Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2012, 03:07 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,918,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
This makes folks happy? That a fellow citizen has to go in hiding because a rabid mob wants to do the same to him they claim he did to the kid? Wow is all I can say. Some are so far lost it's beyond belief.
Live by the sword, die by the sword

Old 03-22-2012, 03:08 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,911,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post

But what can you expect casey anthony murdered her little girl and is now making you tube videos and enjoying her life.
let's not be pretentious and throw the Casey Anthony verdict around for good measure....Where was your level of concern when the baby was killed?????

Why all of the sudden are you using it to load your own arguments???

//www.city-data.com/forum/true-...y-verdict.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/true-...good-life.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/true-...book-deal.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ot-guilty.html

I will give you $1000 if you can find me ONE post from you in any of these threads....before the time of my post right now

Let's kill the act dude.....It's painfully clear you have a super agenda.

Old 03-22-2012, 03:09 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Can anyone say that for sure given the legal framework that SYG provides? Maybe it's not as cut and dried as people believe? And that's my point....the process should play out based on legal maneuvering.....not emotional outcry.
Stand Your Ground fathers: Trayvon Martin's killer should likely be arrested, doesn't deserve immunity

The fathers of Florida’s controversial Stand Your Ground law implicated in the death of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin say the man who shot him to death probably should be arrested and doesn’t deserve a self-defense claim of immunity.

Former state Sen. Durell Peaden and current state Rep. Dennis Baxley say the law they passed in 2005 was designed to protect citizens by giving them the right to “meet force with force.”

Both men say they don’t know all the facts of Trayvon's case. But, they say they believe the law would not allow a person like George Zimmerman to pursue and confront a person like Trayvon and then use deadly force. Zimmerman has not been charged.

“They got the goods on him. They need to prosecute whoever shot the kid,” said Peaden, a Crestview Republican who sponsored the deadly force law in 2005. “He has no protection under my law.”

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/naked...-immunity.html

Old 03-22-2012, 03:10 PM

31,046 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Has Zimmerman had his trial already? I failed to see that one.
I don't think anyone will argue that he killed the kid. Is it murder or just a suspect? That is for a court to decide. Should he be locked up, definately. I wouldn't want Zimmerman following me and I'm whiter than he is.

8,145 posts, read 6,531,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
let's not be pretentious and throw the Casey Anthony verdict around for good measure....Where was your level of concern when the baby was killed?????

Why all of the sudden are you using it to load your own arguments???

//www.city-data.com/forum/true-...y-verdict.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/true-...good-life.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/true-...book-deal.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ot-guilty.html

I will give you $1000 if you can find me ONE post from you in any of these threads....before the time of my post right now

Let's kill the act dude.....It's painfully clear you have a super agenda.
You should know

11,944 posts, read 14,782,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Do show a lack of concern for anybody when I tell people that there will be a mob demonstration against the police? Maybe you need to take another look at what I said.
Roys your political ilk has gone very far out of it's way to infiltrate OWS with militia gun nut rabid anarchy. The overwhelming majority of OWS told them to step off, and no doubt, those interested in real justice (million man march crowd) will tell your ilk to step off as well. But I guess when some white guy kills Zimmerman trying to blame blacks for it, you'll be the first one to point your bony finger at a black man dunnit.

We already know how racists operate. We know about the gang stalkers, the nasty publications sold to weak minded whites, and the hate peddling that goes on in gun shows. We got your collective # long ago.

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
Live by the sword, die by the sword
Maybe that is what that zimmerman guy said too? Why is it wrong for him to do it but right for you?? I guess you don't even understand the hypocrisy you are preaching so never mind. Continue with the nonsense.

Old 03-22-2012, 03:11 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,911,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
You should know
Consider yourself blown up.

Old 03-22-2012, 03:12 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,709,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I totally get what you're saying. I really do. However, I do believe there are a preponderance of examples of persons claiming self-defense and being set free on their own personal recognizance, only to have no charges filed against them. In other words, a self-defense claim does not always mean spending time in jail, especially if the evidence is sufficiently convincing. It happens pretty frequently actually.....mostly in cases of home break-ins. I believe this is where the police are given wide discretion.
I know that's true in cases like home invasions or break-ins and that police have some discretion. But in those cases it seems much more reasonable to assume that the shooter was defending himself from a threat because the intruder had no reason to be in the house.

I think that under these facts the police made a serious error. Whether it was because of incompetence or racism is unclear, but as another poster pointed out, if they did lean on witnesses to change statements, or do any of the other things they've been accused of, then it's no wonder that the charges of racism are being leveled.

Old 03-22-2012, 03:12 PM

136 posts, read 193,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprascooby22 View Post
Al Sharpton to join protest over killing of unarmed Florida teen | WTVR.com

Does anyone actually think that Al Sharpton brings anything of value to any situation he is involved in?

If so, please explain.
We in New York know Sharpton well. He has a long and disgraceful rap sheet.
He has been CONVICTED of fraud, character defamation, and tax evasion.
He also instigated racial violence which led to murders. First in 1991 in Crown Heights, Brooklyn, and again a few years later in Harlem.

He's a scoundrel. Leftists should not let their ideology blind them from seeing that. He should be in jail, not the host of his own TV show. MSNBC should be ashamed of itself!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies