Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2012, 09:46 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,594,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Can someone from the rabid pro Trayvon crowd explain to us what we are to take from the police report? The police find a man bloodied and beaten are we too brush that aside. It appears the media has because I haven't seen it mention in any reports but I'm wondering what other posters think?
Yeah. Have sympathy for the bloodied and beaten older person and to hell with the child shot in the effing chest laid dead.

Old 03-22-2012, 09:48 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
Can someone from the rabid pro Trayvon crowd explain to us what we are to take from the police report? The police find a man bloodied and beaten are we too brush that aside. It appears the media has because I haven't seen it mention in any reports but I'm wondering what other posters think?
You want an explanation? I find that amusing. I've posed a question to you three times and you refuse to answer.

As a sidenote...how do we know how bloody the shooter was if the police did not confiscate his clothing or take photos??? Was he hospitalized? Xrays? Physicians report? Get real!

Old 03-22-2012, 09:51 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
As a sidenote...how do we know how bloody the shooter was if the police did not confiscate his clothing or take photos??? Was he hospitalized? Xrays? Physicians report? Get real!
According to the police report he was "treated" by the fire department (EMT's I assume) and then driven to the police station. No hospital, no Xrays, god knows not MRI, and not an MD in sight.

http://www.sanfordfl.gov/investigation/docs/Twin%20Lakes%20Shooting%20Initial%20Report.pdf (broken link)

Old 03-22-2012, 09:53 PM

1,569 posts, read 2,043,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I'm dying to know where they read any of that because the PDF file that has been linked to records no such statement. In fact other than Officer RICARDO AYALA identifying Zimmerman as a white male , Officer AYALA writes:

"Zimmerman was placed in the rear of my police vehicle and was given first aid (for his life threatening injuries no doubt: OVC) by the SFD. While SFD was attending to Zimmerman, I over heard him state "I was yelling for someone to help me, but no one would help me." At no point did I question Zimmerman about the incident that had taken place. Once Zimmerman was cleared by the SFD (for his life threatening injuries I assume:OVC), he was transported to the Sanfor Police Department."

What is interesting however is that the original description of the offense was Homicide-Negligent Manslaughter Unnecessary Killing To Prevent Unlawful Act.

782.11 Unnecessary killing to prevent unlawful act.—Whoever shall unnecessarily kill another, either while resisting an attempt by such other person to commit any felony, or to do any other unlawful act, or after such attempt shall have failed, shall be deemed guilty of manslaughter, a felony of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.
I am dying to know how Florida reconciles this with the "Stand Your Ground" statute.
The stand your ground statute applies to persons who are on their own private property (and quite possibly just their home). This action took place on a public sidewalk (so far as I'm aware).

Old 03-22-2012, 09:55 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,848,638 times
Quote:
According to the police report he was "treated" by the fire department (EMT's I assume) and then driven to the police station. No hospital, no Xrays, god knows not MRI, and not an MD in sight.

http://www.sanfordfl.gov/investigation/docs/Twin%20Lakes%20Shooting%20Initial%20Report.pdf (broken link)
Why on earth would they Xray him if they didn't suspect he had any broken bones? An MRI would be even less needed without cause.

Old 03-22-2012, 09:55 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,409,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimmerama View Post
And by justice, do they mean "the outcome they desire," not justice as it would normally be defined?
They've already threatened to burn the city down so I'm guessing that's what they mean.

Old 03-22-2012, 09:59 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,472,864 times
Quote:
I don't know how many times I have to tell you. I'm not one of you and never will be. None of my ancestors were slaves on an American plantation. I'm a Ghanaian American of free mind.

You are not the final arbiter of identity.
Dude, you are black. Are you a human being that was born in the United states of America of African descent?

Congrats. That makes you black. And therefore that automatically makes you a part of this monolithic black community you speak ill of all the time. I don't get how you think you can separate yourself from all the bad stuff yet all the well to do black folk around are forced to stay in the so called monolithic culture that you love to denigrate every chance you can get.

I'm as much of an arbiter of your identity as you are of all the black people you choose to judge.

Old 03-22-2012, 10:02 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:

This stinks to the high heavens. They took zero evidence for forensics. That is not how this type of scenario is supposed to play out. Since his clothing (which very well must be discarded by now) had blood on them, how does anyone know just how much, if any, of the blood was actually his? They did not tamper with evidence, they willfully allowed it to be destroyed.

Old 03-22-2012, 10:04 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
it's odd that almost every topic that edwardA posts on turns out to be a discussion about edwardA by self-described black C-D members- rather than about the topic itself.
why is that?

i thought that goes against the TOS, yet you see these same discussions on virtually every topic edA posts to.

Old 03-22-2012, 10:06 PM

613 posts, read 759,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Onions View Post
How telling that you think that when a black person is threatened by a white person, the black person should show 'respect'...

Whenever being stalked by a random armed moron, you should always be very respectful and kind toward your stalker.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies