Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2012, 10:51 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,851,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Exactly. Let's use me, for example. Forget age, forget race.

I'm 61, White, female. I am being followed by a 250 lb man as I am walking home from the store, minding my own business. He looks angry and agitated, so I start to walk quickly to get away from him. I look back and suddenly he's ready to pounce on me, so I hit him with my cane over and over again so he doesn't rape me. Does he have a right to shoot me in self defense?
Nope, he was the aggressor. Until we know who was actually the aggressor in this case we don't know who was in the wrong but the report and witnesses point to Trayvon being the aggressor.

Old 03-24-2012, 10:52 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,375,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Zimmerman is only 24, he's still a young person too.

If this took place on my property I wouldn't have stayed on with 911 long enough for them to make a suggestion for me to stay inside my home or car. I'm going to do what I need to do to protect my home and family, no matter what any ignorant 911 dispatcher thinks I should do.
You know you've been posting in these threads since the beginning but you don't seem to be retaining the facts. Zimmerman is not 24.

Quote:
Nope, he was the aggressor. Until we know who was actually the aggressor in this case we don't know who was in the wrong but the report and witnesses point to Trayvon being the aggressor.
So until we know we was actually the aggressor Trayvoin was the aggressor? That doesn't even make any sense. How can you say "he was the aggressor" and then follow that statement with "until we know who was actually the aggressor"....you just said Trayvon was the aggressor.

Old 03-24-2012, 10:54 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,416,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
And I've already expressed my skepticism for this police department and their eye witness who didn't want to be identified. Zimmerman is screaming help, while reaching for his gun, shoots and then immediately stops screaming. Not even quiets down but stops right away. That guy has some control power over his lungs for sure.
With people like you foaming at the mouth for blood can you blame the witness for wanting to remain anonymous? BTW the girl on the phone with Trayvon while this occurred wants to remain anonymous are you suspicious of her too? She's the supposed linchpin in the case the black activists have dreamed up.

Old 03-24-2012, 10:56 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times
Quote:
You've become quite the troll on this particular thread and you sound as if you have been programmed. You are repeating things as if they are factual and its sounding pretty creepy.

Old 03-24-2012, 10:58 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,375,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
With people like you foaming at the mouth for blood can you blame the witness for wanting to remain anonymous?
People like me foaming at the mouth for blood? What people like me? . People who think the police screwed up on this case? people who actually read the reports? People who actually pay attention to the facts and aren't caught up in "Latino is not a race" debates? Who are people like me exactly?

Whose blood did I call for? Please quote the post where I called for anyone's blood. I'll wait.

Quote:
If Trayvon had the right to walk up and down these sidewalks so did Zimmerman, nobody was stalked or chased.
Didn't I just say that I don't believe what Zimmerman did was stalking? You're not going to do a very good job at defending him if you're not going to read what's being said.

Old 03-24-2012, 10:58 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,474,269 times
Don't you guys ever sleep?

Old 03-24-2012, 11:04 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,183,047 times
Quote:
Exactly. Let's use me, for example. Forget age, forget race.

I'm 61, White, female. I am being followed by a 250 lb man as I am walking home from the store, minding my own business. He looks angry and agitated, so I start to walk quickly to get away from him. I look back and suddenly he's ready to pounce on me, so I hit him with my cane over and over again so he doesn't rape me, breaking his nose. Does he have a right to shoot me in self defense?
Maybe... if he was walking fast to get past you and you only thought he was ready to pounce. What if he was just trying to get home quickly to his family and you misread his actions.

He could use force to stop your violent attack on this innocent man.

See... it all in how you spin the story.

Old 03-24-2012, 11:06 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,931,918 times
I just thought of something.

Chief Lee further states that, "Zimmerman was in fact on a personal errand in his vehicle when he observed Mr. Martin in his community and called the Sanford Police Department."

So he was in his vehicle, called 911, and then took his gun to go after Trayvor Martin? If he was on a personal errand, why would he have a 9mm weapon handy? Maybe I'm just naive, but do people carry concealed weapons to go on personal errands?

All along people have been referring to him as being on neighborhood watch duty.

Old 03-24-2012, 11:09 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,947,225 times
Quote:
Maybe I'm just naive.
Glad it finally donged on you.

Old 03-24-2012, 11:10 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,014,662 times
Quote:
If Trayvon had the right to walk up and down these sidewalks so did Zimmerman, nobody was stalked or chased.
Nobody was chased? Zimmerman followed Trayvon, and eventually ran after him. How else did he come into physical contact with him? Surely you aren't suggesting that Trayvon pulled Zimmerman from his truck, dragged him down the street into a yard and then proceeded to beat him?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies