Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2012, 09:50 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,879,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I'm a racist because I'm pointing out a fact? He put White on the police report. Guess I should have ignored you in the first place. I also have been blaming the police for their poor handling of the case. In several instances, the Sanford police have ignored attacks on Black victims, including a homeless man who was knocked unconscious.

So yes, I am against abuse of police power.
If I put I was black in a police report would that make me black?

Old 03-24-2012, 09:51 PM

1,147 posts, read 1,898,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Who knows, I know exactly how I would do it but that's just me. Anyone who carries a concealed weapon like I do should be capable of drawing and firing in a matter of a second or 2 at the most, that's even if you're laying on your back while someone is attacking you. I'm sure Trayvon never knew what hit him.

Anyone know what type of weapon Zimmerman was carrying?
it's in the report you claim to have read.

9,949 posts, read 8,848,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIOC View Post
Prove this happen outside of the word of the guy who has the most to lose.

For days you were going on and on about other making assumptions, and now you are making a rather big one.
I'm not making an assumption, I'm basing my statements on facts and statements from Zimmerman. He was there, I believe what he has to say since he was the victim in this case.

29,407 posts, read 21,996,065 times
Looks like the riots start monday..............

Because thousands of people are expected for a huge community meeting on the Trayvon Martin case Monday evening, preparations are well underway to deal with the large crowds of people.[LEFT]
Read more: Jesse Jackson Discusses Martin Case - Orlando News Story - WESH Orlando
[/LEFT]

Old 03-24-2012, 09:52 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,369,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
You seem to forget the burden of proof is on the prosecution.
Try to keep up.

I'm asking him why he believes the words of Zimmerman at face value. He believes things happened that way simply because he said so. Well a lot of people have said "this is what happened" in the past and we later found out they drowned their kids, buried them in the back yard and killed their pregnant wives.

But I bet people believed them too...just because they said so.

Old 03-24-2012, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
What I meant to add was that the whole thing just seems methodical the more and more you analyze the circumstances.

* Zimmerman volunteers to be the fake neighborhood cop.

* Zimmerman dials 911 more often than a debt collector phones deadbeats

* Zimmerman complains about blacks in every last one of the calls that have been released to the public.

(At this point Zimmerman constructs his own justification for his existence).

* Zimmerman knows full well about the stand your ground statute

(At this point, Zimmerman has considerable latitude to use lethal force)

* Zimmerman sees Tayron Martin and calls 911

* Zimmerman says something's "wrong with him" and claims there's "something in his waistband" and that he's "staring" at him and "coming at" him

(An attempt to build a claim of self defense for authorities who will presumably investigate the case)

* Zimmerman has already followed Martin for some distance and is attempting to engage him directly - against the advice of 911 dispatcher.

* Zimmerman proceeds to take a loaded firearm and confront Martin directly

* Zimmerman gets into an altercation of some kind. Many say it's Martin's voice crying for help, but suppose it's not. Maybe it is indeed Zimmerman "crying for help". Maybe Zimmerman is "scared". Maybe Zimmerman "fears for his life"

* Zimmerman then proceeds to kill Tayron Martin.
And all of this was masterminded by the "nimrod, mental midget" that you guys have been attacking for days now?

Old 03-24-2012, 09:53 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,369,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
If I put I was black in a police report would that make me black?
Why would you lie on the police report

Old 03-24-2012, 09:53 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,879,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
What I meant to add was that the whole thing just seems methodical the more and more you analyze the circumstances.

* Zimmerman volunteers to be the fake neighborhood cop.

* Zimmerman dials 911 more often than a debt collector phones deadbeats

* Zimmerman complains about blacks in every last one of the calls that have been released to the public.

(At this point Zimmerman constructs his own justification for his existence).

* Zimmerman knows full well about the stand your ground statute

(At this point, Zimmerman has considerable latitude to use lethal force)

* Zimmerman sees Tayron Martin and calls 911

* Zimmerman says something's "wrong with him" and claims there's "something in his waistband" and that he's "staring" at him and "coming at" him

(An attempt to build a claim of self defense for authorities who will presumably investigate the case)

* Zimmerman has already followed Martin for some distance and is attempting to engage him directly - against the advice of 911 dispatcher.

* Zimmerman proceeds to take a loaded firearm and confront Martin directly

* Zimmerman gets into an altercation of some kind. Many say it's Martin's voice crying for help, but suppose it's not. Maybe it is indeed Zimmerman "crying for help". Maybe Zimmerman is "scared". Maybe Zimmerman "fears for his life"

* Zimmerman then proceeds to kill Tayron Martin.
I see much more than just reasonable doubt.

Old 03-24-2012, 09:54 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,624,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theredsnowman View Post
Police make mistakes and Florida has stupid laws. Everybody in Florida knows if you kill somebody to claim it was done in self defense.
Right again.

FL is a very weird state.

For example if a child drowns in a pool in FL unless drugs are found in the home no charges are ever filed.

There are a lot of children drowing in pools in FL. I don't believe they're all accidental.

No one is ever charged with negligence, it's always a "tragic accident".

People know this, so as horrible as it sounds if you want to get rid of a child, you can let them wonder into the pool.

Old 03-24-2012, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Looks like the riots start monday..............

Because thousands of people are expected for a huge community meeting on the Trayvon Martin case Monday evening, preparations are well underway to deal with the large crowds of people.[LEFT]
Read more: Jesse Jackson Discusses Martin Case - Orlando News Story - WESH Orlando
[/LEFT]
Lock and load folks, these idiots are going to make hurricane Andrew look mild.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies