Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2012, 04:39 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,782,788 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Every word that this police chief has stated as "fact" is taken directly and only from the shooter himself, Zimmerman. He did not have a single wittnessed questioned, he had no ballistics tested on the gun, he did no crime scene investigation. He just asked Zimmerman what happened, took what he said as gospel, and let him walk away WITH THE MURDER WEAPON. I can not imagine any city in the country where this would be considered competent police work, can you?
Bolded-- I want to see LE stand up to this crap as a profession. Serious as a heart attack. The integrity of their profession really is on the line and that 'blue wall of silence' needs to speak up and speak plainly. Good cops hate dirty cops plenty. Take the gag off them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Then why is HE bringing it up???
You are, and continue on in every thread you've attended on this subject, to divert attention away from the facts and reality of the situation. You're a very useful tool throwing Trayvon under the bus.

Old 03-22-2012, 04:41 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,600,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimmerama View Post
Black kids get murdered all the time - apparently it only matters when it isn't another black kid doing the killing.
Does it matter to you when it IS by another black kid? Do you go out demanding justice for them? And everyone is outraged because the shooter hasn't been arrested and not because he was a white hispanic.

Old 03-22-2012, 04:43 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,281,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
It wouldn't change my opinion at all. If Zimmerman had not followed and stalked Trayvon than they would have never come in contact with each other. You can't go looking for a fight like Zimmerman did and then whine about self defense when it doesn't work out the way you thought it would. I suppose it could be the difference between Zimmerman being guilty of manslaughter instead of murder.
That is outrageous. People in the city next to me have several neighborhood watch cars going 24-7 and they keep the neighborhood cleaner from crime.

If the 6' 3" athletic teen initiated the contact and was indeed on top of the Hispanic Zimmerman beating him for being Hispanic or whatever, then you realize it is tragic, but that the Martin teen made a STUPID choice to attack another person.

With all the damage from blows to Zimmerman and the witnesses that say he was being beaten by the large teen I doubt it could be manslaughter and a Judge would be forced to overrule it.

Old 03-22-2012, 04:45 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,918,958 times
Quote:
Black kids get murdered all the time - apparently it only matters when it isn't another black kid doing the killing.

Please provide a link to just one case in which a black kid was killed by another black kid that was not arrested after admitting they were the shooter.

Until you can provide that, you are just propping up a worthless strawman.

Old 03-22-2012, 04:46 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,281,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
This older news directly contradicts the statements made by two witnesses who saw Zimmerman on top of Trayvon, whose face was pressed into the grass. It also contradicts statements made by Trayvon's
girlfriend, who was talking to him on the phone before the altercation, and had urged Trayvon to run. He feared for his life, and rightfully so. Even if
Zimmerman had bothered to ask Trayvon what he was doing, the kid was under no obligation to answer. According to the Fifth Amendment, you aren't even required to answer a police officer. After the shooting, one officer had a witness change her testimony...none of this is kosher. Of course, the Sanford P.D. has to CTA at this point.
The ones who have Zimmerman on top were after the shooting and I guess it would make sense after being beaten by the giant teen you would get into a position to not let it happen again if they were alive.

11,944 posts, read 14,782,788 times
Quote:
BS it DOES MATTER. Always has and always will. Weasels like white supremacists and Black supremacists Alton Maddox/ Farrakhan have a vested interest in cashing in on their blood. So do you.

I loathe and despise them all equally. Smiley and West prefer a healthy outcome and invest themselves just that way. But for you, all blacks are exactly the same. Which is why Trayvon got the treatment you feel a violent animal you heard about once deserves. Doesn't matter how right he was. Doesn't matter how decent he was. He's just another piece of trash, as Zimmerman would say. You ARE Zimmerman. That's why you defend his despicable behavior.

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
I witnessed that Tom Bradley deal live. SOB comes out of a party drunk and on TV says he doesn't understand why they weren't rioting already over this.
Then it shouldn't be that hard to find a link to such a statement because if it existed it would have been national news and would be all over Youtube.

But while I am waiting for it to appear (just like the Michelle Obama whitey tape) let me provide these:
The jury's verdict will never outlive the images of the savage beating seared forever into our minds and souls. . . . I understand full well that we must give voice to our great frustration. I know that we must express our profound outrage. But we must do so in ways that bring honor to ourselves and our communities."
Bradley Insists His Reaction to Verdicts Didn't Fuel Riots - Los Angeles Times

The mayor said that he started preparing for possible trouble three weeks before the King jury started deliberations...
He said the group had agreed that a convocation would be held after the verdicts at the First AME Church, the largest church in the black community. The purpose, he said, was to give people an opportunity to vent their anger in a constructive way and to urge others against engaging in any violence if the verdicts were unfavorable.
Ibid

Mayor Tom Bradley expresses disappointment on Rodney King verdict with Chief Daryl Gates - YouTube

Here's another.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=VJ8z7otpYxE

Old 03-22-2012, 04:48 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
This makes folks happy? That a fellow citizen has to go in hiding because a rabid mob wants to do the same to him they claim he did to the kid? Wow is all I can say. Some are so far lost it's beyond belief.
It's surreal keep in mind when a raving white mob went after Blacks it was bad now the tables are turned and it's ok.

Old 03-22-2012, 04:49 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,911,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
It wouldn't change my opinion at all. If Zimmerman had not followed and stalked Trayvon than they would have never come in contact with each other. You can't go looking for a fight like Zimmerman did and then whine about self defense when it doesn't work out the way you thought it would. I suppose it could be the difference between Zimmerman being guilty of manslaughter instead of murder.

It's manslaughter at the most, IMO.

Was he looking for a fight? Or did he want to know what the kid was doing? Why even call 911 if you are planning to shoot the kid??

Look, if he had some contrived plot of calling 911 to give the illusion of help while he had the intention all along of shooting this kid...Why not just shoot him?

There was witness accounts of a fight.

It doesn't make much sense for Zimmerman to have gone to the lengths he did, risking his own life, to shoot and kill a black person.

The intent to kill and the race card just doesn't add up to me..

Old 03-22-2012, 04:50 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
I don't think anyone will argue that he killed the kid. Is it murder or just a suspect? That is for a court to decide. Should he be locked up, definately. I wouldn't want Zimmerman following me and I'm whiter than he is.
He wouldn't follow you, you don't fit the profile of the guys that had been terrorizing his neighborhood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies