was wrong.

Remember in court guilt has to be proven beyond a reasonable doubt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies